L5R Core Rulebook Typos and Corrections

By GM81 Protocol Droid, in Legend of the Five Rings: The Roleplaying Game

It was suggested we should do a centralized thread for any errors that we find.

This thread should be fore typos, grammatical errors, and omissions. Please include the page number and location of the issue.

Thanks for doing this GM81.

Pretty sure the Manifest Fire Kami (p. 324) shouldn't have 6 Earth and 2 Fire....

pg. 305 under Emerald Magistrate the Title ability is missing. I originally made a different thread for it.

Page 266, diagram 6-1 Range Bands in Squares... range band 6 is labeled as starting on grid 15, but is shown starting at the 16th grid.

Mantis Clan DLC: page 2: header has "Title of Chapter" which looks to be a template element left unfilled and undeleted.

Mantis Clan DLC: page 11: Drag Under: Water Opportunities uses "<OP>" instead of the Opportunity symbol in the paragraph.

Core Rulebook, p. 296, under "Varying Difficulty in Text":

TN 3 Fitness check (Earth 1, Fire 4) ... This means that the check has a TN of 3 if the character uses their Fire Ring...

Typo: explanation is wrong, it should obviously be TN 4 for Fire instead of 3.

Edit: as IJiminy points out, the invocations are all privileged access, so this probably isn't a typo. Retracted!

Core Rulebook p77 - Kaito Shrine Keeper [Monk] :

Currently reads:

Techniques Available: Kata, Rituals, Shuji

Based on the curriculum for Kaito Shrine Keeper, I believe this should read:

Techniques Available: Invocations, Kata, Rituals

It'd be hard to gain school ranks in it if you can't actually purchase invocations! ? The class starts with free kata, invocations, and rituals, for that matter.

Awesome game--loving what I'm reading so far, and can't wait to get going on it!

Edited by AltitudeMatters
Rule pointed out indicating that isn't a typo.

Mantis Clan DLC: p6, invocations: "Bo of Water" instead of "Bō of Water"

(Note that the corebook has the macron, the DLC doesn't.)

In the opening fiction, when Kachiko lists the names of all the Kami who created the great clans, she omits Shinjo, despite mentioning nine Kami.

Chapter 2, under «character sheets», p41, there is a typo on the word «easier», actually written «eaiser».

Core Rulebook, p. 74 - Asako Loremaster Starts with Civility Foremost, but it is also listed in the rank two advancement block

20 questions pdf, question 12 should be anxiety, not adversity?

Corebook, p 328, Table 8-1, subtable martial opportunities, fire, one-opportunity "Choose another character in the scene; increase the TN of the next check they made before the start of their next turn by 1 if it does not include you as a target." As worded, it's almost impossible, and without talents involved, is impossible, for this to have any effect outside of rolled resistances.

I believe it should read, ""Choose another character in the scene; increase the TN of the next check they made before the start of their your next turn by 1 if it does not include you as a target."

Edited by AK_Aramis

On my low res character sheet in the techniques, my opportunity symbol is missing, or has an X in a box when I print it out. Also, is it me, or do we need more weapon space. I was making a Crane yojimbo, he has a daisho set (2weapons), polearm, knife, arrows, and a tessen...

On page 6 it advises that a chart on page 23 will show you how to use regular D6s and D12s.

That chart appears on page 25, not 23.

In page 306, under Peasant Family Background's Skill Increase, " +1 to any two Labour skills of your choice." Probably its a typo of "+1 to any two Trade skills of your choice," as the Labour is a specific skill not a skill group as stated in page 167.

Inconsistency: Core Rulebook, page 14: Mentions there are Seven Great Fortunes; the following page (p. 15) lists the Eight Great Fortunes, and the two-page header spread (pp. 14-15) shows the Eight Great Fortunes.

Edited by Hida Jitenno

Pg 263 Assist is listed as having the following action types; "As an Attack, Intrigue, and Support action…" and should read, "As an Attack, Scheme, and Support action…"

P. 145, "Hierarchy of Skills" sidenote: "Artisan skills are viewed as they most vaunted in Rokugan." and should read "Artisan skills are viewed as the most vaunted in Rokugan."

Edited by Hida Jitenno
typo'd my typo >_<

on page 85(shinjo outrider school) you start with the "kata" lady shinjo's speed, this should be a shuji.

On 10/13/2018 at 1:01 AM, AltitudeMatters said:

Core Rulebook p77 - Kaito Shrine Keeper [Monk] :

Currently reads:

Based on the curriculum for Kaito Shrine Keeper, I believe this should read:

It'd be hard to gain school ranks in it if you can't actually purchase invocations! ? The class starts with free kata, invocations, and rituals, for that matter.

I believe that’s not a typo... All the invocations that appear in their curriculum are there due to privileged access. The Shrine Keepers are not true Shugenja so it’s in keeping with their fluff.

Edited by iJiminy

This might be more me not understanding, but I think it's a typo:

On page 95 in the section 19. What is your character's personal name? It states "In the Rokugani style, the character is typically addressed by their family name (chosen in Question 18)"

The family (and therefore family name?) is chosen in question 2. Question 18 deals with an ancestor's name.

I could be misunderstanding something here though.

Edited by Monkey Bloke

I think that the Kaiu has one too many starting techniques. Every school with 5 skills, except the Engineer, only gets 2 techniques. (This with 3 skills get 5 techniques, and 4 skills get 4 techniques, except the Togashi, 'cos they're special).

So, Pg 59, under starting techniques, ' (choose one) ' is missing after ' Shuji '