I desperately need help dealing with Spectre Cell!

By Fourtytwo, in Imperial Assault Skirmish

Hi friends,

I have a serious issue with the Spectre Cell from the current expansion wave for our beloved game. As has been discussed in many threads, blogs, articles and videos, the Spectres as a team and their Spectre Cell skirmish upgrade is way overpowered, almost breaking the game and ruining everyone's fun and enjoyment of the skirmish mode and this forum.

So, like many others, I've thought a lot about what can be done to alleviate this problem and make the game fun again when dealing with the Spectre Cell. I've not been able to come up with a solution, yet, therefore I'm asking for help here - maybe we can compile some ideas and solutions.

Here's the thing: I do not want to ruin anybody's game. I also do not want to be called cheap, or beardy, or be accused of only playing to win when I field all the Spectres - simply because they're cool characters and I really like them and want to field them as a team.

This is the challenge: How can I play the Spectres as a team really bad without appearing to sabotage my own game so that my opponent does not need to feel powerless any more because he has no chance against the Spectres? How do I best construct a command deck for them which is terrible but still legit? This is really hurting my brain.

Seriously!

Many thanks in advance.

Edited by Fourtytwo

First of all, play what you have fun with, and don't worry about being perceived as cheap or unfun. If SC becomes *that* much of a metagame force, a perfectly tuned anti-SC list will arise.

Some of SC's weaknesses are six activations, limited card draw, and limited objective play. Attack any one of those and you can beat them. I've had a lot of success with weaken+evade tokens when fighting SC.

Spectre Cell is a good group, but I haven't found them to be overpowered in my testing. They're great at taking advantage of your mistakes.

I would recommend to keep playing some practice games and figure out what you can do to focus down a few of their figures and beat them with some objectives

If you want to make your own Spectre list worse, don't take Spectre Cell. ;)

1 hour ago, a1bert said:

If you want to make your own Spectre list worse, don't take Spectre Cell. ;)

That's the obvious one, yeah. Can still take all the characters you like, but without the major power boost.

Ya just don’t include the spectre cell card. You’ll still get to use the fun characters without being too OP.