Testing out my new mission storylines i wrote.

By LTuser, in X-Wing Battle Reports

So this will be the battle report for me doing a HOAC like storyline, comprising of 2 storys, 3 missions per story.

For the rebellion, i was going with a flat New character of 2PS.

For the 6 X-wings i developed for this, we have

#1 - Squeaky. Carries an R2-D2 Astromech, 1xp saved. No other upgrades

#2 - Shatter. Carries an R4-D6, a Seismic torpedo, and the mod Vectored thrusters.

#3 - Basher. Has a base R5 astromech and a Proton Torpedo

#4 - Groot. has a base R2 astromech, Munition's failsafe modification and a Plasma torpedo.

#5 - Spot. R5-K6 droid and plasma torp

And lastly #6 - Gruff. An R3 astromech, with Vectored thrusters as his upgrade.

For my 6 Y-wings, i had;

#1 - Crack. An R7 astromech, Blaster turret and a Seismic bomb

#2 - Twitch. A BTL-4A title, with a Twin laser turret and a Targeting astromech.

#3 - Snoopy, with an R2 astromech, an Ion Turret and an Ion bomb,

#4 - Doc, with an R7-T1 astromech, Dorsal turret and Vectored Thrusters for his upgrade.

#5 - Unka, sporting Munition's failsafe for a ship mod, a Proton torpedo and carrying an R3 astromech.

And lastly #6 - Walt. With an R5 astromech, Plasma torpedo and Sync turret.

Story 1 - Imperial Counter Attack. Part 1, Imperials first strike.

This i played twice (so far), each time with 2 rebel ships.

The rebels set up a large command module, a feed through module, a hanger, command center, sensor array, turret (on the feed through module), small command module, and shield generator. They were placed at one end of a 4x3 map, with 6 asteroids in the center. The imperials came in on the other end (Mission time line i set for 14 rounds).

My first running of it, i went with 2 X-wings, Spot and Gruff.

The imperials had 2 Tie fighters in Alpha squad (Set up), 1 Tie bomber in Beta squad (Set up), 1 additional bomber coming in on round 4, and an Interceptor coming in on round 7 (but we never got that far).. The AI for the bombers is 'target the rebel facility unless a rebel fighter is within range 1, OR deals you damage, then shoot him. The Fighters focus on rebel fighters only, ignoring the base as a possible target.

The first round was just movement, but due to my poor planning on the x-wings maneuvering dials, they split up, with Spot going towards the bomber, and Gruff towards the 2 tie fighters. In round 2, Gruff got shanked by both tie fighters, even with him using his Focus to evade some damage, he still lost both of his shields. and from poor rolling on his shot, only 1 tie fighter took damage. For Spot's side of house, he missed his shot, while the bomber had none.

In the third round, Spot targeted the bomber, and did 1 damage to him. However, this let the bomber counter attack him, and at two range, his proton torpedo took spot down to only 1 remaining hull. Unfortunately due to one of the fighters having to peal away from Gruff to avoid an asteroid, he finished off Spot, making him go EVA. In the 4th round, the Turret, finally got off a single shot, doling out no damage to the 2nd tie fighter and the 2nd bomber entered the pitch at a spot that had him right in front of Gruff!!. Gruff damaged the bomber, (he was easier to shoot vice the fighters), causing him next round to go through an asteroid taking a 3rd point of hull damage. Consequently the 1st tie ripped into his rear shields, stripping them away fully. The 6th round saw the two fighters, and that 2nd bomber, destroy the 2nd X-wing.

After action report, i royally screwed up, having both X-wings close in so fast, so as to take out of action the rebel Turret, AND i made a big mistake having them split up, instead of swarming into the fighters from the get go.

My 2nd run at it, had me taking the Xwing Shatter, and the Y-wing, Sleepy. This one went Very much better, though the X-wing still got killed..

Like in the first run through, there was no fire in R1. In R2, the 2nd tie fighter suffered 1 damage (forgot from whom), while the Tie bomber took 2 damage. In the third round Sleepy managed to ionize a fighter, while no one else took any damage (the Evade die were hot, while the red attack ones sucked).

For the 4th round, the Gamma Squad bomber showed up, in the flank of Shatter, causing him to get a critical hit (pilot injured, no use of Elite talent). However, Shatter and Twitch combined on Tie fighter 2 killing it. The Turret even caused 1 damage to Ftr 1.

the 5th round, saw the 1st tie bomber get off a nasty hit on the rebel facility, stripping all the shields from the shield generator (yes it was a jammy as heck roll). Only Tie bomber 2 took any damage. In the 6th round, Bomber 1 finishes destroying the shield generator, but takes another hull damage from the Turret. While Sleepy ionized him, giving him his 4th hull damage. Shatter did nothing to the other fighter, nor did it hit him back.

In round 7, the interceptor finally made an appearance, but on the opposite side from where the furball was going on, so had no shot for 2 rounds. The remaining fighter, ran into an asteroid, which Shatter promptly destroyed with his seizmic torpedo, while Sleepy's Ion bomb, helped hold the fighter there. Scratch the 2nd tie fighter.. Now just two bombers and an interceptor left. Round 8, neither of the bombers, the interceptor or any of the 2 rebel ships hit in any manner that the evade dice didn't cancel out, the only damage caused in that round was by the Turret.

Round 9, finally saw the X-wing finished off by the 2nd tie bomber, while he gave back 2 hull damage to the bomber (i find it interesting Tie interceptors start at PS 1, but bombers are at PS 2).. In round 10, nothing hit anywhere on the board (not even the turret), Round 11 saw the turret finally finish off Bomber 1, while the Y-wing started ionizing the Interceptor. Neither round 12 or 13 did anyone take damage, and the 14th and final round came, with the Y-wing losing its shields to the tie interceptor, while only dealing out a 2nd hull damage to it.

So 2 straight rebel losses.. More cause of sucky dice this time than poor tactics.

Tomorrow i will give it a 3rd running (still at 2 PS) but this time with 2 Y-wings, Twitch and Crack..

Edited by LTuser
Had to edit the ships due to can't have an EPT on a PS2 pilot.

Well, did my 3rd runthrough with 2 pc ships.. This time, i had two Y-wings.

First up was Twitch (the BTL-A4 and TWT combo'ed one), 2nd was Crack, seismic bomb 0 blaster turret.. The Squad leader chip was placed on Crack., that's something i completely forgot about for my first running, having a Squad leader amongst the rebels, and didn't really see much effect happen in the 2nd..

For the Imperial placement, the two Fighters, started off down in the bottom right corner, while the Bomber was in the middle.. The Two Y-wings, for the first round exited the hanger, heading to the left of the Bomber, hoping both could coordinate on it to take out out swiftly. For R1 there was nothing but movement..

R2 - Both Twitch and Crack hit the bomber, causing 3 hull damage total. and the bomber caused 1 shield damage back, to crack.

R3- Crack managed to drop his seismic charge, but due to ME forgetting the bomber, now damaged would target the rebel fighters, didn't move in the desired direction, causing a shield damage to Twitch (DOH!!).. Twitch targeted the bomber, missing both of his TWT shots, and getting NOT even a single focus result on his main weapon, while Crack got off a shot at ftr 1, but did no damage. The bomber for it's part, hit for 3 damage vs Crack, stripping him completely of shields and giving him 1 hull damage (OUCH!!)

R4 - The 2nd bomber came in at #6 (so its now to the side of Twitch), Crack hits bomber 1, doing 2 more hull (down to 1 remaining, and man did this bomber get jammy after that, surving for a # of rounds).. Twitch dealt 2 damage to ftr 1, Ftr 1 for his shot, stripped off a 2nd shield from Twitch, while Ftr 2 missed Crack totally.

R5- Of all the shots (Inc the turret), i think there was a total of 2 focus results. Not one hit, nor crit. And at least 1 evade was rolled for every ship... So no one took any more damage.

