The Scion of Genesys?

By Jareddw, in Your Settings

Hey everyone, feel free to chime in. I'm converting a game (that I love) called Scion into the Genesys rules. I love the rules for Genesys, but I don't think it handles the "way more powerful than humans" game very well. Scion is a game where you are children of gods and you get to have Superhuman Strength, Agility, Beauty, etc. As a rule question, would there be anything wrong with having a Brawn 6? or 7? Besides the obvious answer that I'd need to get more dice. Do you think they should have a maximum of 5, and just add bonus dice after that?

What about for foes like Frost Giants? Do you think they could have a larger Brawn?

5 is the magic nummer because math or statistics in this case. It gets funky when you add 6 or 7 dice.

Look in the corerule book in the back about superpowers or design them like talents maybe take a peak at the magic Rules for some effects of supernatural abilities.

For frost giants look ad the giant in terrinoth they still only have brawn 5 represent their super strengt in tings like knockdown or sweep attack let them hit with a meele weapon in sort range and bump up the base damage of the club or whatever they are using

Scores above 5 should be reserved for NPCs, because they tie into success-rate more tightly than potency. The "Giant" in RoT has a 6 Brawn, and special natural attacks to represent its size.

One easy way to make a character feel mythic is to raise their statistics to the planetary scale (meaning their 4 damage 'punch' deals about 40 damage to a regular person. This allows for superheros who can crush tanks with their bare hands, and survive massive explosions. Things which would be 'planetary scaled' compared to them would use the 'interplanetary scale' instead (interplanetary equal to the personal scale × 100)

Personally I would take some note from the unofficial superpowers supplement and have such capabilities be written as special abilities (like a talent bush).

Strength is the easiest example, as Genesys has lots of statistics based on Brawn. Super Strength might multiply your Brawn's contribution to melee weapon damage, encumbrance, and soak. Which would make you notably 'stronger' in play, without also increasing the accuracy of your punches (or modifying the dice pool at all actually).

Check out how IndianaWalsh did it in his Superpowers setting. He kept the characteristic maximum at 5 but then gave talents that allowed for the enhanced STR, DEX, etc.