Quest bug

By rugal, in Descent Quest Vault Open Beta

I created a quest, and i've got a strange but

I have changed it many times, but when I download of preview it, the last version is shown.
But when I want to edit it, the first version is avalaible.

Since I need to balance it many times, that a really big hard work

Another bug : on another quest, I edit the text and the server says me "no content on the encounter, please edit your quest"

there IS indeed contents

Edited by rugal

As to your first error, look closely when you save. Does it give a "saved successfully" notification? I'll bet it doesn't. If you check developer tools you'll see an error.

This is an error I have with just about every quest older than a few months. The only solution is to recreate from scratch as a new quest. It's a server error I don't see them fixing (and they never added a "delete" option).

I have taken to saving my quest text and edits in files separate from the vault so I can more easily get back to my current version.

Edited by Zaltyre

There is a weird thing with saves- sometimes things go awol. I've found you can get the right one back by avoiding saving the wrong one when you get one that's gone wrong and using the refresh/ history/ back function of your web browser, when it's lost the right version I've eventually managed to get it back by a bit of trial and error this way. Seems to be some weird thing with the version in your browser's web cache, the version you're actually looking at and the saved one falling out of sync - it can therefore seem like it has gone back to an older version or lost something when it hasn't. But just in case I try and screenshot everything and download it every so often to keep reference variants just in case I ever do need to restore anything.

Reassuringly though thus far I've never lost anything, I've always managed to get it back to the latest correct version. Often by doing all sorts of alchemical things like not saving it while I find the correct version in case it does then lose the correct version, searching for the correct version in new browser tabs just so leaving the page doesn't mess things up.

It seems to get lost in the web browser rather than the save version, so if you're careful you can find it again if this happens.

If you don't find the correct version and then come back to it in the future it may not be possible to get it back.

Can't offer any better advice than that as getting my lost things back has just been through that kind of trial and error in the web browser!

You could of course set the quest up outside of the vault and just use the vault for generating maps.

It's not a problem with the browser, it's on the ANA server side. If you pull up the developer tools, you'll see the error. When ANA updated the website a few months back, they never updated the vault and the two don't communicate properly anymore. Publishing works fine, but the security check fails for saves on older quests. I'm going on two years with no response from Vault support, so I think this is a problem we just have to work around.

17 hours ago, Zaltyre said:

It's not a problem with the browser, it's on the ANA server side. If you pull up the developer tools, you'll see the error. When ANA updated the website a few months back, they never updated the vault and the two don't communicate properly anymore. Publishing works fine, but the security check fails for saves on older quests. I'm going on two years with no response from Vault support, so I think this is a problem we just have to work around.

I've not had the problem yet but haven't loaded up any old quests recently, I have found I sometimes have to log in to Asmodee even though I'm logged in to FFG to use the vault - have noticed they're out of sync, the vault hasn't updated to my new user name which FFG forum has.

If it's a new problem seems we may hit times we have to recreate and resave quests, like I say perhaps it's time to just use the vault for mapmaking and backup with a separate file for the quest documentation- so frustrating they abandoned the vault, think it is partly why players did the same- it's not so much use with tiles and other bits missing!

Thought: is there a contact at ANA who could maybe be asked to look into this, if vault support is no longer being checked maybe there's a contact for other ANA web problems, the vault's so forgotten maybe they don't even know! :)

Edited by Watercolour Dragon

I'm having this issue too. When I go to edit my quest, it reverts to some super early auto save I have. Essentially, I need to remake 60% of my quest just to fix 1 typo. 😡

On 8/12/2019 at 11:29 PM, Jubez187 said:

I'm having this issue too. When I go to edit my quest, it reverts to some super early auto save I have. Essentially, I need to remake 60% of my quest just to fix 1 typo. 😡

Super, super frustrating. It would require a little code updating on ANA's side (which should be straightforward given they've definitely corrected this issue for other online tools like X-Wing).