Common errors making game too easy?

By JohnGarrison1870, in Elder Sign

I have the core set and Unseen Forces expansion, and am loving it! B ut I'm a bit concerned about my high win rate.

I see from the stats in this forum that the win rate seems to be about 73%, but in the 20 games I've played so far I've only lost twice. I'm starting to think I'm overlooking something. I've only played "true solo" thus far, with only a single investigator. I suppose that slows down the Mythos deck and Midnight events, but it also slows down what I can accomplish per day with just a single investigator, so I'm not sure how much of a difference that might be making.

So I'm wondering, what are some of the most common errors people make in playing that makes it too easy? I've gone over the rulebook again and don't seem to be missing anything. Maybe I've just been really lucky so far...or am just awesome at risk assessment. :)

Edited by JohnGarrison1870

John,

I think I've lost only once in my life with UF, and that tracks back to the day I wasn't a particularly brilliant player. UF makes the game easier once you start working solidly on Blessings. So, nothing to be worried, I'd say.

Time to step up your game and try out Gates ;)

Well, after another 5 games and having won all 5 of them without the doom track even getting half full in any game, I'm starting to feel a bit disappointed with Unseen Forces. Although the variety of locations seems like it'd be nice, if I'm not going to be getting much of a challenge by staying within the museum those seem like rather a waste. :/ And although the blessed/curse mechanic seems somewhat interesting, I'm not quite sure how much it enriches the game.

Oh well. At least I'll still have the extra small cards, investigators, and elder gods to spice the game up as I continue with other expansions.

Museum mode is mostly good for a sort of party game co-op experience.

Challenging solitaire play requires one of the later expansions.