Don't do this in the Lothal intro mission if you want the Rebels to have fun...

By Tvboy, in Imperial Assault Campaign

I thought it would be thematic and funny to deploy this on round 1, but it was broken. I think they were rightfully miffed at me.

8XuDDTE.png

How did you have enough threat to deploy it round 1? Or did you deploy it at the end of round 1?

1 minute ago, Stompburger said:

How did you have enough threat to deploy it round 1? Or did you deploy it at the end of round 1?

Status phase of round 1. 6 threat from setup plus 3 threat from status phase.

19 minutes ago, Tvboy said:

Status phase of round 1. 6 threat from setup plus 3 threat from status phase.

Ah okay. Well, with only an officer and a Death Trooper removed it looks like they were already struggling a little, so they were probably already a bit demoralized... 😁

Stunning or +9dmg on the AT-DP would still do about the same that attacking other figures that cost 9 threat would do.

Not thinning the Stormtrooper group already has them in trouble - Squad Training is quite powerful. Defeating groups is fine, put defeating a figure from a 3-figure group is better.

I think the mission is pretty hard no matter what, there's way more threat being thrown at the Rebels then they would be able to handle with just 2 xp and 1200 credits on top of the requirement that all 4 heroes have to get to the other side of the map and only healthy heroes can interact with the flares.

I feel like I could have pulled off a similar strategy with an elite Nexu and then a regular Nexu to keep that 2x2 hole plugged and the Rebels trapped in their starting area unless they chose to spend their entire activation double moving.