I would like an apology and explanation please

By Fudwicket, in X-Wing Squad Builder

It would just help - I expect people to apologise and explain when they get things wrong.

You’ll never get that. Your choices are to use the patched product and move on, or use something else and move on.

“faceless companies” do not apologize for anything unless they lose a significant chunk of revenue from it.

They posted something on FB that essentially said, "We know there are bugs. We're working on fixing them quickly. Hang tight" that's the best you're going to get.

If you expect a detailed outline of what went wrong in the development process, forget it. I'm sure FFG will expect such a report, internally, but you aren't entitled to it.

Just download one of the many other squad builder apps and go play some games. That's the whole reason we're here.

6 hours ago, Fudwicket said:

It would just help - I expect people to apologise and explain when they get things wrong.

Lol. You want an apology? Apologize for what? I can't think of too many things that go off in life without a hitch of some sort. Whether it's a military operation, sports game, vacation planning, making dinner, day-to-day routine in life, etc. They released an app...granted it has some bugs, but to demand an apology as if you're a victim or have been personally offended because the initial rollout didn't go as planned is absolutely laughable. I can't believe the victimhood that I'm seeing more and more of in everyday life.

Edited by Darth Onyx

One of the things that was discussed previously was how great it would be if the whole community acted as playtesters. Well, we got that and more! Playtesters, troubleshooter and guinea pigs are us.

I'm old enough to understand that new product rollouts won't be perfect and there will always be those people that love to break things but I'll take speed and utility over glitz everyday. From the little time I spent with the app I've found it to be slow and clunky.

Hopefully the game is a lot better than the app.

I'd like a bloody mary and 4 more hours of sleep. Looks like we're both screwed.

This is more than a little hitch. This is a a teribbly flawed product that is not usable in its present state, and oh by the way, you can’t really play the full game without it. There really is no excuse for how bad it is. They should have let the fans build it. However, I’m excited about 2.0 overall. But a spade is still a spade, and the squad builder sucks.

1 hour ago, Darthfish said:

This is more than a little hitch. This is a a teribbly flawed product that is not usable in its present state, and oh by the way, you can’t really play the full game without it. There really is no excuse for how bad it is. They should have let the fans build it. However, I’m excited about 2.0 overall. But a spade is still a spade, and the squad builder sucks.

You can play the full game without it. FFG was kind enough to provide us with pdfs for the squad points. Yes it's more work, but makes your argument less valid.

Yes the app is flawed, and it could have been better. I'm sure they have their team working on fixing the bugs that we are all finding with it. So instead of whining and complaining about it, use the app, I'd you find a bug, report it. If not, be quiet, no one likes whiners who aren't giving anything constructive to the process.

One question would be with 2 QA staff how on earth was that allowed to be released? Their standards must be exceptionally low.

A new game shouldn't start off with an immediate workarounds because the app development was hideousy flawed.

Some will say "it is what it is, stop moaning".

I say "Ffg thought they could take us for mugseho will put up with any old crap"

Very disrespectful of FFG.

1 hour ago, Number16 said:

One question would be with 2 QA staff how on earth was that allowed to be released? Their standards must be exceptionally low.

A new game shouldn't start off with an immediate workarounds because the app development was hideousy flawed.

Some will say "it is what it is, stop moaning".

I say "Ffg thought they could take us for mugseho will put up with any old crap"

Very disrespectful of FFG.

I'm 99% sure that QA found all these things, but there were other bugs that were higher on the priority list. The more important bugs could be anything, from squads not saving, to only one save slot, to points only calculating the last ship, to anything. As a QA guy myself, a LOT of things are found, but programmers only have so much time, especially when there is a definite release date like here.

On 9/14/2018 at 2:06 PM, Skywatcher1138 said:

Just download one of the many other squad builder apps and go play some games. That's the whole reason we're here.

Is there any available now for XW 2.0?

They also updated the thing 3 times in a day.

It works great now (granted a few more features would be nice and instructions on how to make Custom Formats) and has and does everything you need for a basic squad builder.

On 9/14/2018 at 12:16 AM, Fudwicket said:

You know what they say. Crap in one hand and want in the other and see which one fills up first.

On 9/14/2018 at 8:52 AM, ScummyRebel said:

You’ll never get that. Your choices are to use the patched product and move on, or use something else and move on.

“faceless companies” do not apologize for anything unless they lose a significant chunk of revenue from it.

Not even then...

Check the subreddit, ffg did post an apology with living patch notes. They are doing their best.

On 9/14/2018 at 7:21 AM, Darth Onyx said:

Lol. You want an apology? Apologize for what? I can't think of too many things that go off in life without a hitch of some sort. Whether it's a military operation, sports game, vacation planning, making dinner, day-to-day routine in life, etc. They released an app...granted it has some bugs, but to demand an apology as if you're a victim or have been personally offended because the initial rollout didn't go as planned is absolutely laughable. I can't believe the victimhood that I'm seeing more and more of in everyday life.

If I delivered something to a customer as broken and feature limited as the official app is I would **** well apologize and explain myself and what I was going to do to fix the problem.