R6- Bomber 1 hit and killed the turret, with his proton torpedo, Crack got hit again, giving him now 3 hull damage. Things are not looking nice for him.. No one else got hit.

R7- the Tie interceptor entered the field in the Top right corner, placing him not that far from the battle. Bomber 1 shot and stripped one shield off of the rebel's bases shield generator. Bomber misses its shot on Crack. Twitch kills fighter 2 with three well placed shots (one from his main gun, and 1 damage each from his TWT, thanking the free focus action the squad leader gave him!) Crack shoots and finally finishes off bomber 1, while evading the counter fire of ftr 1.

R8- Bomber 2 deals 1 damage to the shield generator, Both ftr 1 and the interceptor stripped the remaining shields from twitch, and also gave him 1 hull damage. Twitch for his part dealt 1 hull damage to the interceptor. The Turret missed again. Crack deals 3 hull to bomber 2..

R9- Bomber 2 finishes off the shields on the shield generator and gives it also a hull damage.. Twitch hits and polishes off the interceptor (man that was fast!), while Crack brings bomber 2 to 5 hull damage.

R10- Bomber 2 finally destroys the shield generator, Crack had no shot (he moved too far for his blaster turret), while Twich shot at and missed Ftr 1 however the fighter didn't miss, causing twich to drop to 2 hull damage.

R11 - Twitch shoots and finishes off the 2nd bomber, while Crack missed again. Ftr 1 deals 3rd hull damage to Crack though (so both are now at 3 hull damage out of 5).

R12- Both twitch and crack finish off ftr 1. Rebel victory, but both Y-wings were down to 2 hull each....

Next up, to give it a whirl at 4 rebel fighters (2 ea of X and Y-wings)..

Well, tried to do a 4 player one, at a local game store on their "SW mini's night" but of the 4 people who showed up, two played 2.0 xwing amongst themselves, the other 2 did armada..

So i did another 2 rebel run.. Both X-wings.

First up was Basher - R5 astromech and a proton Torp, then Came Groodd who had a base R2 astromech, Munition's failsafe modification and a Plasma torpedo.

Using all 3 range rulers i have, i placed a 9 block grid to mark the imp's starting location. The 2 tie fighters started off in #4 spot, while the Bomber was at #1.

The rebels started out decently, but due to MY poor planning ahead, both X-wings lost one shield after running over an asteroid. Additionally, twice i boobooed up and Basher bumpped into a Tie fighter, causing him to lose his action (so he couldn't Focus or Target lock).. Poor die rolls for the X-wings also saw cruddy damage on the fighters through round 6. Till Basher finally got a chance to pop off his proton torp into the bomber, causing 3 damage. Then came the plasma torp of Groodd, which did 2 more. Unfortunately by this time Groodd had taken his lost his last shield AND had taken a crit hit (pilot). By round 7 when the Interceptor came in, Groot was right in it's face, and straffed it good, knocking it down by 2 hull of 4 (the interceptor pilot sheet i had picked gave him 1 hull upgrade).

2 rounds later both x-wings combined to take the interceptor out, and the turret finally hit finishing off the first tie bomber..

Unfortunately, in round 11, both X-wings went EVA from the fighters, while bomber 2 had taken out the turret AND had stripped the shield generator down to 2 hull remaining..

So yet another Rebel loss, more from poor starting tactics on my part (again) than anything else..

Hopefully, next week when i go to that store, i will actually get a few players.. !

Duplicate post

Edited by LTuser

Just for the heck of it, i did another on my own running, two pc ships, 1 Y-wing (Doc) and 1 X-wing (Squeaky).

So like usual i rolled randomly to see where the imps started (using the 3 range rulers as before). The 2 tie fighters came in on the FAR left side (rolled a 1), while the bomber was not that far from them (#3).

Like all the other runnings, the first round was nothing but movement.

R2, more move, no shooting. I am having both stick together.. Skirting the asteroids, rather than going straight into the enemy.

R3, more move, again no shooting.

R4, finally we had some shooting. As Bomber in wave 2 entered the mat, at #7, right BEHIND the rebels, but thanks to the turret of the Y-wing, a shot went out, and a lucky 3 hits with no evades, put a hurting on Bomber 2. That was the only firing this round. TLs on the bomber from Doc, and Ftr 2 from Squeaky.

R5, bomber 2 shoots, hits and deals 2 shield damage to Doc, Ftr 1 and 2 both stripped 1 shield from Squeaky. However squeaky put Ftr 2 down to 1 hull left, while Doc put Bomber 2 down to 2 hull left.

R6, Bmr 1 hits and almost destroys the turret in 1 shot. It missed its return fire. Squeaky finishes off ftr 2, and due to moving green, regenerated one shield (HE needed it!). Lost that regen'ed shield and took 1 damage from ftr 1, after he blew up ftr 1. Doc took 2 more hits, taking his final shield away, and giving him one face down damage from Bmr 2, before he finished blowing it up.

R7, interceptor comes in all the way over on #2 spot so is way away from the furball for now. Both Doc and Squeaky shoot and destroy Ftr1. Squeaky regen another shield. Bmr 1 finishes off the turret.

R8, Squeaky goes head to head with the interceptor, while Doc goes chasing after the bomber. Squeaky takes 2 damage, but gives out only 1.

R9, Squeaky manages to get into a side arc on the interceptor, avoiding counter fire, but misses his shot totally (didn't even roll a single focus let alone a hit, to 3 evades of the Int). Doc shoots and does 1 hull to the bomber.

R10, Squeaky shoots, and finally deals another hull to int, but the int deals 1 more hull to him blowing him out of his craft.. Doc does 3 more hull to the bomber, but took 1 hull damage back.

R11, Doc finishes off the bomber, while miraculously avoiding all return damage (rolled three focuses for the tie, and 1 evade for Doc).

R12, the interceptor's in range, but both he and doc miss.

R13, Doc hits and finishes off the interceptor before he can be shot at...

So barely a scraped out win for the rebels.. And like before, the Y-wing seemed to last longer than the X-wing did, even with it having R2-d2 to regen shields..

OK. So showed up at the store, and only had one person show up (guess that FB mention i was told that other guy said he'd make didn't really get the word out).. BUT he was at least willing to give 2 back to back missions..

So we ran mission 1 again, using the last 2 Y-wings of my untested ships for the first run-through. Unca (R-3 droid, proton torp and munitions fail safe) and Walt (R5 droid, plasma torp and Sync'ed turret). Though somewhere i must have made a spelling error, cause the sheet i printed out for Walt, had Wilt instead for pilot name.. GRR.

Using the 3 range rulers again, i set up the imperials randomly. Rolled spot 2 for the Bomber, while the two fighters came in at spot 3.. (going from top to bottom).

R1, like always was nothing but movement.

R2, both Tie fighters split up due to avoiding an asteroid, unfortunately that caused the Tie bomber to bump into Fighter 2. Unca had no shot, but Wilt, had one with his turret on Fighter 1, causing 1 hull damage. Fighter 1 returned fire on Wilt, taking 2 shields. Fighter 2 shot but missed Unca. The bomber had no shot. Neither did the rebel turret.

R3, Bomber 1 again had no shot on the base and neither fighter had damaged it, to 'free it up' to fire on them'. Unca got a Point blank shot on Fighter 2, but whiffed his die (3 die all were blanks, 2 evades on the Fighter's defense roll). Wilt shot at the bomber, but missed (1 hit vs 1 evade). Fighter 1 had no shot (Unca was just out of arc, even with a barrel roll), but Fighter 2 got a Point blank shot off on him, taking two of his shields too (so both rebel Y-wings are down to 1 shield apiece). Rebel turret shoots but misses bomber 1.

