How to play?

By Mrbush11, in Arkham Horror Second Edition

Can someone answer a few questions for me about this game.

1) the OW if you go through a portal do you get delayed. And do you still draw and encounter card every turn and as long as you pass do you move to the next spot and then next turn draw another OW encounter card?

2) do monster keep coming in thru open gates?

3) we can trade money and items only but only if we are on the same spot

4) when does the terror level go up? Only when gates open And a surge? Or am I missing something?

5) any other rules I could be missing out on? The game seems easy. We all go on every turn and then do encounter and it seems not to bad. And when it comes to fighting the great old one it doesn’t seems too bad we is each token that comes off equal to one successful roll?

1) when you're sucked through an OW (i.e. a gate opens on you) you are delayed; if the gate opening is the result of an Arkham encounter, then in that very round you resolve the first OW encounter (so, a normal OW exploration will require you to survive 3 OW encounters)

2) no idea of what you're asking here. Monster appears through gates when a gate opens, or when a monster surge is resolved

3) almost correct: you have to be in the same area (thus, location or street) AND to be in the Movement phase: you cannot trade stuff during the other phases of the turn

4) Terror level goes up when Outskirts are emptied, or when specific effects (such as certain Mythos cards) are resolved. It has nothing to do with gates opening / surging

5) Can't say if you're missing something, but during final battle each token on the doom track requires X successes to be removed, where X is the number of investigators in the game. So, if you play with 3 investigators and the AO has a doom track of 12 doom tokens, you'll need 36 successes to win. Core game is easy, but easy means you should be able to win way before final battle: this is quite an important point in the strategy to achieve: expansion Ancient Ones are almost unbeatable in final battle, so, you really want to have those 6 seals down before the apocalypse is triggered

Hope this helps!