Mission: Sands of Seelos (ToL spoilers)

By angelman2, in Imperial Assault Campaign

This mission offers a great new way of experiencing Imperial Assault and I can't wait to try it out. I do have a question, however.

So, the Rebel/Imperial token AT-ATs are figures. They cannot be affected by card abilities.

Question: Are Hero Sheets cards? (And Hero sheet abilities therefore card abilities?). I would think not? And if not, can Gideon use his "Command" ability to give a friendly Rebel token AT-AT figure within 3 spaces, including the one he's on himself, a move? Could Shyla pull an Imperial token AT-AT within 3 spaces adjacent to the Rebel controlled AT-AT? (Note that the AT-AT tokens are not described as Large or Massive figures). Can Jyn "Quick Draw" to fire upon a hostile AT-AT as it activates? Can Ko-Tun use "Arms Distribution" to give the Red Rebel Mission Token AT-AT power tokens if within 3 spaces of the controlled AT-AT? Etc., etc.

Do all heroes (and villains for that matter) count as being on (and therefor adjacent to) the controlled AT-AT token? How does these two different-scale boards sync technically? (Personally, I would use common sense and rule against the most dumb things but I'm interested in hearing you rules laywers' educated rulings :D ).

Edit: Ok, I just realized that Shyla & Jyn couldn't draw Line of Sight so those example doesn't work, but what about Gideon & Ko-Tun?

Edited by angelman2

Command requires line of sight (with Air of Command) or within 3 spaces, Arms Distribution within 3 spaces.

I don't see any mission rule that would allow special way to draw line of sight or count spaces from one part of the map to the other, or any mechanism to move between the separate parts of the map.
edit: Also, controlling one does only what the event tells you. The hero is not considered to be in the controlled one(s). I would think they are remote-controlled through the terminals.

Edited by a1bert

Affirmative on Gideon. Ko-Tun does not require LoS, I think?

There are no specific rule, which I wonder how it all syncs with general IA rules.

As for heroes being on their AT-AT vs remote-controlling them, it is obvious that the heroes map is supposed to be an AT-AT, that the heroes are on this vehicle and fight to take control of the vehicle they are on. Or am I seeing things?

You can't count spaces through walls, so within 3 spaces isn't possible.

You are right about the theme, I didn't look at the event titles - flavor seems to matter to me more when playing in the app. ;)

But from rules point of view there is no connection between the "zoom-in" interior part of the map and the "world-view" exterior part of the map. The interior map isn't a figure, then tokens are.

Edited by a1bert

Right. Good point.

Could Gideon "Command" the hero AT-AT (once controlled?) he's on. You're adjacent to your own space and everyone are... thematically at least located on the hero AT-AT token space. [Let me just point out that I'm grasping at straws here out of pure rules curiosity

:)

On 10/5/2018 at 5:20 PM, angelman2 said:

Right. Good point.

Could Gideon "Command" the hero AT-AT (once controlled?) he's on. You're adjacent to your own space and everyone are... thematically at least located on the hero AT-AT token space. [Let me just point out that I'm grasping at straws here out of pure rules curiosity

:)

From a real world perspective, that makes sense. But RAW, I don't think it necessarily works. Space is pretty well defined in this game, and I'd have to see the rules to this mission again, but I'd be surprised if any distinct correlation was made between spaces across both maps, other than the fact that it's implied that the heroes are in fact inside one of the walkers- but from a rules perspective, I don't think that's specific enough.

I like the way you think though. ?

This mission is so cool, by the way. I'm planning on using my painted Rebellion AT-ATs when we play it.

Yes, I've only played Rebellion once -- and loved it immensely -- but haven't been able to afford it. Now, because of

Sands of Seelos , I might have to invest in it after all... *sigh* Imperial Assault is literally ruining me! ;) I do agree though that allowing Gideon to Command his AT-AT would be a bit crazy, heh heh