Entrancing Gaze

By Darth Matthew, in Runewars Tactics

Anyone play around with Entrancing Gaze on Lord Vorunthul?

Got him into terrain last night, and the ability became amazing.

We was just camping and flinging units all over the table; pushing enemies out of fights, pulling them into fights; flinging them into wraiths with a double fight dialed up...

It was kind of fun running a hero who did almost no damage (he never fought or charged) but was an amazing force multiplier.

When my opponent finally slipped through and got a charge, lord v survived, then swing at init 3 (green attack) and shifted out, stepping out on the flank of his attacker.

I've run it twice but never got any use out of it. So far I've always found that I'm better off getting engaged with something than forcing a shift. He's just so good at moving around the battlefield and wrecking things that it's never felt like using it would net me as much value.

I may revisit it later but my next couple games with him I'm spending the points on something else.

I am keen to try this out. The expansion pack only arrived here last week so I haven't put Vorunthul on the table yet but my initial impressions say that Fortunas Dice with Thirst of Bilehall is too good a combo to pass up. Maybe I should try Entrancing gaze in a list where I want to use f-dice on something else. Death knights with column tactics or something.