Terra Tiles?

By Varulfr, in Terrain Building

Not sure if anyone has used Terra Tiles ( https://rainnstudios.com/ ), but I got some on a whim.

They're pretty good terrain, but I find I'm having trouble with keeping them flush against each other because they slide around tables a lot. I've tried putting them down onto a mouse-pad like surface, as I have some starfield mats I use with Armada and x-wing, but they still slide around a bit.

Anyone have any solutions or thoughts? I mean, I suppose I could just glue them all down onto a surface, but I feel like that rather goes against the whole point of them being modular.

I have a bunch, but I haven’t actually used them.

Are you putting them on the top of the starfield, or flipping the mat over and placing them on the underide? I would think the neoprene would hold them a lot better than the printed coating.

Alternately, maybe a sheet of felt would provide enough grip?

Felt does a good job in my experience with styrofoam tiles.

On 10/12/2018 at 9:23 AM, TauntaunScout said:

Felt does a good job in my experience with styrofoam tiles.

I also used Felt for XWing miniatures. Felt is the best way to go. ?

I used a sort of transparent ”rubber paint” on spray can, it worked wonders on the bottom of my x-wing bases!

On 11/29/2018 at 2:54 PM, Attackmack said:

I used a sort of transparent ”rubber paint” on spray can, it worked wonders on the bottom of my x-wing bases!

Do you recall the name of the product? or maybe a pic of the can?

4 hours ago, Force Majeure said:

Do you recall the name of the product? or maybe a pic of the can?

This is a common Swedish hardware store that sells their "own" brand of products and this is one of them. Its gives a transparent rubber coating that can be rubbed/peeled off and is intended for protecting various surfaces.

36-64_xl_1.jpg