Any news?

By RendTheHeavens, in Android: Netrunner The Card Game

Has there been any indication from FFG that they will do anything LCG related with the Android universe? Or that they will even try to?

16 hours ago, Grimwalker said:

Right, thats for an Android RPG. I was wondering about a 2.0 LCG. Obviously it can't be too close to Netrunner, but they could do some sort of asynchronous lcg new new mechanics, but based in the same world with the same theme/story.

I'm mainly asking because I would love to keep going with collecting Netrunner, but if there is any possibility of a new Android LCG, I would rather wait for that.

Edited by RendTheHeavens

For some reason my eyes skipped right over the "LCG related." No, they haven't. I very much doubt there will be for at least a year, if ever. I mean, I'd be right there for any Android universe card game.

Supposedly nothing is in the works but it is popular enough to see something done eventually.

Thanks for the responses. I think my best bet it to just play online and hope for a new game to eventually come out. There is only a small group of players here and they are all moving on to other games like destiny. Even without the price gouging on the deluxe sets, completing a netrunner connection would end up being almost $1k.

I'm sure they will find ways to use the IP, it's developed after all but another LCG seems unlikely at best. I'd expect more standalone boards games or maybe one of their newfangled Unique games.

If the Android RP setting does good numbers, I suspect we'll see something else in terms of card games. Would people be annoyed if we ended up seeing something co-op based from it? From the runner-level of the world, the Corps make a fantastic monolithic entity to try and take on.

Personally, I would be fine with a co-op Android LCG. I do not know if competitive or co-op would draw less ire.

Well Asmodeena is dumping a bunch of game of thrones LCG stuff on their holiday sale along with the canceled Cthulhu and SW LCGs. I guess those game of thrones starter sets didn't do the trick. They of course can't sell netrunner stuff even if they had it. Also New Angeles is among the sell offs and a huge discount. Asmodeena seems to be pulling away from LCGs though they could chase the success of Arkham Horror. At this point I am not sure they would choose Android. I was hopeful they would do another Android LCG. Now, I don't see it happening. Eventually someone will notice these boards and take them down too.

So, will none of the sets already produced be reprinted? Is the game really going to be unavailable?

FFG does no longer have the license to sell Netrunner products. Will they get it back later? unlikely. This is gone for good. If you are still interested in this awesome game, second hand purchase will be the only option by now.