Double agent- is the wall there or not?

By NagyLaci, in Imperial Assault Rules Questions

Spoiler. A heart of empire story mission we took a break in playing.

The mission says walls beetween two rubbles don't block movement for figures on one of those.

Can those figures shoot or for example, demolish trough the wall? And only to the rubbled space or to any space, as if the wall wasn't there at all?

As it is destroyed, it makes sense but then you could shoot trough it from 5 spaces away. Can you? because it technically blocks your movement as you are not on the rubble.

Edited by NagyLaci

Just for movement, not for Counting Spaces and line of sight for all abilities.

Edited by a1bert
5 hours ago, a1bert said:

Just for movement, not for Counting Spaces and line of sight for all abilities.

Thanks for the quick answer. It means that if a hero and lorn are on two different sides of a wall but connected by rubble lorn can be arrested, right?

You can't count spaces through. So yes, if there is no hero within 3 spaces.

Hi everyone,

on the issue of "walls between two rubbles" (which I will indicate with R1 and R2 in the attached file ) I ask confirmation of the application of the following rules:

1) MOVEMENT

1.A.) a miniature on a rubbled space adjacent to a wall (R1) can only move on the other rubbled space that has the wall in common (R2);

1.B.) a miniature on a rubbled space adjacent to a wall (R1) cannot move on any space adjacent to R2, therefore not even on the spaces placed diagonally by R1;

1.C.) a miniature can reach a rubbled space adjacent to a wall (R2) only starting from the rubbled space that has the wall in common (R1) and not diagonally;

1.D.) only rubbled spaces are considered adjacent to each other, while diagonal spaces are not considered adjacent;

1.E.) spaces cannot be counted between R1 and R2.

2) ATTACK AND LORN

2.A.) the miniatures placed on two different sides of a wall but connected by rubble do not have a line of sight between them, therefore they cannot perform attacks with guns, but they can perform melee attacks;

2.B.) if a hero and LORN are on R1 and R2, LORN can be arrested.

3) DOUBLE RUBBLE TOKEN

3.1.) You can put a rubble token where there is already one. In this way the ATDP can use its special ability (place 1 rubble token ... AND 1 rubble token on the other side of a wall that shares an edge with the first rubble token) to create a passage through the walls.

Thanks for your help.

doc1_compressed (1).pdf

1) The wall between rubbles do not exist for movement of a figure in either one, so as I see it (without checking with the original wording) diagonal movement through that non-wall is possible. (1b is valid)

2) The wall still blocks adjacency, because the wall is ignored just for movement. This means melee attacks are not possible. The spaces are not adjacent, so the figures are not adjacent.

3) I don't understand - you can't make a two-space hole on the wall by "cutting out" a corner.

2 hours ago, a1bert said:

1) The wall between rubbles do not exist for movement of a figure in either one, so as I see it (without checking with the original wording) diagonal movement through that non-wall is possible. (1b is valid)

Ok, but I think that diagonal movement is valid only if the moviment starts from a rubbled space. This is because the rule says: "Walls between 2 rubble tokens do not block movement for figures ON 1 of those rubble tokens".

2) The wall still blocks adjacency, because the wall is ignored just for movement. This means melee attacks are not possible. The spaces are not adjacent, so the figures are not adjacent.

So Lorn can not be arrested, right? In your precedent post I've understood that he can be, in that situation.

3) I don't understand - you can't make a two-space hole on the wall by "cutting out" a corner.

I would just like to understand if the ATDP can put a rubble token if there is already one on either side of the wall.

Thank you.

7 minutes ago, Yuna1979 said:

Ok, but I think that diagonal movement is valid only if the moviment starts from a rubbled space. This is because the rule says: "Walls between 2 rubble tokens do not block movement for figures ON 1 of those rubble tokens".

So Lorn can not be arrested, right? In your precedent post I've understood that he can be, in that situation.

I would just like to understand if the ATDP can put a rubble token if there is already one on either side of the wall.

The movement doesn't need start from a space with rubble, the figure has to enter the space with a rubble to ignore the wall (for its next moved space).

In the older post the wall prevented the hero from being within 3 spaces, so that the hero didn't prevent the imperial figure from interacting. For interact the imperial figure needs to be adjacent, which is blocked by the wall.

A rubble token can be placed in a place which already has rubble, but they effects do not stack (i.e. it's still a difficult terrain space and not "especially difficult").

Edited by a1bert

Ok, thanks very much.

You're great.