Beginner list, need feedback

By Ice Dragon, in Imperial Assault Skirmish

New to the game and working on a list trying out some new goodies I acquired. I wanted to get in Explosive Armaments, but was at 40 points so I pulled Hired Guns (4) to see what I could do. Now I have to come up with 3 points.

IG-88 (12) + Focused on the Kill (0)

HK Assassin Droid (8)

Vinto Hreeda (5)

Weequay Pirate (5)

Hondo Ohnaka (6)

Explosive Armaments (1)

37 points

I like how EA gives bonuses to Vinto, Weequays, HK ADroids and IG. Too tempting to use, or do I punt and put the Hired Guns back in?

4 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

New to the game and working on a list trying out some new goodies I acquired. I wanted to get in Explosive Armaments, but was at 40 points so I pulled Hired Guns (4) to see what I could do. Now I have to come up with 3 points.

IG-88 (12) + Focused on the Kill (0)

HK Assassin Droid (8)

Vinto Hreeda (5)

Weequay Pirate (5)

Hondo Ohnaka (6)

Explosive Armaments (1)

37 points

I like how EA gives bonuses to Vinto, Weequays, HK ADroids and IG. Too tempting to use, or do I punt and put the Hired Guns back in?

So unfortunately "Explosive Armaments" is an attachment- this means that it's abilities only apply to one deployment card figure/group that it is paired with. So the ability only works for one set of figures.

Are you wanting a more competitive list or just a fun list?

Working with what I know you have, I would honestly just upgrade the Weequays to the elites (they are far far better) and drop EA and add in a regular Jawa. EA is fun but to maximize its value you need to run Gideon + C3PO and focus up the 2 figures (either Elite Weequays or HKs). Without the focus it is much much hard to trigger the double surge.

Thanks for the feedback. Yeah I found out that it has to be attached, so I put it on the HKs. Still had fun using it. This was only my 3rd time playing so I'm still just flushing out what I want to use and learning the rules better. I have gotten a lot of suggestions to mix in R2/3PO and other Rebels. So far I've been trying to keep the Scum pure, but may have to look at the other options I have as I continue to learn.

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

Thanks for the feedback. Yeah I found out that it has to be attached, so I put it on the HKs. Still had fun using it. This was only my 3rd time playing so I'm still just flushing out what I want to use and learning the rules better. I have gotten a lot of suggestions to mix in R2/3PO and other Rebels. So far I've been trying to keep the Scum pure, but may have to look at the other options I have as I continue to learn.

The benefits of 3P0 and R2 are focus and card draw, respectively. If you're looking to keep the all-scum flavour and accomplish largely the same task, you might want to think about picking up Jabba. He does both of those things, and is a pretty cool looking model to boot :)

I echo the Jabba sentiment! He's actually a competitive figure too and he pairs really nicely with Hondo (Hondo gain earn back the VPs that Jabba spends to order a hit in later rounds). Plus if you want to run Scum to their max potential you want Hunter Cards, and I think there's a few in his pack. The only other scum I would REALLY highly recommend you pick up is Greedo- he is insane for his value.

So going to my Regional tomorrow, and playing around with what I want to run. I don't honestly expect to win any matches, but just want to be competitive since I'm still learning, and of course have fun. Nothing out of the box here, but still have 4 points to play with.

12 - IG88 + Focused on the Kill

7 - Weequay Pirate

6 - Hondo Ohnaka

6 - Jabba the Hutt

5 - Vinto Hreeda

currently @ 36 points. So with my last 4 points I'm looking at these options:

4 - Hired Guns

4 - Clawdite Shapeshifter

3 + 1 - Ugnaught Tinkerer/Junk Droid + Indentured Jester/Salacious B. Crumb (not sure who I would put this upgrade on)

3 + 1 - Gideon Argus + Temporary Alliance

Appreciate any and all feedback!

Edited by Ice Dragon

You will get some seriously upset people if you don't at least put Greedo on the list of options. Also another is - change Vinto to Greedo (what's the difference between rodians) and add EJawa and C3PO. That takes you to 7 activations which you really want when against Spectre.

I've used Greedo a few times, haven't yet seemed to figure out the right way to get anything from him. That's basically why I left him out.

As I continue to look the list over, I guess another option would be to drop Jabba and replace him with Gideon/C3PO/Temp Alliance. I can use all the FOCUS I can get, not sure how much losing Scheme/Order Hit would hurt.

You could drop jabba and take ejawa-3, chopper-3, headhunter (equipped to chopper)-1, c3po-2, and devious. The jawa can put some decent damage through. Chopper with headhunter is really great as you can essentially stop/motivate your opponent from sitting on a terminal as chopper can damage their terminal sitter and force them to discard a card.

I moved my Regional team talk over to the Regional thread. Thanks for all the advice.