Lure of Middle-earth - 8/10 March in Germany

By Rouxxor, in Player community

As every year a marvelous event take place in at Castle Stahleck: https://lureofmiddleearth.com/

I'm not one of the organizer, only one dynamic participant. I only go once (last year) but it was a great experience so I'm going back this year. The schedule is not yet (beware: the one in the website is the one from last year). I'm discussing about it in the lure forum: https://lureofmiddleearth.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&p=270&sid=b08e43980e9f4750ab03e74b8e4628b6#p270

I hope to see many of you there ;).

I just got the email that confirmed our registration got through and I'm quite excited, so me and my girlfriend will definitely be there next March, hope to see you lot of you guys there. It will be my first time to a LOTR LCG convention (thought not the first time at a convention) and the setting seems amazing, so hyped!

Me and my sister will be there as well and it will be the first time for both of us on such a convention.

I am on of the organizers of the event and I am so happy, that you guys are coming this year! I am so excited to meet you!

If there are any questions about the event or if you have any concerns, feel free to reach out to me or ask here in the forum!

8 hours ago, Nerdmeetsyou said:

I am on of the organizers of the event and I am so happy, that you guys are coming this year! I am so excited to meet you!

If there are any questions about the event or if you have any concerns, feel free to reach out to me or ask here in the forum!

Cool, thanks for reaching out. I will go ahead and take the chance to ask if there is an idea of when to expect the event schedule (I found the 2018 one on the website and used it as a general reference for now).

8 hours ago, Alonewolf87 said:

Cool, thanks for reaching out. I will go ahead and take the chance to ask if there is an idea of when to expect the event schedule (I found the 2018 one on the website and used it as a general reference for now).

A non definitive schedule have been posted recently. You can follow the discussion about the schedule here ( https://lureofmiddleearth.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&p=270&sid=b08e43980e9f4750ab03e74b8e4628b6#p270 ) and even explain your opinion to help us determine what to do :).

1 hour ago, Rouxxor said:

A non definitive schedule have been posted recently. You can follow the discussion about the schedule here ( https://lureofmiddleearth.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&p=270&sid=b08e43980e9f4750ab03e74b8e4628b6#p270 ) and even explain your opinion to help us determine what to do :).

Actually I am having trouble registering to the website so I will leave here my suggestion for an event: how about playing the First Age fan made quest from the Tales from the Cards website?

Another question, I was thinking of perhaps bringing my whole player cards (and maybe some Print on Demand decks) collection, is something that could be useful in your experience?

9 minutes ago, Alonewolf87 said:

Actually I am having trouble registering to the website so I will leave here my suggestion for an event: how about playing the First Age fan made quest from the Tales from the Cards website?

I will post it for you. And it is actually a pretty good idea, an upgraded version of something I told about (playing a fan-made quest) :).

9 minutes ago, Alonewolf87 said:

Another question, I was thinking of perhaps bringing my whole player cards (and maybe some Print on Demand decks) collection, is something that could be useful in your experience?  

Quite hard to tell for now.
First I only do once the lure.
Second I get REALLY organized to prevent this from happen. Mean that I got my 35 decks, thinking by advance of what I can play in special events. So I even manage to lent some decks ^^.
Come later to ask it again with an approximate list of events you attend to. We can discuss your habits at this moment, and determine if it worth it ;).

By the way what do you mean by Print on Demand decks?

22 minutes ago, Rouxxor said:

By the way what do you mean by Print on Demand decks?

Adventures like The Stone of Erech, Massing at Osgiliath, The Ruins of Belegost and so on. I thought it could be useful having more of those around for playing, both during the events and in the private time.

23 minutes ago, Rouxxor said:

Second I get REALLY organized to prevent this from happen. Mean that I got my 35 decks, thinking by advance of what I can play in special events. So I even manage to lent some decks ^^.
Come later to ask it again with an approximate list of events you attend to. We can discuss your habits at this moment, and determine if it worth it ;).

I think I may still end up bringing everything with me, cause I would like to perhaps improvise a bit of deckbuilding on the spot to go outside the box and play more thematically and/or freely than usual, but sure I am interested in discussing the topic later on.

Ok. So they are print on Demand scenario, not decks ^^. I know them well :).

You are not the only one who bring it entire card pool ;). If I success at convincing to organize the draft I will be looking to a card pool in english (mine is french, quite difficult for many players to play with it ^^) so, especially if you are willing to participate in this event to, I may ask if I can borrow your :).

I also have a card pool ranging up to Crossing of Poros and Assault on Dol Guldur, without Nightmare quests. All my player cards are in German and only some scenarios (I think Prancing Pony, Belegost, Dol Guldur and Annúminas) are in English. I could probably play with French player cards, not so sure about French encounter cards though. My sister on the other hand needs German cards.

But I have no idea which events I and my sister will attend to.

2 hours ago, Rouxxor said:

You are not the only one who bring it entire card pool ;). If I success at convincing to organize the draft I will be looking to a card pool in english (mine is french, quite difficult for many players to play with it ^^) so, especially if you are willing to participate in this event to, I may ask if I can borrow your :).

Well if you need some encounter decks I have basically everything except all the Nightmares, Attack on Dol Guldur and The Wizard's Quest (I even have one set of The Woodland Realm). Let me know if something will be needed.

In case it should be needed I am also up for playing with french cards, I am bilingual Italian/French (even though I haven't spoken in French in a few years so I am a bit rusty, but for reading I should not have any problem).

I just read on Facebook that Caleb Grace will be in attendance!

How exactly is the draft working? I know drafting from Terraforming Mars or Seven Wonders, but that does not seem applicable to Lord of the Rings.

1 hour ago, Amicus Draconis said:

How exactly is the draft working? I know drafting from Terraforming Mars or Seven Wonders, but that does not seem applicable to Lord of the Rings.

It think they draft to build their deck before they play a quest.

7 hours ago, Wandalf the Gizzard said:

It think they draft to build their deck before they play a quest.

Well, I have to see it, before I can make an opinion of this.

I think, I understood most of the rules. When there are 8 players in the draft, will this be epic multiplayer, or 2 groups of 4 players playing the same quest, or smaller groups with different quests. Will the games be somehow competitive?

This is cooperative environment. We try to get achievements. Those achievement are personal (some conditions in your build) or collective (win a quest) or both of them. And we validate achievements for the group. So there is an incentive to create a good deck for ourself, because we want to perform well enough, and to check some achievements. But the game stay cooperative.

We will play on sub groups. I haven't decid how precisely yet, and it could even vary depending on the time remaining after the draft (I may know that better if I succeed at doing another draft before the lure). Participating in the second session on the evening/night allow us to vary your experience by playing at 4 and 2 players.

A somehow official and definitive planning is available here: https://lureofmiddleearth.com/program-lord-of-the-rings-lcg/

You will also found a form to register to the events. Please subscribe to those you want to play to be sure we have enough place for you ;).

28 minutes ago, Rouxxor said:

A somehow official and definitive planning is available here: https://lureofmiddleearth.com/program-lord-of-the-rings-lcg/

You will also found a form to register to the events. Please subscribe to those you want to play to be sure we have enough place for you ;).

Thanks for the heads up

Sorry, haven't been to the forum for a while. I am the organizer of the event.

If you still have any questions about the event, feel free to ask them below, and I will try answer everything that is still unclear!

Sorry for the delay!