[Ruling] All and Nothing

By Bayushi Shunsuke, in L5R LCG: Rules Discussion

If I am attacking the void ring and win, I have the opportunity to play All and Nothing to draw a card and choose another ring to resolve instead. Could I play multiple copies of All and Nothing as an interrupt to the same interrupt window (would resolve the void ring) in order to draw 3 cards and have whichever ring I chose last apply (as per the Replacement Effects rule) or is this prevented by the Would rule, counting as invalidating the triggering condition? More generally, when does the invalidating the triggering condition rule under "Would" apply?

Edited by Bayushi Shunsuke
Just now, Bayushi Shunsuke said:

If I am attacking the void ring and win, I have the opportunity to play All and Nothing to draw a card and choose another ring to resolve instead. Could I play multiple copies of All and Nothing as an interrupt to the same interrupt window (would resolve the void ring) in order to draw 3 cards and have whichever ring I chose last apply (as per the Replacement Effects rule) or is this prevented by the Would rule, counting as invalidating the triggering condition? More generally, when does the invalidating the triggering condition rule under "Would" apply?

The sequence would work like this:

-You’re about to resolve the Void ring, which is the triggering condition for All and Nothing. You play All and Nothing, choosing another ring (let’s say fire).
-All and Nothing resolves. You’re now about to resolve the Fire ring.
-As you’re no longer about to resolve the Void ring, another copy of All and Nothing cannot be played.
-You resolve the Fire ring. Draw 1 card.

Does this make sense? Because the replacement effect alters what “would” happen, the original triggering condition is no longer imminent.

[Tyler Parrott, 15 October 2018]

When kaede win and you have seeker of knowledge and it's a fire ring, what can you choose with all and nothing. and could you choose air element and trigger two air effects?

Just now, Bayushi Shunsuke said:

When kaede win and you have seeker of knowledge and it's a fire ring, what can you choose with all and nothing. and could you choose air element and trigger two air effects?

Yes, that would be correct.

You would attack Fire Ring, with Kaede (Void) and Seeker of Knowledge (Air).
When you win, you get to resolve all three (Air, Fire, Void).
When you resolve Void, you could play All and Nothing to choose a different (aka non-Fire) ring and resolve that instead.
Choosing the Air ring, you would thus resolve (Air, Fire, Air).

[Tyler Parrott, Jan 2 2019]