Marvel Vaporized Expansion

By Naketa, in Talisman Home Brews

After beiing Vaporized by a Mad Titan... Half the Univers woke up in a Strange yet Familliar Land !
Welcome The Full Printable Marvel Vaporised Extension for Taliman 4th revised ! I hope you will Print & play with it !
I designed it with my heart & my friends ! Hope you will play it and Share it !

0 reply 😢

There's a lot of cool stuff here. Thanos is a beast and obvious a serious challenge. Conceptually, I like him as an end boss. I probably wouldn't him in my game - mainly because I wouldn't want such a direct reference to Marvel like that - but I could see adapting something similar as a new end boss. One thing I might have done differently is, instead of having Thanos come with all the Infinity Gems pre-installed, I might have started him at a lower base power but have the Infinity Gems scattered through the deck. Each time one gets drawn, it gets added to Thanos, increasing his Power and giving him additional power. That way you can try to rush him before he gets all the gems.

I'm a little skeptical about the way villains work right now. That's a lot of tough enemies to include in the Adventure deck. They can be evaded, which is a plus, but then they just end up clogging up the board until someone is strong enough to challenge them or they can get discarded (which might not happen). Also, is there a reason you made them Encounter #4 like Strangers, rather than #2 or #3?

Also, is it just me, or does Followers-02 and Character-02 have a greenish tint to the image? Maybe it's just displaying oddly on my computer.

Hello Reedstilt !
Thank you very much for your interest !

1-Thanos Gems : The idea of scattering gems in the deck is really awesome ! The only "problem" (but there is always a solution) is that the game takes place after Infinity War movie because our Heroes are already Vapourised, and at that time, Thanos already have all these gems maybe we can use the fact that his glove has been damaged at the end of the movie and make him rebuild it ...
Moreover this expansion is designed for those who enjoy a longer game , I want NOBODY to rush Thanos without resulting in a suicidal move ! I mean, you wouldn't rush a 6 gemed Thanos without beiing Buffed AF and expect to win ;)

2- Villains !
The idea of creating another level of Ennemies is because most of the time, when you reach a Strength of 13/14 you don't even roll dices against ennemies on the land and I don't like that part of the Game because it creates a gap between two kinds of players on the Table : Those who can win (but can lose in case of Extraordinary Unlucky move) and Those who can't win and just want to slaughter thoses who feast in loot and Strength/Craft Points.
Here, when you reach STR/CRFT of 13/14, you focus on Vilains who can still beat your *** and are necessary for the Endgame, leaving other standards ennemies to weaker players, and gives them time to buff, because if the character on the crown of command is killed, all his villains trophies come back to the board in the middle region, and all players may teleport there at their next round to collect them ! (they are never discarded)

3- Clogging vilains !
In the rules, no vilain may ever be discarded ! Once you draw an ennemy Vilain you can evade him but he will book one space, it's challenging if you only play with the base game, once you add Dungeon, or Highland, or City, or Woodland, there is pleeeenty of space !
The vilain card is Encounter #4 to make clear that Vilains won't team up with other Ennemies... Displacement, Bad luck and other tricks that would put 3 Vilain in one space (45 STR !!!) may result in not possible to defeat them, but you clearly NEED to kill them all to Stand in front of Thanos !

And finally, you are right about colors, my screen is not nicely calibred...I need to find original back colors, and fix that !
:)
Hope you will find time to try it
Cheerz

Don't forget you have around 40 XMEN followers who can clearly help you against these powerfull foes !

I hadn't noticed that all the characters are the ones that got Snapped in Infinity War. That's a cool little detail.

Kind of late to join the discussion but... I bring a little contribution:

Adventure-Back.png