"The Lothal Spire", aka more questions about mobile figures on blocking terrain

By ManateeX, in Imperial Assault Rules Questions

31 minutes ago, Fightwookies said:

looking at that ruling on the spire, is it possible for Ahsoka to be placed in the spot where she is in the ruling?

No, which is why I said "Ahsoka represents". Having Sabine there would not be a good example of a melee attack, so I'll rather take Ahsoka moving through the space with Force Jump .

I'm almost sure that we don't have any figure - other than Nexu - with a (non-reach) melee attack that could perform an attack targeting the center of the spire.

Edited by a1bert

Assuming makes an ***..

By RAW the corner spaces of the spire seem to actually be normal spaces with two impassable terrain edges (the space is not fully encompassed by a single border and/or walls), so Ahsoka can well Force Leap and end movement there, and other force users can use Force Jump and trap themselves...

(Edit: And not only by rules as written. I talked with Todd, and they are indeed just impassable edges.)

Edited by a1bert

Wow... that "official rulings" thread contains some significant (if, usually, obscure) changes, particularly to LOS. It would be really, really, really useful for the FAQ and tournament documents to mention the existence of a thread that supposedly has equal authority with said FAQ. I'd never even seen it before...

Edited by Bitterman

The future FAQs are indeed expected to include new rules and rulings when appropriate (which the rules addition to blocking terrain is).