Intrigue Initiative

By Hida Jitenno, in Rules Questions

Okay, so I feel a little lost on this, and assume I'm missing something.

Intrigues do not use a set initiative order; it's generally based on the Status of participants. Got that.

What if someone fails the TN1 Sentiment roll? I had a player roll 1 white, 3 black, and all came up either blank or opportunity. What do you get for succeeding that he shouldn't get because he didn't?

Another player on that same Intrigue had the same dice pool, got 3 successes and an opportunity, keeping all (exploding success -> opp). What should she get for the two bonus successes? Did I miss it somewhere?

If two characters want to act simultaneously during an Intrigue then the guy with the highest Initiative can decide to go first. This can be quite important if there are more than two sides in the Intrigue.

Winning the Initiative check gives you +1 Initiative, so if you fail, no Initiative for you.

Winning the Initiative check gives you +1 Initiative, so if you fail, no Initiative for you.

6 minutes ago, AtoMaki said:

hm?

with 0 success you still have your focus as initiative. i'm guessing. i mean, maybe not!

but whats the difference between intrigue and skirmish ini ? if you fail an ini check in skirmish you still get an ini (do you lol?)

I mean, if you fail then no +1 Initiative ;) .