R4, Wilt due to having a K-turn (4) put himself out of range, but unca hard banked to get both fighters and the bomber in his arc. The Bomber shot a torp at the rebel turret, dealing 2 damage to it, while Unca shot and did 1 dam to Fighter 1 (now at 2). What a waste of his proton torp (GRR). Both Fighter `1 and 2 missed their counter shots, but the turret did 1 damage back to the bomber.

R5, Gama wave showed up (1 more bomber) at spot 4 (top right corner), putting him right near Unca, who unfortunately had to swerve out of his path but bumped into Fighter 1. bomber 1 shot and hit the shield generator taking 2 shields away, bomber 2 had no shot (though unca was in his forward arc, he' yet to take damage so he is still prioritize the base over fighters). Unca shot bomber 2 but missed, while Whit shoots and causes 1 hull damage on bomber 2, now freeing him to target the rebel fighters. Fighter 1's counter shot removed Unca's last shield, while Fighter 2 does same to Wilt. Rebel turret shoots and does 2 more damage to bomber 1 (now at 3 hull).

R6, bomber 1 destroys shield generator (removing the Evade die the turret gets), While bomber 2 shoots at Wilt, dealing him 2 hull damage (ouch). Wilt returned shots and gave 1 more hull damage to bomber 2 (now at 2), while Unca shoots and finishes off Bomber 1. Reb turret shoots and misses Fighter 1.

R7, Unca shoots but misses Fighter 2, while Wilt shoots and misses bomber 2. Both fighters had no shot, but the Reb turret did, but missed Fighter 2.

R8, the interceptor shows up all the way on the opposite side of the board (putting Wilt in his front at range 5). Bomber 2 shoots his plasma torp at Wilt, but rolled 4 straight blanks (WOA). Wilt returned fire and did 1 more hull to bomber 2 (now at 3 hull damage), while unca finally got fighter 2 in his sights and put a torp in, destroying him with the 1 shot. Reb turret shot but missed bomber 2.

R9, The int bumps into bomber 2 causing it to lose it's action, while wilt shot at it, missing wildly (2 blanks and 1 focus for the roll vs 3 evades). Unca had no shot (too far or out of arc again). Fighter 1 shoots and deals 2 more hull damage to Wilt, leaving him with 1 (which is where he finished the match). The turret had no shot.

R10, the 2nd bomber moved but in a manner to give him no shot on anyone, while Wilt and did 2 hull damage to the interceptor. Unca sht but misses Fighter 1, who also missed his counter shot, so did the reb turret.

R11, Again the bomber had no shot, while both rebels shot but missed the interceptor. However the Interceptor didn't miss, dealing 1 hull to Unca. The Turret shot but missed.

R12, The bomber finally got a shot off on the turret but missed, Unca shot at it but also missed. Unca was just out of range for his shot against the interceptor. The turret shot back but missed the bomber. MAN lots of misses in this round and the next!.

R13, Bomber shoots and deals 2 more damage to Unca (bringing him down to 2 hull left), while Unca and wilt along with the intereceptor shot and missed everyone.

Last round (14), the bomber falls to the turret, while Wilt and Unca destroyed the interceptor..

BARELY a rebel win in the final round..

For our 2nd try, we did 2 X-wings. Grood and Shatter. Imps set up on 8 for the bomber, and 1 for the fighters (almost each corner)..

We smartly for our first round, stayed close to the rebel facility, waiting for a 2nd round before any fire was exchanged (so we could draw them into range of the rebel turret).

R3, both Grood and shatter shot at but missed the bomber, while it had no shot on us or the turret, however shatter (my ship) took 2 shield damage from both fighters. The Turret shot but missed the bomber.

R4, The bomber shot and dealt FOUR to the turret (4 crits, ouch) almost killing the rebel turret with it's first shot, Grood shot and dealt it two hull back. Shatter destroyed an asteroid, dealing only Fighter 2 a damage (fighter 1 rolled blank for his 1 attack die). Both fighters shot but missed Shatter (luckily). The turret shoots and deals 1 more hull to the bomber.

R5, Bomber 2 shows up in the same spot bomber 1 spawned. Bomber 1 shoots and kills the turret (BOO!), and Grood's counter shot missed. Shatter shoots and deals 1 hull to fighter 2 (so is now at 2 hull damage), but both of them dealt 2 hull damage back to me (EEK).

R6, Bomber 2 shot but missed the shield generator, bomber 1 shoots and deals 1 shield to Grood. Grood finally hits and takes the last 3 hull of bomber 1 destroying it. Shatter shoots and misses fighter 2. BUT the return fire EVA'ed me.

R7, Grood swings his way into the fighters, finishing off #2, but not before losing his last shield to #1. The Interceptor came in too far away to shoot anyone. Bomber 2 removes all 3 shields from the shield generator.

R8, Grood takes 1 hull damage from the remaining fighter, but deals 3 hull to bomber 2. The interceptor does a long range shot but misses.

R9, Grood deals 2 more damage to the bomber, while taking a 2nd hull in return from it. Fighter shoots and misses, The interceptor was out of shot due to swerving to avoid an asteroid.

R10, Grood valiantly dies finishing off the bomber, but the interceptor and fighter destroy him..

Imperial victory.

Well this sucked for this evening's running, the guy i had that showed up last week wasn't there, and though there were 4 other x-wing players (inc 1 new guy to the game), all 4 preferred to play 2e. THOUGH 1 of those did mention he'd be ok showing up Next week to give me a look-see. And the newbie, is a maybe-yes to also show up next Monday..

So i gave mission 1 one last run-through at 2 players. Randomly rolled for ships, got 2 Y-wings. Snoopy and Twitch. Twitch i randomly rolled for squad leader. The Two starting tie fighters were Red (1) and Green (2). The bomber started out in the bottom right corner (Spot 9), while the fighters both started on spot 4.

Round 1, was movement, like before, but i had planned both Y-wings to skirt the asteroids close to the base, hoping to engage the bomber before the fighter's showed up.

Round 2, was more movement, with the Tie fighter's having to split up to avoid running into asteroids. Red-1 was the only ship that had a shot at max range, but missed Snoopy.

Round 3, the bomber had no shot, Twitch did dealing 1 hull to the bomber. Snoopy hit and ionized the red-1. Red-1 though, hit and stripped 2 shields off of Twitch. Green-2 missed Snoopy.

Round 4, the bomber bumped into Snoopy, Twitch hit it for 1 more hull damage, while Snoopy dealt a hull and ion to Green-2. The Rebel turret missed a max range shot on Red-1. Red 1 had no shot, while Green 2 missed Snoopy, thanks to an asteroid being in the way giving him a 2nd evade die.

Round 5, Bomber 2 (silver-2), came in at Token spot 2, same corner bomber 1 showed up at. Snoopy drops his ion bomb, dealing 2 ion damage to both Green 2 and Bomber 1. Bomber 1 stripped last shield off Twitch while Twitch deals 2 more hull to bomber 1 (now at 4 hull damage out of 6). Snoopy though missed his ion turret shot vs Red-1. Both fighters had no shot (out of arcs). Turret shoots but misses Green-2.

Round 6, Bomber 1 TL's Twitch and shoots him with his plamsa torpedo, dealing 3 hull damage to Twitch. Bmr 2 has no shot. Twitch destroys bomber 1. Snoopy does 2nd hull and ion damage to Red-1, while Green-2 has no shot but on the turret, dealing it 1 hull damage (out of 5).

Round 7, Due to poor planning, Snoopy bumped Red-1, while bomber 2 swerved to avoid an asteroid taking his shot away. Twitch hits and kills Green-2. While Snoopy does same to Red-1. Turret has no shot.

Round 8, Interceptor Red-3 shows up on spot 5, and moves to engage Snoopy. Both Snoopy and Twitch move to engage the 2nd bomber. However, only Twitch had a shot, and dealt it 1 hull damage. Snoopy's turret was out of range.

