Seriously?

By iamzoner, in X-Wing Squad Builder

More than 3 months since an announced release of 2.0 and FFG can't even release a functional app?

There's no excuse for it. Apologies are ******* bull ****. FFG just lost my future business over this offense.

It's inexcusable, and truly insulting to all the hard working people at FFG who designed an impressive looking 2nd edition.
Imagine how betrayed the cardboard designers are feeling right now :(

well they just updated it and it seem to be working really well now. Are you really going to let a hiccup that was resolved in a few hours stop you playing this fantastic game?

Well he did say future purchases. ?

2511d62130c26feab372da549af68b03.jpg

This is Pedro, he was in charge of FFG logistics and I heard he got laid off.

He must have learned to code. ?

4 hours ago, Qark said:

well they just updated it and it seem to be working really well now. Are you really going to let a hiccup that was resolved in a few hours stop you playing this fantastic game?

It's nowhere near working well.

2 hours ago, costi said:

It's nowhere near working well.

Aside from a few upgrades missing and ships showing up in the wrong format the browser version seems to be fine for me. I haven't really used the phone app yet.

41 minutes ago, Qark said:

Aside from a few upgrades missing and ships showing up in the wrong format the browser version seems to be fine for me. I haven't really used the phone app yet.

It has serious UI issues (a lot of clicking, hidden, unintuitive scrollbars, some basic buttons missing, lack of easy upgrade preview, hull/shield upgrades not reflected in ship stats, the list goes on...) and desperately needs either a compact mode or a general shrinking of the UI. The amount of information that fits on the screen is ridiculously low.

Also, it has errors in the PDF output (half point threshholds are caculated incorrectly) and several titles don't add slots as they should.

I can't even add a ship to the app without it crashing half the time...

11 hours ago, Travman said:

It's inexcusable, and truly insulting to all the hard working people at FFG who designed an impressive looking 2nd edition.
Imagine how betrayed the cardboard designers are feeling right now :(

Real talk. Amazing miniatures game update. Hot garbage digital implementation.

I find it odd that they outsourced the app to Poland. I imagine the time difference alone makes coordinating design and othe issues quite hard.