Children of the Empire Web fiction?

By Maffster, in L5R LCG: Lore Discussion

You'll find these questions—and more—addressed in the new Legend of the Five Rings story, "Imperial Gifts" (pdf, 1.3 MB), which is set before the Children of the Empire web fiction and the events of "Tiger Stalks Its Prey."

In the recent "imperial gifts" fiction news article

It states that this fiction is set before the children of the Empire Web fiction.

Does anybody know where that is?

Children of the Empire is currently unpublished.

Yes, I would imagine that the web fiction would be put out at the same time that the set is released. Why they mentioned there would be one 2+ months in advance, I am not sure.

5 minutes ago, TheHobgoblyn said:

Yes, I would imagine that the web fiction would be put out at the same time that the set is released. Why they mentioned there would be one 2+ months in advance, I am not sure.

To help us identify the timeline?

I noticed the same thing, and DG Laderoute answer it here.

23 hours ago, Tonbo Karasu said:

To help us identify the timeline?

Why is it necessary to say that a fiction being released now happens before a fiction that isn't released yet?

Isn't it generally accepted that a story that is released first happens before a story that is released later, and only when it is an exception to that rule a clarification is needed?

Because it is released now, when the Children of the Empire fiction is released (and it seems like that won't be until January or February) this story will be placed in the archive perhaps a number of stories (if stories will keep coming out on what seems to be a roughly bi-weekly schedule) earlier than the unreleased story.

I wouldn't count on biweekly stories for a bit, we're past all the product releases and Halloween fiction. only thing I can see them releasing at this point is quick snippets for the family choices made at worlds, if that.

3 minutes ago, Kaito Kikaze said:

I wouldn't count on biweekly stories for a bit, we're past all the product releases and Halloween fiction. only thing I can see them releasing at this point is quick snippets for the family choices made at worlds, if that.

They made a news article yesterday called Tales from the Winter Court , and I really thought it was gonna be all the short fictions for worlds, before realizing it’s impossible they had put them together in such a short time.

That being said, I’m optimistic that the fictions will be the usual 6-9 pages we’re used to, and will be released two-weekly, effectively filling the gap until Children of the Empire fictions.

52 minutes ago, Tabris2k said:

They made a news article yesterday called Tales from the Winter Court , and I really thought it was gonna be all the short fictions for worlds, before realizing it’s impossible they had put them together in such a short time.

That being said, I’m optimistic that the fictions will be the usual 6-9 pages we’re used to, and will be released two-weekly, effectively filling the gap until Children of the Empire fictions.

Two a week may be a little ambitious. I would honestly expect we'll see a fiction in the next few weeks to recap the winter court results and it will include hints of the selections the clans made but be more like the threats that exist and how the clans are going to need to address them, and than the follow ups will play out over the next cycle and the Kotei season

I'm pretty sure he meant fortnightly rather than every 3 or 4 days.

7 minutes ago, Tonbo Karasu said:

Americans should use fortnight more often. 'Biweekly' is just too ambiguous.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/biweekly

Frankly I seriously doubt we'll have any substantial fiction from the Worlds results in the near future. You need lead time to write stories based on the choices, edit, etc. At most we might get something with the champion basically saying "hey X, go do Y" and that's it. Seeing as Crane needs to also resolve getting Kaezin back in Crane lands (since they just released Imperial Gifts making a point of noting Asami is still in Lion custody), I doubt they'll wasn't to just throw out a "oh hey Kaezin you're back with no explanation, go do this thing."

1 hour ago, Tonbo Karasu said:

One every two weeks. Sorry, I mixed bi-weekly with two-weekly.