Round 9, Twitch had no shot. Bomber 2 strips 2 shields from Snoopy, while his return shot ionizes him and deals a 2nd hull damage. Interceptor Red-3 and the rebel turret traded shots both missing one another.

Round 10, Bomber 2 shoots his proton torp into the Turret, dealing it 3 more hull damage. Twitch moved in a manner to hopefully get a shot on the interceptor, but after it Barrel rolled to get a shot on Snoopy, pushed it just out of Twitch's arc. Snoopy deals 3rd hull damage and ionizes the bomber again. The Interceptor Red-3 strips last shield from Snoopy and deals him 1 hull. Turret misses bomber (dam those evade die!)

Round 11, Bomber 2 due to ion damage, moves to where he no longer has shot on the Turret. Snoopy hits and deals 1st hull damage to the interceptor which also ionizes it, Twitch scores 4th and 5th hull damage to the bomber. Turret misses shot, Interceptor hits and kills turret.

Round 13, Interceptor and bomber have no shot, but rebels do, with Twitch killing the bomber, and Snoopy dealing 2nd hull and another ion damage to it.

Round 14, both Twitch and snoopy hit killing the interceptor before it could get off a shot at Snoopy..

REBELS win again.

Thoughts. TLT was very effective, but the Ion bomb and ion turret of Snoopy really shined.

Hopefully if both those players, show up next week, i can get to starting to play test out mission 2! YAY.

Well, the guy who said he'd be here, didn't show up. BUT i did hook in a new to X-wing player.. We played 2 sessions back to back, but he had to cut out for a family thing, in round 3 of the 2nd running..

To remind everyone of the 12 ships i have for the play testing...

For the X-wings we have;

#1 (red), Squeaky, carries only an R2-D2 astromech, banked the last of the starting xp.

#2 (blue), Shatter, Carries an R4-D6 astromech, ship mod of Vectored thrusters and a Seismic torpedo. All 5xp used

#3 (silver), Basher, carries a base R5 astromech and a proton torpedo

#4 (green), Grood, Base R2 astromech, Plasma torpedo and munition's failsafe ship mod

#5 (gold), Spot, R5-K6 astromech and a plasma torp

and #6 (grey), Gruff. R3 astromech with vectored thrusters ship mod.

For the Six Y-wings we have;

#1 (red), Crack, carrying an R-7 astromech, seismic bomb and a Blaster turret

#2 (blue), Twitch, sporting the BTL-4A title mod, a Twin laser turret, and a targeting astromech (do not have a card for this, so only go with the write up on a sheet)

#3 (silver), Snoopy, with an R2 astromech, Ion turret and Ion bomb

#4 (green), Doc, sporting an R7-T1 astromech, Dorsal turret with the ship mod Vectored thrusters

#5 (gold), Unka, an R3 astromech, Proton torpedo with munition's fail safe

#6 (grey), Wilt, with an R5 astromech, Plasma torpedo and a sync turret.

Play test of Story 2 A cold day in ****, Mission 1 – Who's got the Snow shoes.

Mission Map 3x3, planet. 12 Turn duration. Imp forces at 2 player – Two Tie fighters, 1 Tie interceptor, 1 Decimator at start, + 2 Improved Turrets. Reinforcements of 1 Tie bomber in Turn 4, and a 2 nd bomber in Turn 7.

Imperial facility in bottom Right corner comprising of 1 large command module, 1 end cap, 1 feed through and 1 hanger, plus 1 landing pad, where the Decimator started on. Both fighters were on patrol in bottom left corner, while the interceptor came from the hanger, along with both bombers.

3 Proximity mines along planet's atmospheric edge.

1 st Running: Went with 2 Y-wings to start. Crack and Wilt. Crack was given Squad Leader.

Round 1 – All forces moved, no shots by imperials. Both Crack and Wilt shot at but missed Mine field 3. No other activity.

Round 2 – Decimator got in range, and shot twice once at each Y-wing, stripping two shields from Wilt but missing Crack. Both Crack and wilt hit and score 5 damage on the Tie interceptor destroying it before it could get off a shot. Fighter Black-1 shoots and strips last shield from Wilt.

Round 3 – Tie fighter Green-2 bumps into Wilt, while both Y-wings maneuver out of both fighters arc. Crack drops his Seismic bomb causing 1 damage to both fighters, however the Decimator had a bank out of the way of running into the fighters. Turret 1 takes a long range shot but misses. Crack and Wilt combined fire to remove Mine-1.

Round 4 – Bomber Black 1 shows up. Maneuvers straight forward (unluckily), while both the Decimator and fighter Black-1 maneuver to being out of arc to shoot anyone, and Green-2 bumped the Decimator. Wilt dealt a 2 nd hull to Mine-3, while Crack missed his shot on the mine. Turret shoots and deals 2 hull damage to Wilt.

Round 5 – Wilt gets a TL on the Decimator, while Crack focused on Bomber Black-1. Bomber bumps black-1 fighter. The Decimator gave a 3 rd hull damage to Wilt, while Wilt's plasma torpedo stripped all 4 shields of the Decimator in return. Crack misses his shot with fighter Green-2, who misses his shot back. Turret 1 misses Wilt, but Turret 2 hit and deals a 4 th hull. Wilt's not looking too hot.

Round 6 – Fighter Green-2, Decimator and Bomber Black-1 move in a manner neither has a shot on any rebels. Fighter Black-1 does get a shot. Wilt and Crack close in on imperial base, and are too close for either turret to get off a shot, however Wilt and Crack combine fire, destroying Turret-1.

Round 7 – Bomber Silver-2 shows up. Fighter Black-1 again bumps into the Decimator, while the Decimator bumps into fighter Green-2 (conga line!!). Wilt and Crack strip all 3 shields from base's shield generator, and start performing their sensor scan on the facility. No imperials have a counter shot at the rebels.

Round 8 – Bomber Silver-2 and the Decimator get a TL on Crack while both rebel ships finish off their scans. Decimator shoots Crack missing, while Silver-2 does not, stripping 2 shields and dealing 1 stress with his Flechette torpedo. Both Crack and Wilt shoot but roll badily vs Turret-2. No other imperial shots fired.

Round 9 – Base scan complete, both fighters book out for northern edge, unfortunately this opened them up to Turret-2 and the others. Decimator bumps fighter Green-2, while Green-2 bumped Black-1 (yet another conga line). Neither Wilt or Crack have shots, even with turrets, vs any imperials. However, Turret-2 does, and kills Wilt.

Round 10 – Crack and Decimator trade misses, and both Bomber Silver-2 and Fighter Black-1 also miss their shots. However bomber Black-1 does not miss, stripping the last shield off of Crack, and dealing him 1 hull damage. The Turret also hits, dealing 2 more hull..

Round 11 – Both bombers hit and finish off Crack.

IMPERIAL Victory.

Comments – Planning worked better, but that **** two shot Decimator, and the base's turrets did the rebels in more than anything. After 2 to 3 more play tests will get a feel if I need to drop the imperial facilities Turrets down to 1. And if I need to move the bombers to coming in later, say round 5 and 8 vice 4 and 7.

2 nd Running: Went with 2 X-wings, Basher and Grood. Basher has Squad leader.

Round 1 – No imperials have shots as before, but this time both X-wings destroy mine-3.

Round 2 – Both Basher and Grood TL the Interceptor, destroying it before it can get off a shot. The Decimator's first shot strips 1 shield from Grood but chews into Basher, stripping both shields off and dealing him 1 hull damage. Neither Fighter or Turret have a shot.

Round 3 – Due to how everyone moves, no fighters have shots at the rebels neither do they have any back, so they TL the 2 nd Turret, shooting and killing it. However Turret 1 strips last of Grood's shields and deals him 1 critical (pilot injured).

