Hard back rules, harder to find then the Holy grail !!

By soulman, in Arkham Horror

I did place a order with a company,and just now found a emails saying they giving me my money back.. I would love to have the hardback rules but by golly hardest thing to find.. did FF send any out to other retailers ?

I have a copy of the hardback rules, are you looking for those only or the game too? I'm looking to sell my copy with rules included, only played 3 times.

There are plenty of copies on eBay at the moment, all based in the US.

If you are curious about what exactly is inside before spending money then here is our video all about it.

The Arkham Chronicle Gang

I got a copy with the base game as a gift from my local online seller.. 😀

I didn't even preorder but got a copy free with the game because the FLGS I purchased from still had some.

We had to pay $15 extra for it here in Australia. :(

Some companies even did sell them as separate products...

On 12/11/2018 at 12:41 AM, DMG said:

We had to pay $15 extra for it here in Australia. :(

19 hours ago, Hannibal_pjv said:

Some companies even did sell them as separate products...

Is this even legal?

I doubt it very much...

But still there were at least one... I did not order from that company!

13 hours ago, tsuma534 said:

Is this even legal?

Who knows... This company has since tried to charge me extra for postage when their web site says flat rates. Very dodgy... Won't be using them again.

But they're not the only ones selling the book here as a separate item.

2 hours ago, DMG said:

But they're not the only ones selling the book here as a separat  e item.

Yeah, there's a gathering of them on Amazon as well... Not sure if it's pre order resales from people who didn't want it, or a company trying to turn a profit on something that they got for free.

On 12/10/2018 at 4:42 AM, mwmcintyre said:

I didn't even preorder but got a copy free with the game because the FLGS I purchased from still had some.

Same.

Wow... I really should read the news pages more carefully. I'm in Australia and had to pay $15 Aus for the deluxe book which I bought at the same time as the game from the same store. To add insult to injury, both the included 'Learn to Play' book and the 'Deluxe Book' Component lists have different errors.

If anyone is curious:

Game Rules

Money Tokens,
Total of 40 correct,
31 x1, 6 x5 ( should be 9 x5)

Deluxe H/cover Rules

Event Cards,
72 (should be 96)
Special Cards,
28 (should be 26)
Condition Cards,
18 (should be 12)
Money Tokens,
Total 30 (should be 40)
24 x1 (should be 31)
6 x5 (should be 9)

I sent this to FFG with a request to give us a correct page for the deluxe book on matching glossy paper in a future expansion, or at the very least a PDF.