Robes Card and Monster movement ?

By soulman, in Arkham Horror

Morning all i love my first game solo the other day, i had the robes card, which means unless you pick on a monster, they cannot engage you... SP my question is do they follow me still if i`m there target and until something changes ? i had 3 monsters following me did i do that right, or leave them in the space and just walk away, i feel following with the right one ?

Thanks All

4 hours ago, soulman said:

Morning all i love my first game solo the other day, i had the robes card, which means unless you pick on a monster, they cannot engage you... SP my question is do they follow me still if i`m there target and until something changes ? i had 3 monsters following me did i do that right, or leave them in the space and just walk away, i feel following with the right one ?

Thanks All

If you can post the actual text of the robes card, then we can make a judgement. I know what card you're talking about. I'm thinking they don't. I think they'll just stay put if they have nothing to hunt.

I've only seen that card in 2+ player games, so the weaker character adds it and then all of the monsters chase the other guy (who has a big gun and thinks it hilarious). It targets the other character because he'll be the only one who fits the hunter text (lowest Will or what-have).

I sounds like you were using Tattered Cloak, which reads, “non-epic monsters ignore you while activating and do not engage you unless you attack or damage them.”

The key word here is activating. Monster movement is part of activating (ref 202.2), so, no, monsters will not chase your investigator around the board if he/she is wearing the Tattered Cloak. They will ignore that investigator compelety. If there are no other investigators in the game, hunter monsters will simply sit and do nothing, unless you poke them.

Thanks indeed for that... Robes...!!!! i mean cloak..giggles,i did win the game and look forward to the growth of this system