Round 4 – Bomber Silver-1 shows up, but gets no shot. Neither fighters have a shot, after the Decimator bumps into Green-2. Both rebels shoot at Mine 1 stripping it down to 1 hull remaining out of 3. The Turret misses.

Round 5 – Fighter Black-1 bumps the Decimator back, while Fighter Green-2 does a 5 K-turn giving It no shot. Bomber Silver 1 has no shot, neither does the Decimator. Grood deals 1 hull to Silver-1, while Fighter Black-1 misses his shot against Basher. Basher misses his return shot too.

Round 6 – Both Fighters bump into both X-wings, neither in a manner giving either a shot at the non-bumped rebel. Decimator makes a turn giving the X-wings it's back. Grood deals 2 nd damage to Silver-1. Basher misses his Torp shot on the Decimator.

Round 7 – Bomber Black-2 shows up, and gets promptly bumped into by bomber Silver-1. Bomber 2 shoots his cluster missile into Basher, and kills him. Both X-wings shoot (since they have the same PS) dealing 3 more damage to Silver-1.

Round 8 – Grood tries to flee the map board, taking 1 more hull damage (Bringing him to 2 hull).

Round 9 – Grood escapes board, Mission a Failure.

Comments – The Decimator was the big difference again, causing the big pain in the Intro, but after that, seemed useless.

On 10/16/2018 at 12:27 AM, LTuser said:

... Comments – Planning worked better, but that **** two shot Decimator, and the base's turrets did the rebels in more than anything. After 2 to 3 more play tests will get a feel if I need to drop the imperial facilities Turrets down to 1. And if I need to move the bombers to coming in later, say round 5 and 8 vice 4 and 7. 

On 10/16/2018 at 12:28 AM, LTuser said:

... Comments – The Decimator was the big difference again, causing the big pain in the Intro, but after that, seemed useless.

I enjoy reading these.

Maybe have the Decimator come in at round 4 and both bombers in round 7. Two Tie fighters, a Tie Interceptor plus the Decimator all at the same time seems rough for two lightly upgraded player ships - especially if any of the Imperial ships have a higher PS than the players.

That sounds like one change i might make, shifting the Decimator to coming in a little later, say round 3-4. And i like the idea of having both bombers come in together later on too. Another is dropping the imperial turrets down from 2 to start +1 per 2 players, to 1 to start, +1 per two players..

3 rd running. Only 2 players again, X-wing Squeaky (with the R2-D2), and the Y-wing Unca (R3 astromech, plasma torp and munitions fail safe). 2 Players initially show up, but one had to leave while we were in set up. The other player had Squeaky, so I took the Y-wing from the 2 nd player.

Still 2 Tie fighters, 1 decimator and 1 Interceptor to start with for the empire, with a Tie bomber in each of round 4 and 7. Squeaky has Squad leader.. Other than in round 2, it made no impact, due to both of us being too far apart.

Round 1, Squeaky heads towards the interceptor, while Unca headed towards the fighters. No imps in range to shoot, and Unca's only shot is on Proxy mine 2, dealing 2 damage to it. Squeaky and the Interceptor trade shots, but miss.

Round 2, Unca gets in a bad shape, with both fighters AND the decimator having shots on him, while (due to how I stupidly maneuvered) I had no shot. Squeaky and the Interceptor trade shots again, with squeaky losing both shields, while the interceptor took 1 hull damage

Unca though lost all 3 of his shields and took a hull damage total, from both the Fighters and the Decimator.

Round 3, Squeaky lines the interceptor up for hopefully a kill shot, with it unable to retaliate, while I got off my plasma torp into the decimator. BUT not before taking 3 more hull damage from it. The Plasma missed totally and utterly (4 blank results!). Thanks to the Munition's failsafe though, I didn't expend it. Then I thankfully got missed by both fighters.

Round 4, Black-1 bomber shows up. Fighter red-1 bumps Unca, with fighter green-1 bumping him. The Decimator finishes me off, before I got off my shot. The interceptor traded shots again with Squeaky.

Round 5, Squeaky starts making his way to the escape edge, calling the mission a failure. Takes 2 hull damage from all the imperials.

Round 6, Squeaky makes it off the board, barely, after the Decimator moved to JUST being out of range.

Resounding Imperial victory. Will run a 2 nd time with the same guy, and a 3 rd person who shows up. Switching out Unca for Snoopy.

4 th running. Both players taking 2 fighters each, with the other player keeping squeaky, and taking the Y-wing Twitch (BTL-A4 title, with the Twin laser turret). For me, I took Grood for an X-wing (with straight up R2 astromech and a plasma torp), and Snoopy for my Y-wing (ion bomb, ion turret).

Imperials now up to 3 tie fighters. Should also have had a 2 nd interceptor, but forgot to include it, on the board (I buggered up). IF this run is also an imperial victory, will do as recommended on-line, and switch the Decimator with the 1 st wave of Tie bombers, that normally would come in on round 4. After the planning phase for round 2, we got a third player, who took over playing Squeaky, while the initial player kept with Twitch (since he put him in harm's way)..

Round 1, both X-wings and snoopy, head towards the interceptor. While Twitch went towards the 3 fighters. Shots traded, Twich loses 2 shields, while dealing out only 1 damage to fighter Red-1. Shots taken at the interceptor, but all were misses, even after 1 target lock was used up.

Round 2, the decimator strips the last shield from Twitch, while Proxy mine 2, gets 2 hull damage to it. The interceptor strips both shields from Squeaky, but gets missed by him and Grood's return shots.

Twitch misses all rolls vs Green-1 fighter.

Round 3, both Squeaky, Snoopy and Grood shoot the hanger bay, dealing it 10 total damage, destroying it, denying the imperials reinforcements that would have shown up on round 4. However, Grood gets whakked by the Decimator AND one of the turrets, losing both shields and taking 1 hull damage. Snoopy, drops his Ion bomb, dealing out 2 ion damage to the Decimator, Interceptor red-1, and fighter green-1.

Round 4, Twitch goes EVA from the Decimator's shots. While Snoopy loses his shields to both turrets.

Grood starts scanning the imperial base. Squeaky maneuvers to shoot the 2 nd turret, and thankfully gets missed by everyone.

Round 5, base scan going on, so Grood has to stay close, Squeaky kills the 2 nd turret, Snoopy takes 3 hull damage from the interceptor and the Decimator. Tie fighter black-1 gets destroyed.

Round 6, base scan complete for Grood, who starts making maneuvers to book out, Squeaky starts his scan just to be sure. Snoopy gets killed by fighters Red-1 and Green-1.

Round 7, Squeaky's scan complete, he joins Grood in making his moves to exit. Neither take more damage thankfully.

Round 8, Grood gets killed, by the Decimator before he can clear the board (had he been missed, he would have exited the next round). Interceptor red-1 and fighter green-1 both miss Squeaky.

Round 9, squeaky dies before he can exit the map.

Solid imperial victory, but people liked this mission MORE with 4 rebel ships. Poor planning initially led to too much damage to Grood before he could start the base scan.

With this 4th straight imp victory, i am going to take a suggestion i got given, of switching Epsilon squad, the Decimator, to having it activate on round 4, while Charlie squad, the 1st group of bombers, start the game active from the hanger.

I also made up stats for the hanger modules itself, with 9 hull. So it can be destroyed so as to stall/halt imperial reinforcements coming in on later turns..

However, the 2 guys i played with in that 4th running, both agreed to stick with this, and make a proper HOTAC campaign out of it.

They also said 1-2 other players can show up each wednesday... So that gives me a hopeful 3-4 solid players each week.. If we only get 2 missions a game day, that should run 11 weeks before we are done with all the missions...

rats!!!. Looking at a few things, i realised i made 2 mistakes during these 2 games.

