4 player game

By Ywingscum, in Heroes of Terrinoth

Good times, fast game so everyone stays engaged. Played the Rheeda Walice scenario, probably misspelled her name. We didn’t kill her but won, just healer died on last turn. Can’t wait to do another session. For a medium difficulty quest though it was hard and we only one with a questionable last play.

final player action was explore, fell short one success but drew a exploration card that said you become focused, I ruled it could be used and on the reroll got the required success

On 12/10/2018 at 8:33 AM, Ywingscum said:

final player action was explore, fell short one success but drew a exploration card that said you become focused, I ruled it could be used and on the reroll got the required success

Congrats! ... But I don't think this is the proper way to rule it. If you look at the explore card, you roll dice as the first step. This part of the action must be completely resolved before you move to the next action, which is drawing and resolving exploration card. As such, it could not be used on that same roll.

Do you think you still would have won if you had to go through another round? When I play Warhammer Quest: The Adventure Card Game, I often have rounds where I have fully explored the final location, but you don't check that until the travel phase and my party gets eliminated before the end of that round. Tough game! (both versions)

On 12/10/2018 at 2:33 PM, Ywingscum said:

Good times, fast game so everyone stays engaged. Played the Rheeda Walice scenario, probably misspelled her name. We didn’t kill her but won, just healer died on last turn. Can’t wait to do another session. For a medium difficulty quest though it was hard and we only one with a questionable last play.

Sounds fun....but I also think its probably the wrong rule use....but if it made sense at the time...who cares 😄

14 hours ago, Budgernaut said:

Congrats! ... But I don't think this is the proper way to rule it. If you look at the explore card, you roll dice as the first step. This part of the action must be completely resolved before you move to the next action, which is drawing and resolving exploration card. As such, it could not be used on that same roll.

Do you think you still would have won if you had to go through another round? When I play Warhammer Quest: The Adventure Card Game, I often have rounds where I have fully explored the final location, but you don't check that until the travel phase and my party gets eliminated before the end of that round. Tough game! (both versions)

I think you are correct. It was last round, so no we technically lost. But I’m not telling anyone haha, cause it made for a dramatic thrilling last minute win :)