I paid ffg for a product (the app was to come with my stuff). I received a broken product with extremely limited features. As a consumer, I should be demanding an apology and an explanation.

This is not victimhood this is expecting quality for my money, this kind of product should not be acceptable as a paying consumer. If you purchased a vehicle and the bumper was falling off, there were no mirrors and the paint was only on half the panels you would just accept it? You would not complain or demand accountability for the product you paid for?

What you are suggesting is consumers should just roll over and take it when they are sold a substandard product? in that case, I have a car I want to sell you.

39 minutes ago, chervorlovesu said:

Check the subreddit, ffg did post an apology with living patch notes. They are doing their best.

No

FFG should be moving through official channels on this. And no one who has used that app can say they are doing there best, its an embarrassment. They outsourced it to a near-incompetent third party or their in-house programmers are trash. This is not a time to apologize and defend FFG this is a time to demand accountability and action.

(i am a huge ffg supporter, I love their games but this app is not only broken but so feature-limited that its next to useless.)

On 9/15/2018 at 2:12 PM, FlyingToaster said:

I'm 99% sure that QA found all these things, but there were other bugs that were higher on the priority list. The more important bugs could be anything, from squads not saving, to only one save slot, to points only calculating the last ship, to anything. As a QA guy myself, a LOT of things are found, but programmers only have so much time, especially when there is a definite release date like here.

If there were even more bugs that were fixed ahead of time on one of the most simple apps, then they should look for a new developer. I said "a", as in singular. If they had more than one developer on this, they wasted their money. As I've said many times, solo fan developers have done a much better job in less time.

Edited by XiliX
On 9/15/2018 at 3:18 PM, Kehl_Aecea said:

They also updated the thing 3 times in a day.

It works great now (granted a few more features would be nice and instructions on how to make Custom Formats) and has and does everything you need for a basic squad builder.

Except it won't work off line. There's no point cost when you search for cards. Adding your collection seems to do little to limit the cards available to you when creating a list. I would consider these core features that are a must for launch.

5 hours ago, chervorlovesu said:

As a huge supporter of FFG and their titles, I really don't want an apology. I would just be very happy with a developer replying to my post on THIS (their official) forum. I have been waiting 4 days for a single response from anyone in an official capacity with regards to the fact that this app on android, iOS or the web based app do not work AT ALL for me with my correct account credentials. I am just NOT able to log in. Period.

I left a post on here with pictures and a video, I emailed customer support and I left a voicemail. Crickets. I have never used reddit, nor do I care to. THIS forum, the one that I get to by going to the FFG web page after buying an FFG product is where I would expect to see a representative or two from FFG be active with communication. At this point, I do not believe they are doing their best.

5 minutes ago, kevmann said:

As a huge supporter of FFG and their titles, I really don't want an apology. I would just be very happy with a developer replying to my post on THIS (their official) forum. I have been waiting 4 days for a single response from anyone in an official capacity with regards to the fact that this app on android, iOS or the web based app do not work AT ALL for me with my correct account credentials. I am just NOT able to log in. Period.

I left a post on here with pictures and a video, I emailed customer support and I left a voicemail. Crickets. I have never used reddit, nor do I care to. THIS forum, the one that I get to by going to the FFG web page after buying an FFG product is where I would expect to see a representative or two from FFG be active with communication. At this point, I do not believe they are doing their best.

You do realize they posted the same apology in this very forum yes? Check the stickied thread.

Just now, DoctorHam said:

You do realize they posted the same apology in this very forum yes? Check the stickied thread.

As I said, I DO NOT CARE ABOUT AN APOLOGY. I also said I do not use reddit, so comparing one apology vs another is not something I cared to do. Yes, I did read the stickied thread. I did see the explanation. I still am not able to use the app in any form AT ALL because it will not allow me to log in with my correct credentials. So, maybe you could assist me with the issue I am having instead of directing me to an apology that I stated I did not care about.

6 minutes ago, kevmann said:

As I said, I DO NOT CARE ABOUT AN APOLOGY. I also said I do not use reddit, so comparing one apology vs another is not something I cared to do. Yes, I did read the stickied thread. I did see the explanation. I still am not able to use the app in any form AT ALL because it will not allow me to log in with my correct credentials. So, maybe you could assist me with the issue I am having instead of directing me to an apology that I stated I did not care about.

I apologize for not reading your post correctly, however you can forgive me for thinking you were following along with the current topic asking for an apology and explanation for the app rather than hijacking a thread to add your own CS issues to the discussion.

Might I suggest you contact Asmodee support instead of FFG?

22 hours ago, Icelom said:

No

FFG should be moving through official channels on this. And no one who has used that app can say they are doing there best, its an embarrassment. They outsourced it to a near-incompetent third party or their in-house programmers are trash. This is not a time to apologize and defend FFG this is a time to demand accountability and action.

(i am a huge ffg supporter, I love their games but this app is not only broken but so feature-limited that its next to useless.)

It is also stickied on the ffg forums. Both places. Much more people use the sub than this though.