1) Tie bombers at PS 2, though they MOVE before the rebels, they SHOOT before the rebels. I had them moving first, and shooting After.

my 2nd booboo, was i did not give any ties face up crit hit damage cards.. They should have. I just gave them a regular hit.

OK. So my regular guy was dealing with a bursed water main, so couldn't make it.. And another guy canxed..

BUT i still had 1 player.. So we both, rather than running the regular campaign, went back to play test mission 2 of storyline 2..

He stuck with the X-wing Crack, and took the Y-wing Doc.

I stuck with the Y-wing Wilt, and went with the X-wing Grood.

Imperial forces;

Alpha squad, 3 tie fighters (red, green and black-1)

Beta squad. 1 Tie interceptor (black 2)

Charlie squad activating in round 4; 1 Tie bomber (Black 3)

Delta squad, activating in round 7, 1 tie bomber (Gold 1)

and the Decimator activating in round 7.

Mission goals - Primary - destroy the turrets, shield generator and Sensor array. Secondary - A) destroy the decimator, B) destroy Charlie and Delta squads.. NOT needed to complete mission, but a good thing to do (If they are killed this mission, they won't be there for mission 3!)

So for round 1, all the rebels moved in a manner forming a conga line. Two of the 4 proximity mines got destroyed. No counter fire.

Round 2, the two Y-wings Wilt and Doc, made a B-line toward the imperial facility, while the X-wings went after the fighters.. However Crack bumped into Doc. Grood got off a shot, and winged Red-1. Counter fire stripped both shields of of Grood. Neither Doc or Wilt were in range to shoot, and the one turret that could missed.

Round 3, saw both the X-wings in it with the fighters and interceptor, however cause of how they moved, the interceptor bumpped green-1, and red-1 bumpped black-1. But it still didn't stop them stripping a shield off of Crack, and giving Grood a hull damage. Red-1 now at 2 hull damage.

Round 4, finally saw the base turret's engaged, with Turret 2 being taken on by Wilt, and Turret 3 by Doc.

Round 5, saw Wilt finally take out his turret, but Doc wasn't having much luck with his. Return fire from them stripped all 3 of his shields.

Round 6, saw Grood take 2 hull, and a crit was given to Crack. Red-1 now kia, and so is the interceptor. Wilt Strips all 3 shields off of the base shield generator.

Round 7, the bomber Black-2, strips the remaining shields off of Wilt. While Gold 1 had no shot. However the Decimator gave a 2nd hull damage to Crack. EEEKK.

Round 8, saw Grood shoot a plasma torp into the decimator, but all attack die were BLANKS (wow bad luck)... Wilt damages turret 1, while Doc finishes it off.. A Seismic bomb will get dropped next turn to damage the shield generator and the sensor array.

Round 9, Grood gets KIA. Wilt and Doc start fleeing, and mange to destroy the shield genrator and sensor array. Crack hits and deals 2 damage to Black-1.

Round 10, all fighters start heading out. Doc gets KIA by the Decimator and Gold-1.

Round 11, Crack escapes.

Round 12. Wilt escapes.

Rebel victory, but barely. 3 die rolled for both Doc (lost his most expensive upgrade, AND lost his most expensive EPT/pilot ability, which he has none right now). Grood fared worse having his pilot totally killed...

Recommendations. Clarify the order for the turret/shield/sensor array, that have to be destroyed. Clarify where the rebels can exit/how. Re-write when/how the Decimator activates.

With Next wednesday being the start of most store's black-friday sales, i am not sure if anyone's gonna be there to play, but i am asking..

Slight correction to the above. The Two Y-wings in play were Crack and Wilt, and the X-wings were Squeaky and Grood. DOC was not in use..

Now that said. We did a replay of it, to see if it worked out differently with slight changed tactics, and me doing a re-write on mission priority order of completion and clarifying some other stuff (what # of turrets and where they were)..

Kept with same 4 rebels, the 2 Y-wings were Wilt and Crack. The 2 X-wings were Grood and Squeaky.

Squad leader on Y-wing Wilt. X-wings = Groot back to being a base PS2 pilot after being KIA. Starting out with exactly the same gear (plasma torpedo, munition's failsafe and R2 astromech). Squeaky now at PS3, with a Plasma torpedo and Vectored Thrusters.

Y-wings = Crack, Now at PS3, replaced lost blaster turret with Sync turret, and put PS to 3. Still has his seismic bomb and R7 astromech. Wilt Also now at PS3, added mod of Stealth device and a Thermal Detonator, to go with his plasma torpedo/sync turret and R5 astromech.

Round 1, Groot hit and damaged interceptor Brown-1, while losing 2 shields in the counter fire from both him and Red/brown-1. Wilt dealt 1 damage to Proxy mine 3, and crack did 2 damage to mine 2.

Round 2, both X-wings bumped into Interceptor Brown-1. Crack made a booboo and ran over Proxy mine 2, suffering 2 damage in the process. However this did remove the mine. Interceptor Red/brown-1 strips both shields and does 2 hull damage to Squeaky. Wilt shoots but misses mine 3. Blue-1 and Green-1 deal 2 hull damage to Grood, while red-1 had no shot.

Round 3, Both Y-wings shoot and deal 2 hull damage to Hanger bay 2. Both X-wings missed shots. Squeaky bumped into Red-1, Grood into blue-1, while interceptor Red/brown-1 bumped into brown-1.

Round 4, Bomber Charlie-1 shows up at hanger 2. Does a 4K-turn to get behind the Y-wings. Blue-1 bumps squeaky, Interceptor Brown-1 bumps squeaky again sandwiching him between them. Red-1 bumps green-1. Grood shoots and kills red-1, but gets killed by both interceptors with counter fire. Wilt deals 1 damage to turret-3, while Crack strips 2 shields from the base shield generator.

Round 5, Wilt kills turret-3, while crack shot and stripped the last shield and dealt 1 hull damage to the base shield generator. Squeaky deals 3 damage to hanger 1 after thinking of shooting the Decimator (after finding out it could have activated that round or the next, he changed his target). Counter fire removes the last shields of Crack.

Round 6, Fighter blue-1 bumps green-1, while interceptor red/brown-1 bumps squeaky. Most shots missed except wilt dealing 1 damage to turret-1.

Round 7, Delta's bomber silver-1 shows up on hanger 1, and the Decimator activates. Other than 2 more hull damage dealt by Crack to hanger 1, and the Decimator killing Squeaky, all other shots were missed. Both Y-wings had maneuvered under the range of Turrets 1 and 2.

Round 8, Crack dies to combined fire of both interceptors, and wilt takes 3 hull damage from both bombers.

Round 9, Wilt dies.

This running was most definitely worse than the first running. But the dice were most definitely against us.. Might have to think of (for our 3 rd running), having all 4 rebels going into the swarm of fighters and interceptors to whittle their #s down, before we run at the base.

Have cut this out into its own thread...

Edited by LTuser

I enjoy reading your missions and play tests. They are fun to read and helps give me ideas for a campaign (not running one... yet).

I wish I could come and play with you on a regular basis. 😀

Where are you located? I run, wednesday evenings at the Guardtower east store on main street, just of Mcnaughten rd.

And thanks for the praise. I should have 2 more write ups to do tomorrow (will get up early to do another running of that above mission, and then my standard wednesday evening's session.)

22 hours ago, LTuser said:

Where are you located? I run, wednesday evenings at the Guardtower east store on main street, just of Mcnaughten rd.

And thanks for the praise. I should have 2 more write ups to do tomorrow (will get up early to do another running of that above mission, and then my standard wednesday evening's session.)

Probably not near you as I don't know those places...haha. I live in Calgary, Alberta, Canada.

I look forward to your write ups.

Edited by RedKnightRob
spacing

DOH!!!

As for the hopeful 'home game' i was thinking of running this morning, i didn't wake up in time to do it.. Had to go out and get my hair cut (had an appt).. Will try tomorrow...

