Just got my copy!

By Berethrof, in Heroes of Terrinoth

Gotta admit it’s the game with the fewest tokens I’ve ever had from FFG ;)

Read the rulebook, seems simple enough to understand and quick setup. Not sure how it equates to the Warhammer Quest one but it looks like a lot of fun, fast paced.

Cant wait to get this on my table and play it, but wish I had gotten the mat (still pending shipping from FFG pre-order) to go along with it.

Just from the little bit I’ve seen, it’ll be one of those games played as a break from the more complex ones (like the Arkham Horror ones). But I like that.

Oooh! I can't wait! So excited to see people finally getting their hands on it. I guess it'll be a while before I get my order since I ordered it from MM with the mat.

Since they haven’t posted the Rulebook yet, can we get a card and token count for those of us who haven’t gotten ours yet?

3 hours ago, JasonMFlow said:

Since they haven’t posted the Rulebook yet, can we get a card and token count for those of us who haven’t gotten ours yet?

Here ya go:

- 8 Quest Sheets

- 6 Dice (3 hero, 3 enemy)

- 1 Party Leader token

- 1 Peril token

- 23 Success tokens

- 14 Progress tokens

- 40 Wound tokens

- 12 Hero cards

- 48 Activation cards

- 65 Enemy cards

- 26 Location cards

- 4 Reference cards

- 12 Condition cards

- 37 Exploration cards

- 5 Hero Count cards

3 hours ago, Berethrof said:

Here ya go:

- 8 Quest Sheets

- 6 Dice (3 hero, 3 enemy)

- 1 Party Leader token

- 1 Peril token

- 23 Success tokens

- 14 Progress tokens

- 40 Wound tokens

- 12 Hero cards

- 48 Activation cards

- 65 Enemy cards

- 26 Location cards

- 4 Reference cards

- 12 Condition cards

- 37 Exploration cards

- 5 Hero Count cards

How are the activation cards distributed from the perspective of the heroes (basic and upgraded)? I'm wondering if it is possible to play a game with 3 healers for example :)

25 minutes ago, Jurcccy said:

How are the activation cards distributed from the perspective of the heroes (basic and upgraded)? I'm wondering if it is possible to play a game with 3 healers for example :)

This is one of the more disappointing (relatively speaking) things to me, because I was hoping for more classes and variety for upgrades. But the way the system works, I get it.

You only get one set of four basic cards per archetype, and then each archetype has two classes, which have their own upgrades for each of the four basic cards (so a total of 12 cards per archetype). So unfortunately you can’t have 4 healers unless you buy 4 copies of the game but if you are so inclined, the rules don’t stop ya ;)

5 hours ago, Jurcccy said:

3 hero cards per archtype
1 set of basic activation cards per archtype
2 sets of upgraded activation cards per archtype

3 healers and nothing else would have troubles keeping the enemy count down, and might have issues exploring faster than the built in timer on most scenarios.

@Berethrof and @Xelto thank you for your answers.

I didn't mean to play in a 1 hero archetype, just wondering if it would be possible :)

Is the game worse/better/same than WH one? (if you played it)

I didn't play the original, but based on the differences that have been mentioned, it's an improvement to me.

**** you....**** you all!!!

Enjoy!!

Edit...that read dam_n (looks worse than it was with the swear filter or whatever it is kicking in haha)

Edited by VAYASAN
2 minutes ago, VAYASAN said:

**** you....**** you all!!!

Enjoy!!

Edit...that read dam_n (looks worse than it was with the swear filter or whatever it is kicking in haha)

That's hilarious! Definitely sounded more intense than I'm sure you meant it ;) Hey, at least the game AND mat are both available now, according to FFG! Still haven't posted the rulebook.

And I've already noticed typos in both the rulebook and a couple of cards.

18 hours ago, Budgernaut said:

Oooh! I can't wait! So excited to see people finally getting their hands on it. I guess it'll be a while before I get my order since I ordered it from MM with the mat.

I did as well. Both the game and mat are listed as "new arrivals". My order has moved from waiting to the virtual order queue. I don't know what that is exactly but I'm hoping it's good. :D

My local store (in Canada) should get it next week around the 15th when KeyForge gets out.

During that time, i'll just try not to be too jealous of you guys =P

I really want it (many of you will have guessed- seeing as I have a bit of an addiction I mean passion for all things Terrinoth :) ) but don't mind waiting a bit for the UK release as my wallet's taking quite a hit from games this year.

8 quests, 12 heroes and 65 enemies sounds like quite a good count for plenty of variety especially with the added variables of the other cards and choices.

Plus I get Runebound and Runewars minis (holiday sale yay) so I'll have those to play with. Even that's after real life intrudes for a bit first (work - festive period AKA eeeek and also stuff to do at home so I may have to admire their loveliness for a bit before I can play them sadly. Grr, life!) Can FFG employ me as a full time gamer hehe (we all wish)!

Edited by Watercolour Dragon
1 hour ago, Watercolour Dragon said:

I really want it (many of you will have guessed- seeing as I have a bit of an addiction I mean passion for all things Terrinoth :) ) but don't mind waiting a bit for the UK release as my wallet's taking quite a hit from games this year.

8 quests, 12 heroes and 65 enemies sounds like quite a good count for plenty of variety especially with the added variables of the other cards and choices.

Plus I get Runebound and Runewars minis (holiday sale yay) so I'll have those to play with. Even that's after real life intrudes for a bit first (work - festive period AKA eeeek and also stuff to do at home so I may have to admire their loveliness for a bit before I can play them sadly. Grr, life!) Can FFG employ me as a full time gamer hehe (we all wish)!

Ive still not heard anything re UK release. My Online shop where I ordered still shows as release date 'Delayed'.