New to skirmish

By alaskandevil, in Imperial Assault Skirmish

My son and I are playing and going to our first tournament soon. I don't mind buying one more extra expansion and or extra figure but based on what we have, what is a good team for Imperial and rebel?

We have...

Core, Heart of the empire,

Ig88, Hondo and agent Blaise - for zillo and lie in ambush, asoka,

Like I said if there's a good combination minus a good figure or expansion that I need I'd be okay with that but I can't spend too much more money

I think you have enough to make some great Imperial lists. Given that you have Heart of the Empire, I would go with picking up a Han or Chewbacca expansion to round out some good rebel lists.

For Imperial lists, Zillo is a must. For Rebel lists, Gideon is a must.

On 9/23/2018 at 3:25 PM, alaskandevil said:

My son and I are playing and going to our first tournament soon. I don't mind buying one more extra expansion and or extra figure but based on what we have, what is a good team for Imperial and rebel?

We have...

Like I said if there's a good combination minus a good figure or expansion that I need I'd be okay with that but I can't spend too much more money

Ok you have a limited collection so it's gonna be tough to make an optimal list, but let's see what's the best we can do.

I would highly recommend you get Jabba's Realm (it has an amazing campaign, which also has an App campaign version that just came out in the past month or so as well)- it has all the nice toys for Skirmish that you'll really need for any faction to be honest. The following list would also require Han and Chewie's small packs, but nothing beyond that.

Rebels 40 Points

15 Chewbacca *Requires Chewbacca Pack

-4 Wookie Avenger

12 Han Solo *Requires Han Solo Pack

-2 Rogue Smuggler

5 Jarrod Kelvin

5 Jyn Odan

3 Gideon Argus

3 Mak

2 Rebel High Command

1 Balance of the Force

*or sub Rebel High Command for C-3PO if you buy his pack (c3po is amazing!) and maybe R2D2 for Mak, then switch out a Spy card for something else instead (single purpose wouldn't be a bad choice)

Command Cards

3 Debts Repaid (Chewie's card)

2 I Make My Own Luck (Han's card)

3 On the Lam (Jabba's Realm)

2 Run for Cover (Jabba's Realm)

2 Slippery Target (Han Solo Pack)

2 Tools for the Job (Jabba's Realm)

2 One in a Million

1 Intelligence Leak

1 Marksman

0 Urgency

0 Element of Surprise

0 Celebration

0 Fleet Footed

0 Take Initiative

0 Planning

We have...

Now here's an Imperial List you could do if you have Jabba's Realm

40 Points Imperial

18 Darth Vader

-5 Driven by Hatred

9 AT-DP

7 Elite Riot Troopers

7 Elite Jet Troopers

2 Regular Officer

1 Lie in Ambush

1 Zillo Technique

The Tricky thing for Imperials is that you lack a bunch of the really good command cards, so you could actually have a decent squad but half your command cards would be subpar.

*or you could sub Lie in Ambush and the AT-DP for a set of Elite Sentry Droids (or get rid of Vader and do them but add a probe droid or something)

We have...

And lastly here's one for Mercenaries (assuming you buy Jabba's Realm and one extra character pack, the Jawa Scavenger)

12 IG 88 (buy the Jawa pack for his "Focused on the Kill" fix)***

6 Onar Koma (Jabba's Realm)

7 Elite Weequay Pirates (Jabba's Realm)

6 Hondo

3 Gideon Argus

4 Clawdite Shapeshifter

1 Temporary Alliance

1 Devious Scheme

Command Cards

3 Take it Down

3 On the Lam

2 Blaze of Glory

2 Tools for the Job

2 Run for Cover

1 Intelligence Leak

1 Price on their Heads

1 Marksman

0 Element of Surprise

0 Urgency

0 Take Initiative

0 Planning

0 Let's Make a Deal

0 Celebration

0 Stimulants

Wow, thanks. Great info.

What about Spectre Cell? Seems like it was designed for new players to help them run a good list without having to buy all the expansions. Just get three packs (Hera and Chopper, Ezra and Kanan, and Sabine and Zeb) and then find the best CCs out of the sets you already have! I'm not sure which pack comes with the SC card though...

5 hours ago, Mandelore of the Rings said:

I'm not sure which pack comes with the SC card though...

Comes in the Tyrants of Lothal expansion box.

If you get Han you can do a cool Han ashoka list with Gideon but c3p0 and r2 are musts for rebel and c3po is a must for most scums so.... but also if you were going to do this use jyn and luke and you have 40 pts!