Best 6’x3’ Play Mats?!

By BenBot, in Terrain Building

Hey All,

Im looking to get a 6’x3’ neoprene play mat with a “forest” or “grasslands” print.

Is Fat Mats the best place to go? Where else do people recommend? Is there any consensus on the best place to go?

Edited by BenBot

I think maybe you should go to Amazon and get, A 4 x 6 miniature game Matt. And add 6 inches to your deployment zone. So you have room for all of your cards and equipment. That’s just my opinion.

Edited by LordBubba

I really prefer the looked of flocked felt. Unless you are against that for some reason. Monday Knight Productions makes some in green.

After looking at a number of brands, I picked up the Grassy Plains 2 FAT Mat (6x3). It's fantastic. The price wasn't bad, either. Highly recommended.

That’s a great idea. ?

Deep Cut Studio mats are great and cut to almost perfect dimensions, unlike every other mat I bought.

FAT Mats makes some great stuff. I have their Ocean and Village ones for other games.

I got mine from Gamemat.eu. Great quality, double sided (I got grassy shield-land on one side, tundra on the other) and they ship worldwide. I got mine in 6x4 so I could use it for other games (you can always mark some space off) but they come in all sizes including 6x3. Highly recommend.

I have numerous mats, of the ones I have my least favourite is my FAT mat, the image feels less natural than the others. DeepCut is probably my favourite with gamematEU a very close second.

¨Just ordered Deep Cut's Swamp 6x3 mat, i think it's similar that Sorastro has on his terrain building videos and it looks sick. Have read pretty much only good things about them so have high hopes it's great!