Cut and pasted out to its own thread.

Edited by LTuser

Like above, edited this out, into its own thread.

Edited by LTuser

Made 1 edit to the mission after getting an email from a gaming comrade.. Have re-wrote it, that should the Decimator be destroyed by the rebels, not just forced to flee, All the remaining imperial ships shift their AI to Flee. Fighters will try to escape the board via the side they came in on, Defenders and Advanced will try to enter hyperspace.. So Did a 5th running after making that edit with the 3 Y-wings as i planned...

5 th running;

Rebels used – Unca sporting a R3 astromech, Proton torpedo and Munitions failsafe (Gold), Wilt sporting a R5 astromech, Plasma torpedo and Sync turret (Grey), and Shunter sporting an R5-K6 astromech, Sync turret and seismic bomb (Green). The Imperials as were before.

The Defender starts in spot 3, the Fighters in spot 2. Squad leader on Shunter.

R1, all rebels plan a 1 straight move, the Fighters do a 3 hard to the right, while the defender does a 3 straight with barrel roll to avoid debris field. The decimator does a 2 bank. NO shots as everyone out of range.

R2, rebels plan same 1 straight maneuver. Fighters do a 3 bank towards the rebels, the Decimator also does a 3 bank. After the rebels move, the Decimator does a 2 Straight. Puts a TL on both Wilt and Unca (they couldn't TL him as he was out of range when they did their maneuver, so all rebels focused instead). Decimator shoots and strips 1 shield from both Unca and Wilt. Rebels return fire, stripping all 4 shields from the Decimator.

No other shots as Defender and fighters are out of range.

R3, rebels plan a 2 bank. The tie fighters do a 3 straight and evade as still out of arc to shoot. The Defender also does a 3 straight and focuses. The rebels do their 2 bank and all TL the Decimator. The Decimator does a 3 hard and re target locks Unca and Wilt. 1 st shot strips the last 2 shields from Wilt and gives him a 1 hull damage. His 2 nd shot takes both shields from Unca. Their counter shots deal 6 hull damage total to the Decimator (bringing it down to 6 left). Defender ionizes Wilt, while both fighters combine to do 1 hull to Unca.

R4, Wilt plans a 1 straight, while unca and shoot both plan 3 bank. The fighters perform a 3 straight both bumping into the decimator. The Defender rolls a 3 straight, but due to debris field in way, has to do a 3 bank instead, taking him out of arc to shoot. The rebels do their moves, with wilt bumping the Decimator The Decimator tries it's move which is a 1 hard to the left, but can't as it bumps into Red-1. As has no action, can't re-target lock, so only gets secondary shot, which goes out towards shunt striping him of all his shields and doing 1 hull damage. With both Wilt and Unca touching the decimator they have to shoot the fighters with their main guns, but as its range 1, get a +1d bonus. Wilt rolls 3 criticals vs no evades, while Unca rolls 2 criticals and 1 hit vs 3 focuses.. Both fighters KIA. Shunt deals 7 th hull damage to the Decimator, forcing it into a Flee AI now.

R5, the rebels plan; Wilt 2 hard to right, Unca 2 bank to right and shunt 2 bank. Decimator does 3 bank to left, while defender does 2 hard (red) around debris field). Unca's move takes him behind (bumps) decimator), while Shunt's moves him to not having shot. Wilt can shoot either Decimator or defender, ops to shoot decimator. Decimator's shot deals 3 hull to wilt (putting him at 4 hull damage) and 2 more to Shunt (3 hull damage overall). Unca's shot gives 1 hull and 2 crits (engines and thrust control) to the Decimator bringing it to 1 hull left. Wilt can't shoot as has no shot.

R6, the Advanced of Falcon show up at spot 5 (bottom right corner). Rebels plan- Unca a 1 bank, Shunt a 2 bank and wilt a 2 hard. Decimator does a 3 bank (and due to the thrust control its a red so can't do action to reacquire tl on anyone). Advanced do 5 straight. Red-3 Tls Unca while Grey 3 Tl's shunt. Red 3 shoots and kills Unca, while Grey 3 gives 4 th hull damage to Shunt. Decimator shoots shunt and misses. Wilt gets off torpedo shot killing the decimator. This instantly shifts all remaining imperials to Flee AI (as only defenders/advanced left, all will try to hyperspace out). Shunt misses shot on Grey 3.

R7, With the Decimator now dead, the imperials are now at a Flee AI. The Defender can do a 2, 3 4 or 5 straight to enter hyperspace (roll d8, 1 or 5 he does a 2 straight, 2 or 6 he does a 3 straight, 3 or 7 he does a 4 straight and 4 or 8 he does a 5 straight), while the Advanced have either a 1 bank or a 1 or 2 straight to get a green needed to get into hyperspace (Roll d6, 1 or 4 its a 1 bank, 2 or 5 its a 1 straight, 3 or 6 its a 2 straight). Red-3 runs into problem with debris field in path, so has to do a 2 bank to avoid running aground, so can't try to hyperspace this round, TL's shunt instead. Grey 3 does a 1 bank, while the defender does a 5 straight. Both try to enter hyper space but fail. Shunt drops his seismic bomb causing 1 damage to the defender, and after his 3 bank, is just outside of Red-3's firing arc. Tls Red 3. So does Wilt. Defender rolls 2 crits and enters hyperspace. Grey 3 rolls 2 blanks and fails. Both rebels even with spending their TL, get misses on Red-3.

R8, Red 3 retries to enter hyperspace, so does Grey 3. Red-3 runs INTO grey-3, and bumps him, stopping his entrance to hyperspace again. Both rebels move, only Wilt has shot, but strips only 1 shield from Red-3. Grey 3 enters hyperspace.

R9, Red-3 re-starts his entering hyperspace attempt. Wilt moves to almost bumping him in the rear. Shunt just heads towards the rebel start side. Wilt misses shot due to 3 blanks vs 3 evades.

R10, Red-3 enters hyperspace before wilt gets off his shot.

REBEL victory.

And the last edit out to its own thread..

Edited by LTuser

So.. For my running of Mission 2 from storyline 1, i decided to replace 2 of each of the X and Y wings with others.. (as they are being used in my proper HOTAC campaign)..

So to re-go over the ships..

For the Six X-wings we have;

#1 (red), Squeaky, carries only an R2-D2 astromech, banked the last of the starting xp.

#2 (blue), Chaka, Carries a base R2 astromech but sports a Stealth device.

#3 (silver), Jinn, carries a base R3 astromech and Stealth device.

#4 (green), Grood, Base R2 astromech, Plasma torpedo and munitions failsafe ship mod

#5 (gold), Spot, R5-K6 astromech and a plasma torp

and #6 (grey), Gruff. R3 astromech with vectored thrusters ship mod.

Squeaky with his being used in prior play tests earned 11xp so far.. Purchased himself a Plasma torpedo and got a PS upgrade to 3.

For the Six Y-wings we have;

#1 (red), Crack, carrying an R-7 astromech, seismic bomb and a Blaster turret

#2 (blue), Dozer, sporting a Sync turret, Seismic charge and a base R5 astromech

#3 (silver), Shunt, sports a Sync turret, seismic charge and R5-K6 astromech.

#4 (green), Doc, sporting an R7-T1 astromech, Dorsal turret with the ship mod Vectored thrusters

#5 (gold), Unka, an R3 astromech, Proton torpedo with munitions fail safe

#6 (grey), Wilt, with an R5 astromech, Plasma torpedo and a sync turret.

Crack has also earned 11xp, and also pushed his PS to 3, but he had to replace his destroyed blaster turret with a Sync turret..

Wilt has earned 15, purchased himself a Thermal Detonator bomb, and a Stealth device He also upped his PS to 3..

Everyone else is at base PS2..

