Mountain Peaks Board (Major WIP, No Photos Yet)

By Alino, in Terrain Building

Heyo! Alino here. I'll be moving into my own place next year with a garage, which will be my half my hobby area / half where my stepbrother parks his car (I'm parking outside only so I can have a Legion area.)

I'll be working on multiple projects when i'm there, and one of them is a board I've been coming up with for awhile - a Mountain Peaks board. The general idea is that the board itself will just be a thick layer of clouds, which, for rules purposes, will be treated like deep water, where it's impassable for troopers and ground vehicles, but passable for repulsor vehicles.

Then, I'll have roughly a dozen mountain peaks made up of various sizes. They won't all be in use at a time, but I like having variety for various matches. They'll have paths along them, as well as a few small cave ways big enough for a squad to fit in (but not deep enough to get stuck in them, pretty shallow) The major paths will be just wide enough for an AT-ST to walk along. There will also be small connection points that aren't too noticeable around various areas of the terrain, which bridges will be able to hook into. They will, of course, be wide enough for an AT-ST to cross over. I'm going to aim for 4 peaks that are range 3 in height, 4 that are range 2, and 4 that are range 1.

I figured I'd start this project log now to see how interested you guys are in it. I'm planning to actually put in effort onto this board, unlike all my other terrain pieces that are majorly half-assed, so if you guys are interested I'll start buying stuff soon.

cool 😀 .

1 hour ago, Rebel dude said:

cool 😀 .

Surprised somebody's replied here already, won't even be buying stuff for a week or 2. The first thing I'll do are the rope bridges, only cause i want to get them out of the way. They'll be the easiest and most tiring part of the entire build

sweeeeeeet!

Looking forward to see how this progresses!

12 hours ago, Thevshi said:

Looking forward to see how this progresses!

Thanks :) Been coming up with alot of plans already, and making a shopping list. The final project for the board (so pretty far into the future) will be a large mountain peak, where the top 4th of the mountain peak can be taken off to reveal a small rebel base hidden inside. The reason it'll be the last thing i'll do is because i know it'll be the most difficult, and am a bit nervous on doing it when compared to the other peaks.

On Wednesday, December 12, 2018 at 4:30 PM, Alino said:

.... The first thing I'll do are the rope bridges, only cause i want to get them out of the way. They'll be the easiest and most tiring part of the entire build

Rope bridges that AT-STs can cross? That's some strong rope.

1 hour ago, Albertese said:

Rope bridges that AT-STs can cross? That's some strong rope.

Yeah, been working on things, decided to just make them big enough for infantry. The first peak i'm working on is quite large, so even though the AT-STs and the like are confined to single peaks, they can still cover a good chunk of area