Gamemat opinion

By Budgernaut, in Heroes of Terrinoth

I am now 1 round into my first game of Heroes of Terrinoth on the Heroes of Terrinoth Gamemat. I must say I'm a little disappointed. The mat is cool, for sure, but it's cramped, even playing with only two heroes. I think this gamemat is idea for a single player controlling two heroes. Any more than that and you just can't fit all the cards on the mat. It's not a problem if you have a nice game table with a cushion top, but if you're playing on a standard dining room table, it is frustrating to have some cards on the mat and some off the mat.

Since I don't have a nice table, I think I'm going to have to put my Star Wars Bespin mat underneath my Heroes of Terrinoth mat so I have more room. I really wish this mat were larger.

Agree. But the 4p mat is too small for Arkham as well. This game forced me to get a dice tower to play with as well.

19 hours ago, IceQube MkII said:

Agree. But the 4p mat is too small for Arkham as well. This game forced me to get a dice tower to play with as well.

Why forced to? I enjoy the feel of dice in my hand and rolling, but I've also considered a tower. Does that make it easier/better/faster?

True. Forced is not the right word.

I like the feel of rolling dice in my hand but a dice tower saves table space.

Well, I just tried playing a 4-hero game on my mat. It was crowded and not ideal, but it worked okay. I put all the decks and stuff above their labels on the mat instead of below and used the white clear space for the shadows. The heroes had their actions in a 2x2 square instead of being spread out in a row. It wasn't so bad, but when heroes had 3 enemies engaged, the enemy cards had to be overlapping.