Punctuation of the games

By YeiEsOu, in Arkham Horror

I'm looking at the rules and I do not see a punctuation system for the games.
In AH 2.0 and Eldritch Horror if you have it and it is a good way to register your games.
In Mansion of Madness there is no scoring system and it is one thing that I think is missing.
What do you think?

Thanks.

I'm not even sure what you are talking about. I have no clue what a punctuation system is or would be for board games and I'm not sure why you need a scoring system since it's about narrative and mostly just whether you win or lose.

Edited by mwmcintyre

I know in 2nd ed and EH, you could use a scoring system to see how well you accomplished your goal from game to game. Ultimately the goal is to get the best score that you can, but in this case i feel that it does detract from the fact that this version is entirely story driven.

I only ever used scoring for Eldritch Horror, because it was one of the questions in Tibs’ Eldritch Horror Statistics scheet

And in LOTR LCG to see how succesful a deck was against a scenario

Honestly, I don’t miss it in Mansions of Madness, I think you can guess fairly accurate how close you were to (just) losing or (barely) winning

It is of much more value in semi-coop games, where it is a measure of how well each player has done compared to one and other, while jointly fighting the game