Magic Grows Stronger >> Announcing Winds of Magic for WFRP!

By ynnen, in WFRP Archived Announcements

VERY nice! You're doing very well with this third edition!

Good thing.

jh

Yay! Fantastic.

Now, I suppose we'll have to wait for the Priest expansion. :P

Will we see it befor summer vacations? I do hope so, can't wait to read more about the magic nad to see some more new spells. It sounds like a new, big and really great supplement.

Like I said befor I will said it agian - the WFRP 3ed grows stronger with every new expansion! Thank FFG nas special thanks to Jay Little and his crew for such a great work they doing.

Aaaaaah, FRESH MEAT !! gran_risa.gif

- all colleges of magic babeo.gif

- corruption and mutations demonio.gif

- demons corazon.gif

- and even adventure happy.gif

Now thats something worth waiting for aplauso.gif

Over the next few weeks I'll be spoiling additional details... perhaps a look at the new corruption & mutation rules... maybe the design of the different College spell themes and mechanics... hopefully you'll all stay tuned to find out!

ynnen said:

Over the next few weeks I'll be spoiling additional details... perhaps a look at the new corruption & mutation rules... maybe the design of the different College spell themes and mechanics... hopefully you'll all stay tuned to find out!

I know i will stay :) . Can't wait for more details, thanks Jay!

Elf wizard careers please.

ynnen said:

Is there some Speed Ordering system you can implement and just debit our bank accounts directly and send the supplements over quicker? ;)

Lexicanum said:

ynnen said:

Is there some Speed Ordering system you can implement and just debit our bank accounts directly and send the supplements over quicker? ;)

+1

Although I can't be more excited about this item, I looked at the Upcoming page and saw this:

"Expected by: summer '10"

Which is disappointing. I was hoping sooner than 'somewhere between June and August'.

I doubt we will see elf magic in this one, that would be much better suited for a suplement dedicated to the pointyeared ones. Seeing the rest of the colleges along with higher ranking careers is going to be interesting.

Since this will contain spells from all 8 colleges, I presume this will also contain the basic and intermediate career sheets for the other colleges as well, but what about advanced careers for all colleges? Will they be in here as well or are we waiting on a later supplement for those?

The only problem i can see with that is there simply isn't another career which can compete with the power of a master wizard...

Depends how ingrained into high society they want to go - if its ok to be a wizard lord then surely its ok to be a high ranking Knight of the White Wolf or somesuch..?

I didn't see anything about careers in the description, and the wizard careers in the Core Set are not bound to a particular college. It would be great to get advanced wizard career sheets like Wizard, Battle Wizard, Master Wizard, and Wizard Lord, but I'm not sure if we'll be getting those.

From what has been released I'm expecting to get 5 additional Order talent cards for the remaining 5 Colleges.

UncleArkie said:

I doubt we will see elf magic in this one, that would be much better suited for a suplement dedicated to the pointyeared ones. Seeing the rest of the colleges along with higher ranking careers is going to be interesting.

Look.

There are four playable races.

Three of them can cast spells.

Only one of them has any magical careers.

Not all high elven magicians, let alone all elves, use high magic. Plenty of them use colour magic.

To not have any elven spellcasting careers at all after the main set, the GM's pack, the adventurers pack, and a supplement dedicated to magic is beyond ridiculous.

Cynical Cat said:

UncleArkie said:

Look.

There are four playable races.

Three of them can cast spells.

Only one of them has any magical careers.

Not all high elven magicians, let alone all elves, use high magic. Plenty of them use colour magic.

To not have any elven spellcasting careers at all after the main set, the GM's pack, the adventurers pack, and a supplement dedicated to magic is beyond ridiculous.

Why not just give the elf the human wizard career if you just want an elf with colour magic?

The lack of magic for the other races is dissapointing. We already got some of these orders covered in main set, so now were going to just get more for those plus the others?

The games obsession with the Empire focused stuff is killing it for our group. And a Summer release also dampens excitement as with all things FFG, delays are inevitable it seems and any more content is far off.

Now this of course is a MUCH better addition to the game than the stupid gathering storm set which looks like a giant waste of time, or the dissapointing GM tool kit. THIS should have come out right after the main box set, along with the excellent Adventurer's tool kit.

The releases have created a large gap of MEATY releases for the game. Since it's debut we have gotten mostly just fluff pieces and now we wait till Summer for something of actual use? Hopefully releases pick up for this game and move into more important territory and not waste more time with campaign sets.

Cynical Cat said:

Elf wizard careers please.

There's an elf on the cover. I'll bet we see High Elf apprentice or trainee careers in here. Perhaps Wood Elves too (as they're pretty much just Jade and Amber wizards).

It's an excellent expansion, and should please many, with some cool stuff that I'm sure FFG will show in near-future diaries.

I'm not so sure what all the fuss about elven wizards is, TBH. As far as I am concerned, Elf magic/wizards (and dwarf runes) are so far from "basic" that I in no way think they should be available in any expansion until a lot of other things are done ... such as finishing the human colleges and the priestly careers, as well as other 'basic' careers, for example.

As far as releases, FFG has LOTS of stuff planned as well as coming out. Consider that the Core Set only came out last fall about 7 months ago, and they've already gotten the Adv Toolkit, GM Kit, and Storm of Chaos out to the public (or printers, at least), now this magic addition, and there are several other things being playtested ... that's quite a lot in the works for only having been 7 months since Core release. It seems like we can expect a product (or two) every 2-3 months, which isn't a bad release timeline for a company.

WFRP has been Empire centric for most of its life. WFRP 1e was fairly inclusive, but still devoted most of its setting to the Empire. WFRP 2e was even more Empire centric. Only WFB is fairly spread out in terms of its scope, and it covers all factions more evenly. WFRP 3e has kept on in the vein of 2e by being pretty Empire oriented.

WFRP 2e Realms of Sorcery didn't have any specific rules for Elven mages, but it did have the Runesmithing rules, however the bulk of the book was dedicated to The Colleges and their associated magic. The chaos magic rules were part of a separate book, Tome of Corruption.

In WFRP 3e we're getting a mix of Realms of Sorcery and Tome of Corruption, focusing mostly on the Colleges and including bits from the Tome of Corruption, like mutations and Tzeentch.

This is perfect - I don't see why people moan about it so much!

Elven magic? Really!? Go play D&D! I'm really glad they don't plan to include such madness soon. I'd imagine if they had included elven magic, a lot of players would only pick that type of career and make two thirds of the other careers silly in comparison. Not to mention how ridiculous it would be to have a party of an elven wizard, a trollslayer, a human commoner and a rat catcher run merrily around the empire!!

I really love the game as is and I can't wait to get my hands on the Gathering Storm!!

Maybe so Cat, but the game is still centered on the human lands, elves are a rare sight in the Empire, I am just of the opinion that elven magic would be better suited for the elf box when it comes out and that I doubt that you will see it in the magic box, there is other stuff in it and I have a feeling that it will be the same size as the gm toolkit, thats all. Now judging from format that means that with all 8 colleges, mutations and a chaos god covered there is no room for high magic, thats all, I would love to see it too, but I doubt we will get it any time soon.

There's going to be an elf box? I thought doing elf supplements was forbidden for this game ;)

I wonder if this set will cover:

Runebearers

Hedge witches

jh