What to build with the first three waves?

By Jdling, in Imperial Assault Skirmish

I have played around with IA campaign mode using the core set, but was just handed one each of the first three waves.

I want to build some fairly balanced skirmish squads for our gaming group to try out.

Can anyone suggest, or point me to, some reasonable, but not broken squads.

Don't worry about the command deck builds. We will sort that out once we see the squads.

Thanks!

Now this is fun! Let's try here. Part of how balanced these lists will be depends upon Command Card distribution, and early waves Imperial Lists tend to do better on missions where you just sit on stuff and get Victory Points.

Rebels: 40 Points- 7 Activations/10 Figures/56 Health

2 C3PO

3 R2D2

3 Gideon

3 Mak

7 Rebel Saboteurs

9 Rebel Troopers

10 Luke Skywalker

2 Rebel High Command

1 Balance of the Force

Imperials: 40 Points- 6 Activations/ 10 Figures/ 65 Health

10 Kayn Somos

8 Heavy Stormtroopers

9 Stormtroopers

8 Royal Guard (Make sure you are using the fixed version, which should have been included in newer copies of the IA Core Box)

2 Imperial Officer

2 Imperial Officer

1 Rule by Fear

Thanks for the start.

e = elite, r = regular, '/' = swappable

Imperial:

Kayn, rOfficer, eHeavy/rRoyal Guards, eProbe, Royal Guard Champion

eStorm, rStorm/rHeavy, Vader, rOfficer, eProbe

eRoyal Guards, rProbe, eHeavy,, eStorm, rHeavy, rOfficer

Rebel:

Chewie/(Han + Gideon), Jyn, eRebel Trooper/Fenn/Biv, eSab, Mak, Balance of the Force

Farmboy Luke, Diala, Gideon, Biv, Rebel High Command, Fenn/eRebel Trooper

Diala, Farmboy Luke, Chewie, Jyn, Gideon

I'm deliberately avoiding Rebel Care Package (Gideon + C-3PO) so that's intentional

Edited by ricope

Thanks again.

I have purposefully been avoiding net-decking for balance purposes.

Does the IG-88 and Trandoshans list work with the strain output? As a long time magic player, that feels like trying to win by milling out their deck. Its good to pull off the trick, but low on the win percentages.