Marie Lambeau - "Witch Blood"

By gural, in Arkham Horror

I have much problem with this card. What is the timing.
Action : You may perform an action you have already performed this round. You can allow another investigator to perform this action whith your Smoky Velvet ability.

1. Is there a point in using her as a first in turn - as I understand no.

2. Do Marie have to use the same action 2 times - with may you can not use the other action that one you have already used.

3. Jenny uses Evade (after succes Attack) then Move. Marie use Focus, then Witch Blood to use Focus second time. She gives Jenny Witch Blood. Jenny again Evades, but after succes she can't Attack again - is it true ??

(1) If Marie is using Witch Blood, it will normally be advantageous to take her turn late in the action phase, so that another investigator could use Smoky Velvet on that action. However, it might be the case the other players need to see the outcome of her 2 (identical) actions before they act. Off the top of my head, she might be engaged with a massive monster and wanting to kill it with 2 attacks, letting other investigators move through that space without needing to stop.

(2) Yes. Witch Blood does not allow you to use an action that you have not already performed this round.

(3) Jenny cannot attack again, as the extra action granted the second (duplicated) evade cannot in itself be a duplicate. Likewise, if Marie evades with a extra move leading to a new engage, she can use Witch Blood to evade a second time but cannot move again as her extra action.

I don’t believe Marie would “give” Witch Blood to another investigator, she only allows the other investigator to perform the action she just duplicated (and only if that character did not perform that same action during his/her round already).

In your example, Marie would allow Jenny to use the focus action.

Also, Marie could not enable Jenny to evade as Jenny had already evaded in her own turn.

This has been addressed in a thread on BGG: https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/2096139/official-ffg-rulings

Specifically:

QUESTION:
Regarding Marie Lambeau's 'Witch Blood', does 'this action' refer to the action on Witch Blood or the action taken via Witch Blood?

RESPONSE:
'This action" refers to Witch-Blood’s component action: "Perform an action you have already performed this turn." It does not allow the other investigator to use the action that Marie performed twice, but rather to use an action that they themselves used earlier this round.

Oh wow, I've been playing that wrong. Important clarification, as I was timing turns in such a way that Marie's duplicated Action would be useful to the other Investigator...

So Marie doesn’t just give another investigator another action, but also one they already performed before? That’s crazy powerful (and weirdly anti thematic).

If not from a (apparent) FFG source, I wouldn’t have believed it.

On 12/4/2018 at 11:33 AM, cheapmate said:

So Marie doesn’t just give another investigator another action, but also one they already performed before? That’s crazy powerful (and weirdly anti thematic).

If not from a (apparent) FFG source, I wouldn’t have believed it.

Marie's ability on here character card, "Smoky Velvet", gives another investigator the action Marie just performed.

Her starting possession, "Witch Blood", let's Marie perform an action she has already performed this round. "Witch Blood" is an action so she can use "Smoky Velvet" to give another investigator the "Witch Blood" action.

So it is the combo of two abilities that let's her give people an action they already performed.

Why do you find it anti-thematic?

15 hours ago, Fenyx said:

Why do you find it anti-thematic?

Witch Blood is (one of) her signature abilities, thematic to her back story, and the fact that she can “give” this to another investigator feels anti-thematic to me.

Also, it would have been cooler if she had been unique in having the ability to perform the same action twice.