Yet Another Doom Math Sheet

By haslo, in Doom

So today I was procrastinating, and what came out was a little spreadsheet that shows the averages, medians , minimum and maximum values for damage and range of individual dice, marine weapons, and invader demons. "Medians" is bold here because it's more important than averages in this context, with the deviations of the dice being so high, but rarely included in player aids.

The reason why I created it is because I looked far and wide on the geek and found plenty of such math sheets, but none that were both compact and comprehensive (to the extent that I wanted them to be). The one that was as comprehensive as I wished (including percentages per damage values for each weapon, sweet) didn't have a summary of invader demons at all.

Have a look at it here (pdf) and tell me what you think! I'm of course happy about people pointing out errors as well, or giving constructive criticism.

Not bad. Those numbers look good. But you should think of the fact the Cyberdemon and Archville get to re-roll their misses. Maybe lower their miss chance.

I did think of that, but I'm not sure how I should work it in. After all, they can reroll bad range dice or bad damage dice, meaning both their range or damage results should be higher as well...

Other such sheets did calculate medians and averages without misses, maybe I should make additional columns for that? And I realized that the sum of all dice's medians isn't technically the median of the result, although it often comes close. Yet another column? lengua.gif

I'll experiment a bit and let you know.

OK, I added an explanatory row below the values, four columns total for non-miss averages and medians, and a copyright notice.

Here's the new version .

Any other things I could change?

Impressive, I think it's good now.

Very useful.I downloaded a copy for my gaming group

Geeky AND useful! Great job, thanks for that.

(BTW I consider myself a geek so that is a compliment not slander!)