Reanimate upgrade tarpit

By Darth Matthew, in Runewars Tactics

Building off the idea of a unit of 2 reanimates with a Tactical Drummer, can you build effectively taking upgrade, not for the abilities they bring, but for the damage they absorb.

In an Ardus list,

You can build a 52 point reanimate unit that can take 40 damage (before armoring up).

Tactical Drummer, Raven Standard Bearer, Fallen Hero, Front Line Carrion Lancer, lingering dead. 1.3 points per damage, which is actually pretty good.

Any thoughts on a tarpit force?

My problem with loading up on figures that are hard to kill is that your opponent will kill the rest of the unit, and you're left with a really durable 2x1, which isn't all that great. If all those figures, Raven Standard Bearer is the only one I'd consider sniping out early.

I think for a tarpit Blighted Vexillum Bearer is really helpful, especially if you're going with Tactical Drummer and Support Carrion Lancer: shift out of combat, skill to blight, then they collide with you next round for a second blight. Add Lingering Dead to this 9-tray and you have a 64 point unit: almost a third of you're army. The problem is that the shift is pretty late, so I'm not that comfortable with this strategy. Also, your opponent probably won't willingly engage, opting to attack other threats instead.

I'll tuner and see if I can come up with something.

I think for ability to take hits, the 2 tray with the 4/1 standard and the 4/1 musician is the best value. For damage, its morale based. You're rolling 2 red and adding a panic. Its a 21 point unit that takes 14 damage to 1 shot, which means you might get to regen a few points.

Could make a useful screen. Gonna have to try it.