Worlds and 'Modified win'

By Darksyde, in L5R LCG: Organized Play

As it was explained to me the cuts for worlds are based on points so much as win loss record. If that is the case is a 'modified win' form a game that goes to time still considered a win for advancement purposes?

A modified win gives 6 points, while a standard one gives 10. A normal loss is 1 point, while a modified one is 0.

On 10/15/2018 at 3:31 PM, Darksyde said:

As it was explained to me the cuts for worlds are based on points so much as win loss record. If that is the case is a 'modified win' form a game that goes to time still considered a win for advancement purposes?

Right now the cut to make Day 2 is only a 4-2 record on day 1. However when it comes time to make the cut to finals Strength of Schedule will play in and mod wins and loses will weaken that meaning you would be paired against tougher opponents.

I believe you need is somewhere between 36 & 41 (but is not either) points to advance after 6 rounds. 4 unmodified wins & 2 unmodified losses (10x4+2x1=42) gets you through. 6 modified wins (6x6=36) does not. The structure is built to have players amicably end the game at time. Might be 39 pts. 3 unmodifieds & 1 mod (plus 2 unmodified losses) gets you 38 points.

Edited by Duciris
3 minutes ago, Duciris said:

I believe you need is somewhere between 36 & 41 (but is not either) points to advance after 6 rounds. 4 unmodified wins & 2 unmodified losses (10x4+2x1=42) gets you through. 6 modified wins (6x6=36) does not. The structure is built to have players amicably end the game at time. Might be 39 pts. 3 unmodifieds & 1 mod (plus 2 unmodified losses) gets you 38 points.

They had it set like that for the Kotei's and other major events last year, but it looks like they dropped the points requirement for Worlds this year as it was not included in the breakdown to advance to day 2.