App. Is really bad

By LarryB., in X-Wing Squad Builder

My family of 4 has been so excited about the x-wing release everyone has saved for months we all loaded up today at noon went to the gamestore and dropped a little over 500 bucks , 4 new starter sets for everyone and new expansion upgrades and some new models. We have been excited about this new app....that's were this goes down hill this is total garbage for a product to be released this way everyone wants to blame the programers but I'm afraid this falls on Fantasy Flight, you can't tell me the powers that be didn't know that the app you have to use to play the game didn't know how bad it was before release. All I can say good show Fantasy Flight top notch release!

LaunchBayNext and YASB (yet another squad builder) are here. The Community gives where FFG's digital strategy folk failed hard.

It's like they are Bata testing it on release. They should have released it months ago as a public beta then this would all be fixed before the 3.0 release

Just now, shotbyscott said:

It's like they are Bata testing it on release. They should have released it months ago as a public beta then this would all be fixed before the 3.0 release

At the very least they should have had some demo setup at Gencon where they could get the folks picking up the game there to give it a look over and provide feedback. A pile of the stuff we're talking about would have came up before a half-dozen folks had looked at it. This thing is the center-piece of the new edition. That considerably more care and effort were not put into this is appalling. Particularly in the context of superior options made by people in their spare time for their own gratification being out there.

56 minutes ago, shotbyscott said:

This could maybe be a Beta release to a select group of live testers. Maybe.

But the GUI is horrible and everything is so... clunky and user-UNfriendly.

Edited by Green Knight