Star Wars Character D6 Sheets

By Raven-1214, in Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game 30th Anniversary Edition

I would like to see a print friendly versions of all of the star wars d6 character sheets in pdf style to where anyone can print them out at any time.

You can find a few on the D6Holocron Wiki .

On 10/25/2018 at 6:10 AM, Raven-1214 said:

I would like to see a print friendly versions of all of the star wars d6 character sheets in pdf style to where anyone can print them out at any time.

The problem is that Disney won't let PDF slide for the licensee (as a PDF is axiomatically a program), so there won't be official ones.

Why is PDF a program and not a document? Because it is based upon PostScript. And, while most think of PostScript as a printer language or a document type, Post Script is literally a turing-complete programming language. One can make a variety of useful programs in PS, and have the results spit out of your printer... PDF is a container format for PostScript, .jpeg, .tiff, javascript, several audio and video formats, PostScript fonts. TrueType and other outline fonts can be converted into postscript shapes and used as a font. It's really spiffy - but all the programatic features make a .ps file legally a program. And since PDFs wrap a .ps, PDF contains programs, and so violates Disney's exclusivity clauses to game designers.

On 11/13/2018 at 9:28 AM, AK_Aramis said:

The problem is that Disney won't let PDF slide for the licensee (as a PDF is axiomatically a program), so there won't be official ones.

Are you sure that's the reason?

Because that doesn't seem to be a problem for other Star Wars Games by FFG .

I'd say it's just that this is such a small game with no thoughts of longtime support nor further releases, so they just haven't bothered to make any. If someone where to contact FFG directly they might put up a character sheet taken from the book but otherwise this seems to be a game of little interest to them.

2 hours ago, Tramp Graphics said:

I've always got a kick out of the Quixotic Jedi template. ?

LOL. You may or may not know that the Quixotic Jedi and The Kid (and maybe another one or two) of the original templates from the classic 1E game were taken from the original Marvel Star Wars comic from the 1970's.

894536-don_wan_kihotay.jpg

His name was Don-Wan Kihotay ! Crazy old coot.

Oh, I know. And that character was based upon Don Quixote .

On 11/17/2018 at 11:09 PM, Crimson_red said:

I might be missing the point of the discussion, but FFG did make the Character Sheet, Templates, & Tables from the back of the book available online as PDF in August

lol yeah, people just didn't actually check the game product page, and us other here in the thread took their word on there existing no sheets... 😅

here is a fan made character sheet that I did up.

Character Template 00-0.pdf