Coordinated attack vs Margoth (dragon villain)

By Iory, in Runebound

Hello!

(Sorry for possible improper wording 'cause we got localized version of the game)

Coordinated attack allows to add token to party member's combat pool as a combat action, and it's pretty clear for usual combats. But how does it works vs Margoth since all heroes engaged in a fight? For instance: if I choose to give my token to support first player, will I be able to use it right after first player's round resolved?

Edited by Iory

I would love to know the answer to this question too. Played a co-op version of Margoth last night and (self ruling that it was allowed) it was incredibly powerful to be able to use Coordinated Attack party skill. It uses a combat action to get the token cast into your pool, so generally you end up acting late in the combat round, but it definitely helps with shields and/or triggering surge abilities if your own tokens have fallen badly.

I can't see any reason why everyone being in combat at the same time would impede on you using this skill. It is not restricted to being a once per combat skill, and all the hero's are in a party. It is an exceptionally strong skill and really makes me think that the Party Skills should not have been part of the skill deck, because your success greatly teeters on if you get Coordinated Attack or not.

I would say that your tokens return to you after the combat round. Each time you complete a round, everyone's tokens reset. Mind you, a "combat round" against Margath is NOT once every 3 people go (this is referred to as "set of combat rounds."). Just like in a normal 1v1 fight, you use Coordinated Attack, get the token, then the round ends and you give it back. So you would do the same after you reach the end of the AI track for your round with Margath.

Now, the better question, which this thread just made me realize...if you are playing a 3 or 4 player game, can you use Coordinated attack multiple times in 1 round, as long as the tokens are from different Heroes? Is the "once per combat round as a combat action" restricting the SKILL, or the HEROES? Personally, I don't think you'd be able to use it 2 or 3x to get a token from each party member. That just seems WAYYY too strong.