The Mandalorian

By Mandalore of the Rings, in Imperial Assault Skirmish

Maybe when they make (if they make) a "The Mandalorian" expansion box we'll get that Boba Fett fix. I'm excited for this. I like Favreau and the synopsis sounds good... just after OT may still fit in with the IA time period. I'm maybe more excited about this than Ep IX.

Mandalorian Trooper expansion pack?

Edited by Mandelore of the Rings

They could easily do some mandalorian trooper expansions now. They existed in the OT. Whatever character becomes the lead in the Favreau series will have presumably been alive during the OT as well.

Ha! maybe the long awaited Boba Fett fix will be a new figure (sorta like we have two Lukes). This could be the post-digested Fett who crawled his way out of the Sarlac pit. I presume he would lose mobile and the inherent block but maybe he learns something from the experience and although he is horribly disfigured he packs some surprisingly vengeful punch. :)

33 minutes ago, Mandelore of the Rings said:

Ha! maybe the long awaited Boba Fett fix will be a new figure (sorta like we have two Lukes). This could be the post-digested Fett who crawled his way out of the Sarlac pit. I presume he would lose mobile and the inherent block but maybe he learns something from the experience and although he is horribly disfigured he packs some surprisingly vengeful punch. :)

Funny we all talk about a fix for Boba, but it never crossed my mind to just bring in a new Boba Fett like Luke, that you mention. Hmm. That could be good.

We still need a viable Boba from the OT period. He needs a fix, and that fix needs a skill called Disintegrations, so that he can’t bring that skill to the Empire with temp alliance.

w9hf0e8wkfw01.jpg?s=513b8509ef0dba2dc6d6

They just released a pic of this mysterious "Mandalorian" character... and the list of directors for each episode is great! Stoked. This could be ripe for IA content.

Yeah, a "disintigrations" upgrade could be fun... What would that do? Give extra points for figures BF kills? (kind of like Jabba's VP thing). Take away CCs along with the figure who was killed? Take away VPs from the other player when their character is killed?

I love Iggy, but BF should be the boss for Merc players, not IG88.

23 hours ago, Fightwookies said:

They could easily do some mandalorian trooper expansions now. They existed in the OT. Whatever character becomes the lead in the Favreau series will have presumably been alive during the OT as well.

Unless they were all clones

Disintegrations:

Boba Fett gains SURGE: If the target figure loses at least one damage by this attack, it is removed from play.

3 hours ago, DerBaer said:

Disintegrations:

Boba Fett gains SURGE: If the target figure loses at least one damage by this attack, it is removed from play.

that could be an interesting mechanic. Remove the figure from play, but you don't score VPs (presumably because you don't have the body to turn over as proof of your kill)

57 minutes ago, Fightwookies said:

that could be an interesting mechanic. Remove the figure from play, but you don't score VPs (presumably because you don't have the body to turn over as proof of your kill)

But completely broken right?

I mean, imagine someone disintegrating someones Vader? Granted, they will have to get VP's elsewhere (not exactly an issue for Scum) to make up the difference lost, but you essentially insta-killed a figure by doing 1 damage to it. (Points or No, that's brutal)

Maybe a Command Card something like;

Disintegrations:

Boba Fett gains Surge: Reduce all Blocks to 0 for this attack.

You can still win if all your opponents' figures are defeated, even if you don't have 40 VP. That's where the insta-kill verson is hilariously broken.

But what if it was this:

DOUBLE SURGE Disintegration: Use only if the target figure has suffered DMG greater than half its Health (round down). The target is defeated. You gain no VPs and your opponent gains VPs equal to half its figure cost (round down).

Edited by cnemmick
2 minutes ago, cnemmick said:

You gain no VPs and your opponent gains VPs equal to half its figure cost (round down).

Now that I'm/we're more aware of 4-player game existing: in 4-player free-for-all you can choose which opponent, so you probably want to use "the figure's controller" or some such.

22 hours ago, DerBaer said:

Disintegrations:

No.

19 hours ago, Majushi said:

But completely broken right?

I mean, imagine someone disintegrating someones Vader? Granted, they will have to get VP's elsewhere (not exactly an issue for Scum) to make up the difference lost, but you essentially insta-killed a figure by doing 1 damage to it. (Points or No, that's brutal)

Maybe a Command Card something like;

Disintegrations:

Boba Fett gains Surge: Reduce all Blocks to 0 for this attack.

18 hours ago, cnemmick said:

You can still win if all your opponents' figures are defeated, even if you don't have 40 VP. That's where the insta-kill verson is hilariously broken.

But what if it was this:

DOUBLE SURGE Disintegration: Use only if the target figure has suffered DMG greater than half its Health (round down). The target is defeated. You gain no VPs and your opponent gains VPs equal to half its figure cost (round down).

You could restrict it a couple ways to get closer to a balanced ability. Maybe limit it to Non-unique and/or a figure cost of 4 or less?

Disappointing. After watching the new show, I was thinking you could really adapt some of this stuff to IA... if they were still making new stuff.

NO SPOILERS.

Great music. Loved the sets. The whole atmosphere was really different, yet still Star Wars-esque. Good action. Left me wanting more episodes to binge, but I'll have to wait.