[BLOG] Han completely flubs what could have been a decent run!

By Eruletho, in X-Wing Battle Reports

New week, new tournament! This time, I bring Scum Han and some extra YT-1300s to the fight and they... explode. Terribly. Read all about it!

In all seriousness, how were we afraid of the Freightful Four? These things are like walking damage magnets, they go down like tissue paper in a hurricane, and hit like slippery noodles.

I don't think anyone was actually scared of them were they?

5 hours ago, SOTL said:

I don't think anyone was actually scared of them were they?

Some people were... but they probably hadn't tested/played enough yet, and jumped to conclusions like a REAL X-Wing Player ™️

I think they overcompensated based on turret effectiveness in version 1. These days, it seems like all turrets are over costed. Take a look at what people play: all those top three ace faction's small aces minus your Boba Fett, and Tie Punishers. the new turrets, though they operate like they always should have, just aren't effective as their cost implies. No way Dash is worth 100 points unmodded. Same with Han. Once they all get like a 5-10 point reduct they will be played.

I tend to agree, with the possible exception of scum han. I feel like, in the hands of a better player, he can far more reliably get off those bigger attacks. The Jm5k is by far the most affected, and Asajj's ship was hit too, despite it not starting as a turret anyway.

I don’t think it’s a coincidence that the turret ship that’s most widely accepted as having the most promise is both one of the cheapest and has access to a reposition at initiative six.

On 11/10/2018 at 12:24 AM, Quadjumper King said:

I don’t think it’s a coincidence that the turret ship that’s most widely accepted as having the most promise is both one of the cheapest and has access to a reposition at initiative six.

Yep, that's no coincidence at all. Those traits (and the always-have-arc) were what made primary weapon turrets powerful in 1.0, so it stands to reason the same would carry over into 2.0. That said, I'm a little sad the Rebel Falcon is so expensive, makes it hard to use in lists, and it's THE iconic large-based ship.