"Bounty Hunter Cell"

By Mandalore of the Rings, in Imperial Assault Skirmish

Kind of a dumb name but what I was getting at is a Mercenary squad to rival Spectre cell. The idea is a Boba Fett fix would come in a Zuckuss and 4LOM pack and along with it a card similar to SC that would allow a 40 point squad of Dengar, Bossk, IG-88 (that's 27 pts right there) and Fett and Zuckuss and 4LOM. With Fett at 13 the fix would have to make him cheaper and it would also mean that Zuckuss and 4LOM would have to be very cheap as well (like Chopper and Hera I guess). Maybe those two could be hybrid help figures like Hera as well. I think it would be so cool to have those 6 bounty hunters together in one team...

Also, if there was a similar Imperial Squad, who would it include? Thematically I'm not thinking of much... I suppose Rukh could team up with Thrawn and Govenor Price and Kallus? Other ideas?

the original 6 heros from the core set need a squad fix. Fenn, Gaarkhan, Diala, Jyn, Mak, Gideon

That would actually help make the skirmish game more accessible for new players

Edited by Fightwookies

Maybe "hunter cell" could have an ability that makes unique mercenary hunters cost 2 less (if you don't have other kinds of units). That way you could have a hunter army without making 4-LOM and Zuckuss very cheap figures.

Both great ideas. It would be nice to just get a pack with a bunch of updated fixes... I really like Cnemmick's fixes... hmm.

The problem (well, one problem) with the core set squad fix is that there wouldn't be a single other "Trooper" for Fenn to give another attack too... Those 6 add up to 35 pts... what about if you have all 6 you get a free Luke (HotR)... they might still be underpowered... hmm, now I'm gonna try those seven against SC. If that is a decent squad it would allow new players to jump in with just the core set! (that, and maybe expanding Fenn's ability to non troopers...)

12 hours ago, Mandelore of the Rings said:

Both great ideas. It would be nice to just get a pack with a bunch of updated fixes... I really like Cnemmick's fixes... hmm.

The problem (well, one problem) with the core set squad fix is that there wouldn't be a single other "Trooper" for Fenn to give another attack too... Those 6 add up to 35 pts... what about if you have all 6 you get a free Luke (HotR)... they might still be underpowered... hmm, now I'm gonna try those seven against SC. If that is a decent squad it would allow new players to jump in with just the core set! (that, and maybe expanding Fenn's ability to non troopers...)

The skirmish side of Core , Twin Shadows and Return to Hoth (and maybe Bespin) needs a redo if you want to use them. In a spectre cell band like this they're going to need some serious defensive upgrades for Diala and Gaarkhan (around 15 health) and Mak should be able to PROWL like the weequay. Fenn should have a make friendly figure attack instead of trooper only.

On 10/29/2018 at 7:33 AM, Mandelore of the Rings said:

Kind of a dumb name but what I was getting at is a Mercenary squad to rival Spectre cell. The idea is a Boba Fett fix would come in a Zuckuss and 4LOM pack and along with it a card similar to SC that would allow a 40 point squad of Dengar, Bossk, IG-88 (that's 27 pts right there) and Fett and Zuckuss and 4LOM. With Fett at 13 the fix would have to make him cheaper and it would also mean that Zuckuss and 4LOM would have to be very cheap as well (like Chopper and Hera I guess). Maybe those two could be hybrid help figures like Hera as well. I think it would be so cool to have those 6 bounty hunters together in one team...

Also, if there was a similar Imperial Squad, who would it include? Thematically I'm not thinking of much... I suppose Rukh could team up with Thrawn and Govenor Price and Kallus? Other ideas?

The Bounty is High. I would love a group theme for unique bounty hunters. Boba needs a new card or fix. Zuckuss and 4Lom can be symbiotic but the rest of the figures should not support each other, they would be more out for the bounty themselves. You've got to be able to fit Boba, Bossk, IG, Zuckuss, 4 Lom, Dengar and I'd love room for another unique figure of 6pts or less, so you could fit Jabba, Onar, Vinto, Greedo, whoever in still. You've got to have some room for more flexibility and at least 6 activations. I think there should be more of a scale though. Wouldn't it be great if Bossk or Vinto got a boost. (free Prey on the Weak type of upgrade for Bossk and free Hidden or Prowl type of ability for Vinto) It would actually be cool to be able and squeeze Lando in a smuggler type of list since he did some Mercenary type work before the rebellion.

Imperial squads should be based on Unusable Unique commanders ; Kayn Somos and making Stormtroopers viable again.

Weiss and Sorin and making Imperial vehicles work.

Blaise and making ISB viable (this wouldn't take much, maybe a few command cards with spy and movement, ISB starting the game with Hidden and Blaise getting a health & Accuracy boost)

My friend and I were just talking about an idea like this over the weekend. We played where you were forced to include "unplayable" figures in your squad. My theory was that you could make them a little bit better with newer upgrades and command cards. We both felt that this was a total success except for one figure*

I also agree that a lot figures are just slightly overcosted. So a simple fix could be to make an upgrade that reduces the point cost without changing their features. This is why I like this Bounty Hunter idea.

* worst figure in the game is e-E-web Engineer (and I suspect the r-E-Web). There is no fixing this guy. Way too expensive and completely useless. We tried all of the heroes from the Core and they fared way better than this useless figure. He has terrible movement, can't shoot if he moves, little health, weak attacks (comparatively speaking).