Mantis RPG Story

By ElSuave, in L5R LCG: Lore Discussion

Wait... did you really expected any other thing from those honorless pirates?

Paid by the Crane? Paid by the Scorpion dressed as the Crane?

3 minutes ago, Nheko said:

Well, I'm not saying that "impulsive" and "problem with authority" are the Mantis Clan traits, but...

It's fully believable to me that some Mantis captains consider themselves to be lord of their own fief, and disobey their nominal Champion.

"I didn't vote for him!"

Just now, Hida Jitenno said:

Well, I'm not saying that "impulsive" and "problem with authority" are the Mantis Clan traits, but...

It's fully believable to me that some Mantis captains consider themselves to be lord of their own fief, and disobey their nominal Champion.

"I didn't vote for him!"

If you leave no survivors nothing to report and its just another ship lost at sea, maybe next time the Crab will entrust our ships to transport their goods rather than risk their ships being lost

4 minutes ago, Schmoozies said:

If you leave no survivors nothing to report and its just another ship lost at sea, maybe next time the Crab will entrust our ships to transport their goods rather than risk their ships being lost

Well, you are the sons and daughters of a man who couldn't hack it in a real Clan, so I'm not sure why we should trust you with anything...

11 minutes ago, Hida Jitenno said:

Well, you are the sons and daughters of a man who couldn't hack it in a real Clan, so I'm not sure why we should trust you with anything...

Oh our founder could hack it, he succeeded at every task he undertook including forging his own legacy

1 hour ago, Nheko said:

Paid by a scorpion dressed as a Crane dressed as a Scorpion dressed as a Crane?

1 hour ago, Schmoozies said:

Oh our founder could hack it, he succeeded at every task he undertook including forging his own legacy

Then he should have gone back to the Lion if that was his definition of "hacking it." He sure couldn't make it as a Crab.

5 minutes ago, Hida Jitenno said:

Then he should have gone back to the Lion if that was his definition of "hacking it." He sure couldn't make it as a Crab.

Well someone needed to avenge dad when his younger brother couldn't do it.

Just now, Schmoozies said:

Well someone needed to avenge dad when his younger brother couldn't do it.

For which, I will always appreciate Kaimetsu-Uo, and any time his wayward children would like to be part of a Great Clan, I would welcome them back.

1 minute ago, Hida Jitenno said:

For which, I will always appreciate Kaimetsu-Uo, and any time his wayward children would like to be part of a Great Clan, I would welcome them back.

Nope we're good doing out own thing and not tied down and focused solely on one goal the way you guys are.

10 minutes ago, Schmoozies said:

Nope we're good doing out own thing being slackers and not tied down and focused solely on one goal defending the actual existence of the Empire from the literal soul-stealing legions of Jigoku the way you guys are.

Fixed. :P

23 minutes ago, Schmoozies said:

Nope we're good doing out own thing being slackers making sure you have the supplies you need and not tied down and focused solely on one goal defending the actual existence of the Empire from the literal soul-stealing legions of Jigoku and have an ability to multitask unlike the way you guys are.

11 minutes ago, Hida Jitenno said:

Fixed. :P

Corrected one slight oversight for you.

Edited by Schmoozies
5 hours ago, ElSuave said:

Holy crap we got hungry Mantis attacking a Crab trade ship even though they were given strict orders by Yoritomo to not lay a finger on the Crab. I guess this alliance won't be so easy.

youcheated-pirate.gif