GM and Player Resources

By TheWanderingJewels, in Legend of the Five Rings: The Roleplaying Game

4 hours ago, Suzume Chikahisa said:

The Hidden Shrine . Fan made maps and other stuff for L5R.

Yes! I forgot about that site! So glad it's still around!

Hidden Shrine is my website. It is basically based on my campaigns I run - so when I run a new L5R campaign I will add more to it. It will be a while because the group I play with are doing pathfinder at the moment (and there was a big break between me RPing too).

I have a new campaign in mind which will be set in Naishou Province, But I'll post any maps or other material here and on my site for people.

Also I may map Botsu Mura before then - not gonna lie. I like the concept of a swamp village. =P

On a side note - my Takauro maps were for an introductory adventure which was the Falcon's Hollow Pathfinder module, but heavily converted. Some third party adventures do work in L5R with a bit of.... work. =P

Edited by Kitsune Sachiko

@Kitsune Sachiko

I am really impressed by your maps. Could you share a tutorial or some tips how you've created them? 🙂

Linfamy . Youtube channel on Japanese History, Myths and Folklore. Not as in-depth as the History of Japan Podcast or the Samurai Archives, but more bite sized and animated.

@Kitsune Sachiko I have to second @klatschi0212 's comment - your maps are gorgeous!

Don't suppose I could tempt you for a foray into Crab territories? ;)

It all depends on my next campaign which won't be for a while yet and I haven't decided the details of. But I will post any I make!

On 5/6/2019 at 10:56 AM, Kitsune Sachiko said:

It all depends on my next campaign which won't be for a while yet and I haven't decided the details of. But I will post any I make!

Very interesting maps. What mapmaker do you use?

Shadows of Brimstone, Forbidden Fortress by Flying Frog Productions is a great dungeon crawler with some wonderful mini's if you're interested. Also, the Rising Sun board game has some great miniatures.

The Water Margin Podcast with a supplemental episode on Song dynasty currency and basic economy for those wanting to rework Rokugani economics.

More of a question than anything else but... I thought about making cards for techniques (like, fitting all techniques - shuji/kiho/kata/prayers...) into "Magic" cards so my players could have a "deck" for their characters. But maybe someone already did this kind of thing ?

Yeah, I'm kinda lazy :)

18 hours ago, eScoub said:

More of a question than anything else but... I thought about making cards for techniques (like, fitting all techniques - shuji/kiho/kata/prayers...) into "Magic" cards so my players could have a "deck" for their characters. But maybe someone already did this kind of thing ?

FFG has done 'technique cards' for the Star Wars RPG. L5R equivalents might be nice.

On 7/3/2019 at 11:40 AM, eScoub said:

This may fit your bill. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/z7i5b46x7rup4zy/AAA7Hysz5XE-rtt7hACFjiLna/5th ed/Player Aids?dl=0&subfolder_nav_tracking=1

I can't take credit for them, but we reference them for our campaign. One caveat: We've found at least one error that was left over from the beta and didn't get fixed when it went final (outdated reference to an "Assessment" during initiative where you have an option to remove 3 strife instead of assessing). So you may want to cross-check any cards you use against the rulebook at least once.

Rob Hobart's blog has a huge L5R section as one would expect.

http://www.robhobart.com/l5r.html

It's focused on the old lore and rules, but a treasure trove nonetheless.

On 10/14/2018 at 5:21 AM, Suzume Chikahisa said:

The O-Umajirushi, a XVIIth century heraldry scroll . This is a translation which the author made available as pay what you want, but you can also buy as a physical book. It is also avilable in full on Google Books . An amazing list of Sashimono, Nobori, Ko-Umajirushi and, of course, O-Umajirushi.

Quoting myself, but the author of the O-Umajirushi trnalation authorized google to make the download available as part of their project to promote books started around the covid-19 pandemic declaration.

You can just download the pdf directly from google books now.

3 hours ago, Suzume Chikahisa said:

Quoting myself, but the author of the O-Umajirushi trnalation authorized google to make the download available as part of their project to promote books started around the covid-19 pandemic declaration.

You can just download the pdf directly from google books now.

Thanks, and I wish I could somehow get my thanks to the author.

3 hours ago, Tonbo Karasu said:

Thanks, and I wish I could somehow get my thanks to the author.

The first link goes to his page where there is a contact form and where you can also get printed versions. I don't know how active the translator still is though.