Resistance without rey or poe

By ficklegreendice, in X-Wing Squad Builder

Because, admit it, those ****s are gonna be everywhere

Rey is prob easily the strongest ship of the bunch with multiple, self-sufficient mods, but the faction has some way to modify its less insane pilots with just a bit of jank

All we need are the Droid Bros, c3po and m8g8

Both essentially give you "free" mods. m9g8 turns that TL you'd never acquire on an enemy into a free-roll and c3po "refunds" the action you spent to coordinate with a calculate token. In essence, they both give free mods but they need another friendly to work to their fullest

So m9g8 mandates a t70 and I like c3po better on a bomber (since bombs offset the lack of self-sufficient mods with guaranteed damage, and the ship also has more arc coverage to offset dependence on blue moves)

M9g8 should go on the scrubbiest X available because that X ain't ever getting full mods. C3po calculate has particular synergy with Vennie (though there's arguably also Edon's ability to drop by post manuever, requiring only that he doesn't overlap another ship)

And so,

Vennie + Trajectory Simulator + C-3PO + Proton Bombs / Blue Squadron Rookie + M9-G8 / Ello Asty + Heroic / (191)

https://raithos.github.io/?f=Resistance&d=v5!s!294:114,-1,191,-1,-1,69,-1,-1:;258:197,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1:;299:172,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1:&sn=Synergy Chain&obs=

Vennie has extra synergy worth c3po as anyone attacking in their mobile arc adds 1 FOCUS to their result. C3po allows you to stack two calculate even if you got no one to support!

Now, we could either load Vennie for bear with seismics, skilled bomber and ablative, or go Edon, or go for a heroic Seastriker for a hopefully more durable m9g8 caddie

Edited by ficklegreendice

I have no real plans, but I can firmly and comfortably state that as of yet, Rey's falcon is not in them. I'm far more focused on T-70s and MG-100s.

How do you access the resistance ships in the f f g app? I don't see them. Is there an update out for that?

I'm not using the ffg app. Both YASB 2.0 and launchbay app have the new stuff

Bomber 70 (Vennie)

(67) Vennie
(6) C-3PO
(3) Seismic Charges
(5) Proton Bombs
(2) Skilled Bombardier
(3) Trajectory Simulator
(4) Ablative Plating
Points 90

(56) Ello Asty
(1) Heroic
(0) Integrated S-foils
Points 57

(46) Blue Squadron Rookie
(7) M9-G8
(0) Integrated S-foils
Points 53

Total points: 20

Sounds fun, though I'm afraid the meta will force me to cheat and include poe...

Bomber 70 (edon und poe)

(69) Edon Kappehl
(6) C-3PO
(3) Seismic Charges
(6) Proximity Mines
(2) Skilled Bombardier
(3) Trajectory Simulator
Points 89

(68) Poe Dameron
(1) Heroic
(0) Integrated S-foils
(2) R4 Astromech
Points 71

(38) L'ulo L'ampar
(1) Heroic
(1) Trick Shot
Points 40

Total points: 200

Vennie (67)
Fire-Control System (3)
Rose Tico (9)
Veteran Turret Gunner (8)
Finn (10)

Lieutenant Bastian (48)
M9-G8 (7)
Integrated S-Foils (0)
Hardpoint: Missile (0)
Cluster Missiles (5)

L'ulo L'ampar (38)
Lone Wolf (4)
Heroic (1)

Total: 200

M9-G8 locked on Vennie.

So the idea is you would focus with Vennie. Range 1 Vennie can role 4 dice with an additional Finn blank. Likely as I2 you would have rolled some defence so you have triggered Rose. You can now spend M9 and Fire-Control system/target lock and focus while also trigger Rose again. Double tap with VTG and repeat. So hopefully a 5 followed by a 4 dice attack should put damage down on your target which Bestian can now attack with either cannons or a double tap missile.

Edited by Tyhar7

I assume you meant to post this in the Squad Lists subforum, and not the near useless Squad Builder subforum.