Gnutten paints Mansions of Madness

By Gnutten, in Mansions of Madness

Hello all!

Just finished the Mansions of Madness paint project... sort of complete at the moment. 😃

NCmNWC8.jpg

Just had to seek in Cthulhu himself in the corner..

doZlbAx.jpg

Just love this game... soo good.

Closeups...

Investigators

BhIfO8z.jpg

Fishes

O1RpUNZ.jpg

Undead

93mY7uq.jpg

Flyers

TzTuJvx.jpg

Evil humans

R4jGANi.jpg

Cultists

d4n2pEy.jpg

Others

NUKevNa.jpg

Big stuff

sbueYFt.jpg

Big stuff II

NmRhCeI.jpg

Edited by Gnutten

This is seriously great work Gnutten!!! They look fantastic. Funnily enough I absolutely love this game but I'd always found the miniatures slightly second rate compared to some of my other games (The Others, Arcadia Quest, Descent etc). Although the game play and theme blows most games out of the water, the miniatures never quite grabbed me as much...seeing them painted though totally changes that. Thanks for sharing!! Inspires me to paint mine! Thanks

Thank you very much.

Painted minis help out the game quite a lot. The standard bases in MoM are rather clunky... a rebase fits them better. I found the flyers just lying on the floor looked a bit odd also, so a flying base was an upgrade I think. Also the face on the Mi-Go felt a bit off since they shouldn't have a face... so a slight replacement.

akfS09q.jpg

Edited by Gnutten
7 hours ago, Gnutten said:

Also the face on the Mi-Go felt a bit off since they shouldn't have a face... so a slight replacement. 

It's not a "face" it's a gold mask that they like to wear.

These look fantastic! Painted miniatures really add another level to an already brilliant game. Great work!

Really great work! I also like the headswap on the Mi-Go! It that tentacles from a WHFB Dryad? Might need to do that too, I have never really come to like those golden masks the models wear. :)

Many thanks for kind comments!

Well spotted Totgeboren... that's indeed a WHFB Dryad Root Piece. It fits rather good so it makes for a quick and rather effortless replacement.