ALL runnings will be @ 3 players, so only one Lambda and 1 YT will get used. Will run 6 times like this. 1 st will be with 3 X-wings. 2 nd will be with 3 Y-wings. 3 rd will be with 2 X and 1 Y wings. 4 th will be with 2 Y and 1 X-wings. 5 th and 6 th running will have some ships that have XP to their names.

Running 1 and 2 went with a YT-1300 for the freighter. Will shift up to the YT-2400 for the 3 rd and 4 th running..

1 st running .

Went with the 3 X-wings, Squeaky, Gruff and Grood. Base set up had 1 hanger, 1 Feed-through module, 1 shield generator, 1 command module and 1 shield unit. Also had 2 end-caps, 1 with a turret, so did the feed through module.

Imperials had Alpha squad of 2 Tie fighters (red and green-1), Beta squad of 1 bomber (gold-2), Delta squad showing up in round 4, of 1 more bomber (silver-3), Gamma squad showing up in round 6 of 1 Tie-aggressor, and Epsilon squad with 1 Lambda +2 extra shields, also in round 6.

Map is a 3x4 space, with the rebel base slightly off from being central.. Imperials come in starting on the 'far right' side, while the rebel's exfil zone is on the far left.. Tokens 1-4 are marking 'range 4, 3, 2 and 1 from the top right corner, while tokens 5-8 do the same on the bottom edge. This is where Reinforcements show up. Starting imperial forces show up using all 3 range rulers across their edge forming a 1-9 'marker'...

Rebel fighters are on "CAP" at range 1 on the other side of the base from where the imperials come in. The YT is docked with the hanger.

2 x-wings were facing 'north', 1 was south. The Imperials came in at spot 8 for the fighters and 3 for the bomber.

R1, The rebel X-wings that were set up facing north planned a 3 hard to the right taking them closer to the freighter. The other did a 3 hard to the left. The 2 fighters did a 4 straight, but as no targets were in range, they both took an “Evade token”. The Bomber also did a 4 straight, and put a Target lock on the rebel freighter then took a focus. The rebels all moved, but all were out of range to shoot, so 2 used their actions to give “Protect actions” on the YT. The Bomber launched its Plasma Torpedo, striping the freighter down 3 of it's 5 shields.. Even with the protect actions, it still got hit with 3 criticals and 1 hit, making for 4 hits out of 4, so 2 hits + a third due to the plasma torp write up.. NOT a good start. No other shots were fired, even the two turbo-laser turrets the rebel base had were just out of range to shoot anything.

R2, for the rebel fighters, Squeaky planned a 2 bank inwards, a 4 straight for Gruff so he could get by the freighter without bumping it, and 3 bank for Grood, taking him hopefully closer to the bomber. The fighters all did a 5 straight, and focused. The Bomber Gold-2 did another 3 straight, and re-target locked the freighter, and also did a focus. The rebels moved, but Grood bumped into Squeaky (dam, didn't plan that out good, did I!). Squeaky gave another protect action to the YT, gruff couldn't take an action due to the bump. Gruff Tl's the bomber. Squeaky fires and misses Red-1, while Grood shot at range 3 on the bomber. Between him and Gruff, they dealt it 3 hull damage. The bomber, even with spending his TL and focus token, wiffed bad against the freighter, missing it totally.. However, the fighters were almost as unlucky, stripping only 1 shield from Squeaky. The turrets shot, and dealt Red-1 a hull damage between the both of them shooting..

R3, Squeaky plans a 1 bank to the right, Grood a 2 hard to the right, and Gruff a 4 straight. The Fighters do a 2 straight and focus again. The Bomber does a 1 hard to the left. Squeaky's bank causes him to bump into Red-1. Gruff's 4 straight causes him to bump the bomber. Grood's turn bumps into Gruff.. (CONGA LINE!!)..

Squeaky's shot misses Green-1, While Gruff's shot deals 1 damage to Red-1 (now at 2 hull), Grod dealt a 4 th hull damage to the Bomber. The bomber, being out of arc couldn't shoot the YT, so used its Proton torpedo on the shield generator, stripping it of all 3 of it's shields And giving it 1 hull damage. Both fighters out of arc to shoot. Both turrets shoot, 1 at each fighter, both miss.

R4, Silver-3 bomber shows up on token 7. squeaky plans a 3 bank to the right, Guff a 2 hard intwards towards the base, while Gruff has a 4k (stressing him). The fighters now damaged no longer operate as a pack. Red-1 does a 2 straight, while green 1 does a 2 bank bumping into red-1. For the bombers, Gold-2 banks to the right taking it away from the freighter, while silver 3 does a 2 straight, putting him too far to do anything.

Squeaky shoots and kills Gold-2. Gruff and Grood now have no shot. The fighters have no shot. Turret 1 misses Red-1, while Turret 2 gives Green-1 a hull damage (now both are damaged).

R5, the YT now activates, and plans a 3 bank to the right. Grood plans a 2 bank to the right, to try and keep close to the YT. Gruff plans a 1 bank to clear his stress, while Squeaky plans a 2 hard. Fighter Red-1 does a 1 hard to the right, coming close to bumping Squeaky, while Green-1 does a 2 hard. Silver-3 goes 4 straight. Target locks the freighter. The Xwings move, with Grood target locking the bomber, Squeaky does a protect on the freighter. Gruff TL's Green-1. Grood gives 2 hull damage to the bomber, while Squeaky gives it a 3 rd hull. Gruff's shot misses. For the imperials, the bomber deals the freighter a nasty blow taking its last 2 shields and giving it 1 hull damage. Green-1 misses the freighter. While Red-1 Gives turret-1 a third hull damage. The YT misses the bomber. As the YT has left, the base's turrets go inactive.

R6, the Lambda shows up on token 2, behind the action, while the Aggressor shows up on spot 8, right in the corner.. Squeaky plans a 2 hard, the freighter a 3 rd 3 bank. Grood also plans a 2 hard, while Gruff a 2 straight.

The fighter Red-1 does a 1 hard to the left bumping Green-1, while it does a 4k. Silver-3 does a 2 bank and TL's the freighter. The freighter moves. The Lambda does a 2 bank and takes a focus. The Aggressor a 3 straight + barrel roll so it can avoid an asteroid in its face. Rebels move. Squeaky shoots and kills silver-3. Gruff wiffs hitting green-1. Grood has no shot. The Lambda shot and stripped 1 more hull off Turret-1, Both fighters shoot and take 1 shield from Grood. The aggressor has no shot.

R7, Squeaky plans a 2 hard, Grood a 4 straight, and Gruff a 4k. The Freighter plans a 3 straight. The fighter red-1 does a 2 bank, while green-1 does another 4k. The aggressor a 3 bank and focuses. The Lambda does a 3 straight and Tls the bases shield generator. The rebels move (no bumps thankfully). Squeaky strips the shield off the aggressor and gives it 1 hull damage. Gruff does 3 shield damage to the Lambda, while Grood has no shot. The Lambda strips 2 shields from the base shield generator, while the fighters have no shot.

R8, The YT plans a 3 straight, Gruff a 1 bank to clear his stress, Grood a 4k, and squeaky a 2 hard. Red-1 bumps the Lambda, while Green-1 does a 2 bank putting the YT at range 1 so it can be shot. The YT moves. Aggressor does a 4 straight, then the lambda moves and bumps Gruff. No rebels have shot. The aggressor also has no shot. The Lambda strips the last shield from the base shield generator and gives it 1 hull (ouch, it has only 2!).. Green-1 misses Grood. Red-1 has no shot.

R9, the YT plans another 3 straight which will see it escape. The rebels plan a 2 straight (gruff), 1 bank (Grood) and 2 bank (Squeaky). The Aggressor does a 4k, bumping into red-1. As the YT has left, the rebels win.

Seemed like an easy victory for the rebels..