Figure Costs in App

By Rikalonius, in Legends of the Alliance

If an Imperial Officer's orders are to "Order: Another Imperial Figure with a figure cost of 3 or less that can perform an attack..."

I have been playing that means the cost on the card, but disagreement arose about that cost being the replenishment cost. That is, a Jet Trooper has a replenishment cost of 2, so a single figure costs 2 points, even though the unit costs 4. Is is the cost on the card, or the reinforcement cost?

Reinforcement cost, is the figure cost. in your example. 2 is the cost of a figure in the regular jet trooper deployment

FIGURE COST

Each figure in Imperial Assault has a figure cost that may be referenced by abilities and game effects.

· For a single-figure group, the figure cost is equal to the group's deployment cost.

· For a multi-figure group, the figure cost is equal to the figure's reinforcement cost.

· A companion has a figure cost of 0.

· Otherwise, such as the captive from "Imperial Hospitality," (pg. 29, Campaign Guide, core game) the figure cost is 0.

I didn't want to make another topic, so I'll ask in this one. I'm playing my first time through Jabba's Realm on the app, since I bought the expansion, finally. I haven't played through the normal campaign. This might be spoilers for the app campaign, so I'll hide it as such:

In the Nal Hutta mission, I have a question about bait. It doesn't say that you interact with the bait, just that you incur 1 strain to get it. Also, it doesn't say that throw is an action. Is it?

Edited by Rikalonius

I actually just finished that mission. No, it does not cost an action to pick up or throw the bait.

1 strain and on or adjacent to claim, throwing needs adjacency to the certain figure and has one per activation limit, IIRC.

Mission details

Onar tanked the crap out of that Rancor. Wounded he lead it through the swamp towards the ship. Only with the last medpac and the rule that the Rancor had to try to move to get more than one rebel, was I able to get it on the ship before the beefy Aqualish turned into a Rancor meal. The mission ended with Onar at 17 of 20 on the wounded side of the card. Also Onar had to consume the bait, showing that he is determined to do anything to survive.

I would love to see Onar in a live action Star Wars movie.

But what happened to the zookeeper...? And who was your own "keeper"?

(I have "only" played this three times with various outcomes. :D )

Ok, I'm confused. This is for the app, right? I hope I'm not missing something and rather I'm missing the joke... was there supposed to be a keeper? Primarily I had Vinto and Onar getting bait and trying to keep the rancor at bay. I'm glad I didn't run out because I didn't know about having to bait it over the the ship. Fortunately for this mission, I recruited Leia Organa by doing a deep space mission prior to the Nal Hutta mission. Then I choose to take IG-88 as my bounty hunter companion. He proved immeasurably badass on normal mode. With his two attacks and Leia assisting with a third, he was laying waste to Imperial figures.

I apparently was obfuscating the elements of the app Trophy Hunting too much.

Your mercenary ally was looking after you - keeper. It sounds you didn't make a deal with Kallenn(?) but defeated him instead. That is one decision that takes the rest of the mission in a different direction. But if your mercenary "friend" is still on the map, you're probably not inclined to strike a deal with Kallenn.

2 minutes ago, a1bert said:

I apparently was obfuscating the elements of the app Trophy Hunting too much.

Your mercenary ally was looking after you - keeper. It sounds you didn't make a deal with Kallenn(?) but defeated him instead. That is one decision that takes the rest of the mission in a different direction. But if your mercenary "friend" is still on the map, you're probably not inclined to strike a deal with Kallenn.

And he was.

Fenn was the one that broke the terminal code. Fenn probably wouldn't have given him a break even if IG-88 wasn't not too far away as he has no love for Imperials and Kallenn had just tried to feed him and his teammates to a Rancor. Next time I run through it, I will bring Dengar and make a deal with Kallenn, just so I can see the alternate outcome.