Star Wars Galaxy of Adventure

By Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun, in X-Wing Off-Topic

Edited by Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun

I'll watch it.

Looks cool.

Just watched the initial 7 videos plus the 3 spots and I am blown away. I can't believe its Disney who made these. These are perfectly done. 100 out of 100.

They are a bit kiddy with the narration and some of the slapstick but the animation is great, especially love the fluidity of it.

FYI, its only available in the USA I think. Not available in New Zealand. Can get around this using a VPN though.

LOVE the trench run!

YO THESE ARE SICK AS FRAK HOLY CRAP

The Han Solo one makes me proud to own a Falcon in x-wing. These are great! I would love to see a full television series with this style.

Are these little shorts all there is going to be of this, or is it getting stitched together as the full movies?

2 hours ago, Forgottenlore said:

Are these little shorts all there is going to be of this, or is it getting stitched together as the full movies?

Just a short, pretty sure. That would be a significant investment to make it the full film.

I really love the Luke vs. The Death Star (as narrated by His son Prince Zuko).

The effect used for the force was SO good and draws you into how a Jedi sees things and can deflect blaster bolts, but the models used for the x-wings, and other ships, seems to be very similar to what we see on Resistance.

These are very well animated and I think a testing ground for a longer feature.

I miss Carrie.

😢

On 2/9/2019 at 9:10 AM, Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun said:

I miss Carrie.

😢

Let the past die I guess. This is retcon garbage. Lets make Luke, Han, and Chiewie useless and show how a REAL NPC Mary Sue can save the day. Disney Star Wars is dead.

11 hours ago, Lace Jetstreamer said:

Let the past die I guess. This is retcon garbage. Lets make Luke, Han, and Chiewie useless and show how a REAL NPC Mary Sue can save the day. Disney Star Wars is dead.

Leia is not exactly an NPC, you know...

Also what is shown here is not that different from what actually happens in the films 😋 (just rewatch that prison escape, you'll see). You seem to miss the point that it is the anime version of the scene, so of course they exaggerated it, to make it funny.

We should be glad they didn't just re-made the scene, and actually tried to do something new.

Edit : also Han, Luke, and Chewie had their own episodes where they could shine as well

Edited by AbsatSolo
20 hours ago, Lace Jetstreamer said:

I am guessing you don't watch anime really? This is about on par on what happens for comedy bits. Like say Goku for Dragon Ball being scared of his human wife or when Bulma takes charge of a situation.

Also this isn't Disney I think saying the movies are forgotten and THIS is replacing it, just another take on it in a new style. Unless they actually said that the movies were now Legends? Also in all honesty Leia does take charge during the prison escape and gets frustated with how their plan went badly.

Yeah I get they really were making fools with Luke with that wire or Leia being the one to push Chewie down but this epsiode is Leia's and that is how anime type stuff is usually played. Its really more so for a laugh or two.

There have been some pretty cool episodes they have made, 3 of which focus on Luke I believe. Also the Yoda one is amazing in my opinion.

Edited by KiraYamatoSF
17 hours ago, AbsatSolo said:

Leia is not exactly an NPC, you know...

Also what is shown here is not that different from what actually happens in the films 😋 (just rewatch that prison escape, you'll see). You seem to miss the point that it is the anime version of the scene, so of course they exaggerated it, to make it funny.

We should be glad they didn't just re-made the scene, and actually tried to do something new.

Edit : also Han, Luke, and Chewie had their own episodes where they could shine as well

Maybe you are the one who needs to rewatch a New Hope. Luke, Lei, and Han were a makeshift team that used Team Work to escape. Luke was not a bumbling idiot. Chew wasn't kicked in the nuts. Lei wasn't a Mary Sue.

I am a life long Anime Fan and am very surprised how ignorant you are of anime in general. Anime does not equal silly. Eva is a great example. Or maybe Berserk. Imagine if during a fight scene where Guts is ripping the limbs off of his opponents to have a 'silly' scene where he kicks his horse in the nuts for comic effect.

As for being glad they didn't re==make the scene. They actually DID remake the scenes from a new hope. That is the very problem with this episode. They fundamentally changed the story. They also made it impossible for Lei and Luke to escape the bridge scene btw.

8 hours ago, KiraYamatoSF said:

I am guessing you don't watch anime really? This is about on par on what happens for comedy bits. Like say Goku for Dragon Ball being scared of his human wife or when Bulma takes charge of a situation.

Also this isn't Disney I think saying the movies are forgotten and THIS is replacing it, just another take on it in a new style. Unless they actually said that the movies were now Legends? Also in all honesty Leia does take charge during the prison escape and gets frustated with how their plan went badly.

Yeah I get they really were making fools with Luke with that wire or Leia being the one to push Chewie down but this epsiode is Leia's and that is how anime type stuff is usually played. Its really more so for a laugh or two.

There have been some pretty cool episodes they have made, 3 of which focus on Luke I believe. Also the Yoda one is amazing in my opinion.

Your assumption is false. I am a life long anime fan. Maybe you are the one who is ignorant in the ways of anime. There are very serious anime that do not have such silly comedy. If all you watch is dragonball, than sorry for you. Just watch Eva and Berserk for an idea of how to do serious anime especially during combat scenes. There is a time and place for comedy and its most certainly not during combat in a New Hope.

I also agree the first 7 episodes were great (see my comment at the to of this thread). But Disney has gone and SJW/NPCd this show by ret-conning a new Hope with this garbage.

8 hours ago, Lace Jetstreamer said:

Maybe you are the one who needs to rewatch a New Hope. Luke, Lei, and Han were a makeshift team that used Team Work to escape. Luke was not a bumbling idiot. Chew wasn't kicked in the nuts. Lei wasn't a Mary Sue.

I am a life long Anime Fan and am very surprised how ignorant you are of anime in general. Anime does not equal silly. Eva is a great example. Or maybe Berserk. Imagine if during a fight scene where Guts is ripping the limbs off of his opponents to have a 'silly' scene where he kicks his horse in the nuts for comic effect.

As for being glad they didn't re==make the scene. They actually DID remake the scenes from a new hope. That is the very problem with this episode. They fundamentally changed the story. They also made it impossible for Lei and Luke to escape the bridge scene btw.

I did. And Leia does makes snarky comments about how incompetent the "rescue crew" is, she does take Luke's guns from his hands, and she does open the exit. And Chew gets kicked (by Han, tough). ****, the princess keeps insulting everyone during the whole escape, to the point Han says he'll either kill or marry her.

And that is the purpose of the comic here. Since the character are mute and you can't hear Leia describing how stupid Han, Luke, and Chewie are, the anime just SHOW it. It is not only here to make children laugh, it reflects the main character's perception of the situation, wich is : ****, these guys are d*mb as bricks.

And that is why it's good, and well done.

Also, just saying, of course anime does not means silly moment, I've seen enough to know that. But most of them visually exaggerate the emotions of the character,with gestures or facial expressions. That is what I meant in my previous post.

And finally... SJW, for real ? Leia looks like an hysteric witch, not really glorifying IMO...

On 2/16/2019 at 3:12 PM, Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun said:

❤️

On 2/12/2019 at 5:13 PM, Lace Jetstreamer said:

I think it was more exaggerating characteristics for comedic effect.