Vader, IG 88, focused on the kill AND Jawa?

By corwin666, in Imperial Assault Skirmish

I want to have an Vader based team with Temporary Alliance bringing in IG-88 and Elite Jawa scavenger. Can I also bring in focused on the kill or would that be three scum deployments?

I really hope focused on the kill doesn't count since its a fix.

I think you can't even bring fixes with temporary alliance.

Correct, Temporary Alliance doesn't work for Skirmish Upgrades.

You can only have skirmish upgrades of the army's affiliation. (Skirmish upgrade attachments can still go to a deployment card of a different affiliation.)

That is terrible news.

I wanted a list of:

Vader/fueled by hate

Temp alliance

IG 88/focus on the kill

EJawa scavenger

C3P0 TO focus Vader

R2D2 to get cards and absorb chopper hits

Fill in the rest with officers, jets and zillo.

Figured IG 88 and Vader fixed could do range/melee magic and finally deal with spectre.

To ruin your day further, the eJawa can only bring in droids when your faction is Merc. So Temping eJawa into Imps nixes that ability.

That would be a fun list though!

5 hours ago, a1bert said:

Correct, Temporary Alliance doesn't work for Skirmish Upgrades.

You can only have skirmish upgrades of the army's affiliation. (Skirmish upgrade attachments can still go to a deployment card of a different affiliation.)

This means that you can have explosive armaments eSentries in merc armies but not in Imperial ones, right?

Yes, you can include Explosive Armaments in your mercenary army, and if you bring in elite Sentry Droids using Jawa Scavenger , Explosive Armaments can be attached to them. (Each Skirmish Upgrade attachment must be attached to a different deployment card that satisfies its restrictions.)

17 hours ago, a1bert said:

Yes, you can include Explosive Armaments in your mercenary army, and if you bring in elite Sentry Droids using Jawa Scavenger , Explosive Armaments can be attached to them. (Each Skirmish Upgrade attachment must be attached to a different deployment card that satisfies its restrictions.)

D-amn! Explosive armaments on merc (via eJawa) E-sentries. Brilliant.

Edited by NeverBetTheFett

The list looks thematically ugly like only very few things I've seen in my long gaming life. In my experience, this usually is what dire desperation looks like... :lol:

11 hours ago, NeverBetTheFett said:

D-amn! Explosive armaments on merc (via eJawa) E-sentries. Brilliant.

That's interesting...

• 10 eSentries
  • 10 eSentries
  • 3 eJawa
  • 3 R2
  • 2 3P0
  • 1 Explosive Armaments (it's Unique, so only 1x in the list....)

...that's 29pts, so 11 left.

You could put IG-88 in there by dropping one group of eSentries, but that shifts the Command Deck to start using more of the Hunter cards, which the Sentries can't use.

5 hours ago, Fourtytwo said:

The list looks thematically ugly like only very few things I've seen in my long gaming life. In my experience, this usually is what dire desperation looks like... :lol:

Nice.

Thanks for the amazing input.

52 minutes ago, thereisnotry said:

That's interesting...

• 10 eSentries
  • 10 eSentries
  • 3 eJawa
  • 3 R2
  • 2 3P0

You could put IG-88 in there by dropping one group of eSentries, but that shifts the Command Deck to start using more of the Hunter cards, which the Sentries can't use.

I'm liking it.

Targeting computer for IG-88.

BT-1 also targeting computer.

Droids and hunters.

5 hours ago, thereisnotry said:

That's interesting...

• 10 eSentries
  • 10 eSentries
  • 3 eJawa
  • 3 R2
  • 2 3P0

You have one too many Droid ( Scavenged Stock only brings 3) from other factions or lack Temporary Alliance.

8 hours ago, corwin666 said:

Targeting computer for IG-88.

Targeting Computer is an Attachment and so is IG's fix. You can't have both.

2 minutes ago, DerBaer said:

Targeting Computer is an Attachment and so is IG's fix. You can't have both.

No.

No! What the ****. I keep getting screwed. That would have been amazing.

11 hours ago, a1bert said:

You have one too many Droid ( Scavenged Stock only brings 3) from other factions or lack Temporary Alliance.

You're right; my mistake. I originally had TA in there for the RCP, but then I realized that it's not core to the squad so I removed it, but then forgot to remove one of the Rebel droids.

Iggy and the stooges.

IG-88/Focused on the kill

E sentry droid/explosive armaments

BT-1/Targeting computer

Vinto

E Jawa

C3P0

Edited by corwin666
Got the name wrong. And I should use point values from now on
8 hours ago, corwin666 said:

IG-88/Focused on the kill
E sentry droids/explosive armaments
BT-1/Targeting computer
Vinto
E Jawa
C3P0

One too many non-mercenary Droid s (4) for Jawa (which can bring 3).

Edited by a1bert
Wrong math from me.
2 hours ago, a1bert said:

I thought it was deployment cards? So 3 cards? But it's the number of droids on the cards? Only 3 droids.

Maybe I should work on my reading comprehension. Ha! Or go over the rulebook again.

6 minutes ago, corwin666 said:

I thought it was deployment cards? So 3 cards? But it's the number of droids on the cards? Only 3 droids.

Maybe I should work on my reading comprehension. Ha! Or go over the rulebook again.

Oops, I took the pluralis form to mean two groups. I remove my objection. ;)

(Edit: The group name is Sentry Droid.)

Edited by a1bert
2 hours ago, a1bert said:

Wait.

The card that I have for E Jawa says 3 Groups

On ‎9‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 4:39 AM, corwin666 said:

Nice.

Thanks for the amazing input.

You're right - that wasn't helpful. I apologize.

So, I could have a merc team with an e-jawa, bring in BT-1 and put Prey on the Weak on him? Awesome!

Just a rule of thumb, there is no legal way to ever mix Imperial and Rebel factions. They do not play together. So if you find yourself with a list that has cards with the Rebel and Imperial symbols, ya done goofed something.

3 hours ago, Tvboy said:

Just a rule of thumb, there is no legal way to ever mix Imperial and Rebel factions. They do not play together. So if you find yourself with a list that has cards with the Rebel and Imperial symbols, ya done goofed something.

Exception - an E-Jawa can bring both Imperial & Rebel droids into your scum list

Edited by Captain_Tycho
spello